Clubplanet Nightlife Community

No Penant for the Bronx Bombers...

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

28yankees.190.jpg

The Yankee's are done and I love every second of it..a franchise known to buy everybody else's player off is now 8 Games behind the Bo-Sox, so where are the outspoken big mouth New Yorker fans now...who will the Yankee fans boo, who will be thrown under the bus.

Will Joe Torre be fired?

Will A-Rod leave to sign with the Angels?

When will Jeter get his groove back?

Which washed up pitcher will show up to make a chase for the wild card?

Which player will Steinbrenner buy to keep the Yankee faithful happy?

So many questions...

Guest Fernando A

Please...everyone said the same thing at the All-Star break.

You're right, they probably won't win the AL East, but they'll win the AL wild card and still be in the playoffs.

It ain't over til it's over.

Guest macboy

Where are the Yankee fans? Take a look:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance

Yankee fans stick with their team through thick and thin. Florida sports fans only support a winner. Other than the Dolphins, you only hear the sound of crickets when you have a losing baseball/basketball/hockey team.

It's amazing how a team that won two world series in the last 10 years is next to last in paid attendance. ::)

Guest LeVeL

Yankee fans stick with their team through thick and thin. Florida sports fans only support a winner. Other than the Dolphins, you only hear the sound of crickets when you have a losing baseball/basketball/hockey team.

It's amazing how a team that won two world series in the last 10 years is next to last in paid attendance. ::)

I agree we dont have a lot of fans who go support our Baseball,Basketball and Hockey teams unless they are in the playoffs or finals.

But your comparison doesn't equal the fact that our Miami Heat a organization since 1988, Marlins a organization since 1993, Panthers a organization since 93 doesn't equal the tradition all the sports teams in NY.

Miami who has become a metropolitan city in the past 20 years was finally given the chance to have pro sports organizations come into town. Acourse fans in NY will stand by their sports clubs even if they are losers or winners, NY a metropolitan city that is given the chance to have a sports club since the start of baseball,basket,football an hockey. You have tradition in NY and with that comes loyalty from their fans, I would of liked to see the turnout of fans when some of these organizations were first started.

Just like Chicago,Philadelphia and Detroit these are cities that are given sports teams since the start, there is no way in hell you can compare fans from those regions to Miami, they been having sports in their towns for almost 100 years, compared to 10 to 15 years here in Miami, so give me a break with that comparence.

Just look at the Dolphins for example a organization who's been here 40 years and fans go to the games either they win or lose. Fans need to be shown loyalty and a proven winner to stand by sometimes especially when your a new organization being thrown into the mix with organizations who have been around for years and years.

Guest ICON

Location.

I lived in Tampa and it was a pain in the ass getting to the games... not to mention Tampa's stadium sucks. It's like an indoor Minor League Stadium.

In Miami.. excuse me, Ft Laud... for me at least.. its a pain in the ass to make it to any games. I have had this conversation with a lot of my friends down here... we have been TRYING to hit up a few games, but the city is just too spread out. Everybody works and lives all over the place in this town... and by the time a game ends and people FINALLY get home to get in the bed to goto work at 7am the next morning.. it's too late.

just my opinion. I dont care if a team is winning or losing.. it's baseball... it's the whole experience of the ballpark

Ohhh so watching the marlins play in a stadium originally built for soccer in 100 degree weather with 5,000 fans is better than watching the tampa bay d-rays play in an air conditioned stadium that was built only for baseball.....lol okay

I was 10 rows behind home plate and i thought it was excellent... much better than being at joe robbie..

Guest ICON

Ohhh so watching the marlins play in a stadium originally built for soccer in 100 degree weather with 5,000 fans is better than watching the tampa bay d-rays play in an air conditioned stadium that was built only for baseball.....lol okay

I was 10 rows behind home plate and i thought it was excellent... much better than being at joe robbie..

Whatever floats your boat.... You have your opinion and I have mine. I grew up watching the Atlanta Braves where we had season tickets (at Atlanta Fulton Co. Stadium/Turner Field)... That's a true baseball environment... Not Tropicana Field. The stadium has an orange steal beam that is directly over center field and if a pop up hits that beam, the batter is either automatically out or ground rule double (i cant remember). AND IT HAPPENS A LOT IN THAT STADIUM.

How you can compare watching a game at Tropicana Field to watching a game at Turner Field in Atlanta or Wrigley Field in Chicago, or Fenway Park in Boston is beyond me.

Whatever floats your boat.... You have your opinion and I have mine. I grew up watching the Atlanta Braves where we had season tickets (at Atlanta Fulton Co. Stadium/Turner Field)... That's a true baseball environment... Not Tropicana Field. The stadium has an orange steal beam that is directly over center field and if a pop up hits that beam, the batter is either automatically out or ground rule double (i cant remember). AND IT HAPPENS A LOT IN THAT STADIUM.

How you can compare watching a game at Tropicana Field to watching a game at Turner Field in Atlanta or Wrigley Field in Chicago, or Fenway Park in Boston is beyond me.

Um i compared it to the Marlins ONLY. Re-read my response rookie.. .lol I was comparing joe robbie to tropicana ONLY. I stated its a stadium built for baseball... Where did i mention enviroment? While your at it, can you point out in my post where i mentioned atlanta, chicago or fenway?

I'm well aware it doesn't compare to Fenway.. I've been to Fenway for the bosox-yankees series two years ago and sat 15 rows off 1st base. lol

I was mainly pointing out that i'd rather watch a game in an AIR CONDITIONED stadium rather than joe robbie. I even capitalized it (again) just in case you didn't catch that the first time.

Guest ICON

ok gotcha. like i said.. in my opinion the ballpark sucks. whatelse can i say?

I was comparing it to other baseball parks and you were comparing it to miami.. i get your point.

being a "rookie" on a message board really is not all that bad.

ok gotcha. like i said.. in my opinion the ballpark sucks. whatelse can i say?

I was comparing it to other baseball parks and you were comparing it to miami.. i get your point.

being a "rookie" on a message board really is not all that bad.

I thought the park was nice only because of the AC and I thought it was very kid friendly and family oriented. Easy to get too.. but technically speaking - yeah it probably does suck. lol

After going to Fenway and being apart of that total madness - its hard for any other park to blow me away (unless i go see my Tigers play at Comerica Park in Detroit).

Guest swirlundergrounder

Hell yeah.

The Yankees have no pitching what so ever.

The starters have an ERA of 20.00 and they don't even have a closer or a set up man or middle relief or bench boys for that matter...

Now lets talk about my Mariners!

They've been playing some good ball up late.

They could take the division. But I think they will end up with the Wild Card.

The one team I hate more than the Mariners are the Angels!

I hate the Angels...

GO MARINERS!!

;D