Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Local Celebrity a Gay Party?

Guest coach

Guest coach

I know my girls.

But do you know them at 5 AM?

Uh... I'm gonna have to take the 5th on that one, Your Honor.

But, what you seem to be implying is that there is a rather strict door policy at LC. I did not realize that. Still doesn't explain it because I know they could pass anybody's muster, but that is interesting. I always thought it was a "loose-door" party.

I know Alan, too, and he is a great guy. Which is why I was wondering if it was a gay party or something. Not only that, given the financial state of Nocturnal, I think they would not be anxious to turn anyone away. Anyway, guess it will remain a mystery.

Guest Cosmigonon

I've been to LC many times, and the door is not strict at all. If anything, it's always crowded, and you have to wait to get in. There's obvioulsy more to their story, cause I've never ever seen girls, or anybody been turned away, unless they expected to get in for free or with no wait in line.

Guest macboy

I know Alan, too, and he is a great guy. Which is why I was wondering if it was a gay party or something. Not only that, given the financial state of Nocturnal, I think they would not be anxious to turn anyone away. Anyway, guess it will remain a mystery.

Maybe Alan T is to blame for the financial state of Nocturnal. :P

Seriously, maybe they just didn't want to pay. What exactly was the "exorbitant" amount to which you refer?

Guest coach

Seriously, maybe they just didn't want to pay. What exactly was the "exorbitant" amount to which you refer?

$50. Which is bad enough. But, I really think it was the hassling that bothered them the most. Rather than just letting them in to pay, they had to take some verbal abuse first. I know Alan plays like that, but still, I was really under the impression that LC was different than that.

Guest pod

$50 for how many people?

Again, not everyone can be 'special'. Some have to pay. That's what gets me the most about this town, is the sense of entitlement even the newbies get. They act like vets or natives even.

Guest coach

Heh, if you only knew... Yes, they are vets. Yes, they are locals. Yadda yadda yadda...

$50 each.

Maybe I just have higher standards for my cash, but I find it unlikely that any club is going to give me $50 worth of fun, unless they are handing out free reacharounds. I'm happy to support by paying for overpriced drinks without complaint, but cover charges are a different issue.

Anyway, question answered.

Guest Untouchable Chino

i personally defend ALLAN T & GIOBAUND...i have worked with both of them for a long long time.. and they do an excellent job at the door, their job is not to charge people but to:

1. recognize the industry and locals

2. monitor the quality of people coming in

3. keep the girl/guy ratio fair

with that in mind..i believe that they do an amazing job and i have never seen them turn anyone, specially women away.. now you all have to understand that we get a certain amount of comp tickets and we have to be selective who we use them for..

WITH ALL THIS SAID AND DONE, YOU ALL KEEP GOING TO LOCAL CELEBRITY, CAUSE WE HAVE BUILT A GREAT PRODUCT WITH GREAT MUSIC AND A GREAT VIBE EVERY SATURDAY MORNING..SO LETS NOT COMPLAIN AND JUST ENJOY IT..

Guest JustDade

I don't see the problem here. I think what we have is a failure to communicate.

Coach did not say that they were turned away. He said that they were asked to pay a cover charge they thought was too high and they walked away. I agree that $50 is a really high cover but I don't know what Biz had going that night. The club can charge what they want but it's up to the customers to decide if it's worth it.

I'll bet it was a case of them not wanting to pay the full cover and Alan giving a little shit about it. When you end up not getting in it's easy for the story to get a little worse the next day.

Guest JustDade

::)

how could you POSSIBLY justify charging $50 at 6am for LC, especially for chicks???

that's absolutely ridiculous.

Like I said......I think $50 is pretty steep but it's their door. We've all seen covers for afterhours at $50 or more. Show up for Space when there's a big DJ there and see what it is. I don't know what Biz had going that night. If I know Biz.........he just doesn't charge extra money for the hell of it. Either the venue was pulling a fast one on him or it was something special.

Guest Ryan EliteEnt

::)

how could you POSSIBLY justify charging $50 at 6am for LC, especially for chicks???

that's absolutely ridiculous.

Like I said......I think $50 is pretty steep but it's their door. We've all seen covers for afterhours at $50 or more. Show up for Space when there's a big DJ there and see what it is. I don't know what Biz had going that night. If I know Biz.........he just doesn't charge extra money for the hell of it. Either the venue was pulling a fast one on him or it was something special.

Or they were asked to pay full cover ($20) or $50 for the whole group and it turned into $50 a person the next day when everyone started to tell the story. It’s like a fishing story that just keeps getting bigger. I would guess that either A) it was a special event or B) the story got a little bigger then it really was.

PS. you also have to remember that after-hour parties have to charge more people at the door, because the bar does less then a normal party. I would bet that they did not get asked to pay $50 a person for a normal event.

Guest addictedtospace

Thanks for the support, Shaun, but I don't really give a fuck if I'm PC or not. I am what I am. I just wanna know what's up when my friends get hassled.

One of my business partners is black and he says its not a gay party.

One of my friends is a short, black, Jewish guy with a glass eye and he says its not a gay party neither.