Clubplanet Nightlife Community

JP at Gryphon

CrzyC1414779017

Guest Mayor

Thanks again to Jamison for hooking us up with the table last minute. Looking forward to the next time. :)

>:(

uh oh

thought u were coming up?

I know seth spoke to you about DT

but cmon - sometime u gotta come in

;D

Thanks again to Jamison for hooking us up with the table last minute. Looking forward to the next time. :)

>:(

uh oh

thought u were coming up?

I know seth spoke to you about DT

but cmon - sometime u gotta come in

;D

One day little grass hopper one day.. My little brother is in town this weekend maybe this weekend I'll come by, however on Friday night I had a few brew dogs and I passed a cop after seeing 4958723458973458934589 cops, it knocked enough sense into me to stay off the roads for the weekend. If I ever got a dui, I would loose my job and it appeared cops were looking everywhere over the holiday weekend.

Guest pod

That was some world-class drinking.

Oh, and that on-the-fly stuff JP did with "Controversy" was classic.

The diva-bitch-circuit stuff was a bit too camp, but then he got into a mode where, hold-the-phone-for-Ramon, it sounded like techno.

Guest Electric Eel

The bitch squad had a blast! Thank you for Nick for getting us on the list, Thank you Jamison for securing us a table and for the tickets for Sunday, Thank you Seth for reminding Jamison to give us tickets and Thank you every one else for helping make it a fun time! lol

Second time seeing JP and was once again happy I went. I will definitely be there whenever he comes back :)

Guest pod

I think JP gets kind of a bum rap because of his association with the New York guido crowd. Now, when he comes to South Florida, there's a dearth of guidos, so in my mind, it was a perfect opportunity to see what he is about, sans the some-would-say-downward effect of the guido.

Were guidos there? Yes. But they weren't acting like it, so it was fine by me.

Aside from the camp in the beginning, my judgement is that he fulfilled the role of DJ and entertainer very well. He played for the crowd, but didn't resort to anthems. I think his performance method helped with this enormously. He's got two laptops loaded up with songs, samples, and snippets of songs, and knows how to work 'em.

Would I go back when he comes down again? Certainly. He provided the soundtrack for a great party that evening.

Guest lulamishka

This was my first time hearing JP and I have to say I really enjoyed myself! I had my assumptions on what I thought the experience would be like, but he totally proved me wrong! You know what they say when you assume...

I didn't care for the circuit party tracks, but he MORE than made up for it with the Prince 'Controversy' remix and everything after that!

Didn't get to meet ya, but thank you Jamison for the last minute table hookup for the Bitch Squad & Company. And thanks Barbarino, for getting the us on the list. :P

I'd go back to hear JP again. :)

Guest Mayor

a few of his "army" was there

the white bandanas and white jackets and sun glasses give it away

Pod - im sure u got a few picks with those guys somewhere

;D

Like I said, he's "tainted" by his association with the Guidos, but Gryphon did an outstanding job of de-Guidofying the night.

Not really, sometimes i guess he just downright sucks. That was my experience. Glad he is doing great in Miami, i might check him out again in that kind of environment. Never again in NYC though.

Guest Shanafab

The bitch squad had a blast! Thank you for Nick for getting us on the list, Thank you Jamison for securing us a table and for the tickets for Sunday, Thank you Seth for reminding Jamison to give us tickets and Thank you every one else for helping make it a fun time! lol

Second time seeing JP and was once again happy I went. I will definitely be there whenever he comes back :)

I second that! Awesome time - thanks for everything!!! :)