Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BT back in Miami!

Guest LadyJ

Guest LadyJ

To many people missed them at Revolution a year ago. :'( (An amazing show when he launched his new cd!!)

But luckily he's back and doing it right again at the Pawn Shop 9-22. ;D

Tickets are $30 right now

Call Jennifer 561-541-8182

btclubbanner.jpg

Guest JMT

anyone who missed his "dj set" at Revolution should consider themselves fortunate. it was abysmal. i left, and i rarely leave.

i'm not sure what he classified his performances back in the day ("dj set", "live set", "laptop symphony", etc.) but that night didn't offer a shadow of the BT of old.

Guest djjoncowan

my comment is on the name of the party.... there is a cd series put out by renaissance called "audio therapy" all mixed by dave seaman and a special guest. the series is almost 6 yrs old now. Audio therapy is also dave seaman's highly successful record label name and also a series of parties hosted by the agency owned by dave also called "audio therapy" - just pretty lame when people try and steal a name and ride the coat tails of others success... just my opinion - too be honest I know the name is trademarked - the promoters should be careful as there is a good chance of dave resurecting his residency here in miami after the success of last weekends events... can you smell trademark infrindgement????? ??? ::) :-[ :o

Guest DeepHouseMan

Can someone say... Cohen and Cohen ???

Trademark infringement is a violation of the exclusive rights attaching to a trademark without the authorization of the trademark owner or any licensees (provided that such authorization was within the scope of the license). Infringement may occur when one party, the "infringer", uses a trademark which is identical or confusingly similar to a trademark owned by another party, in relation to products or services which are identical or similar to the products or services which the registration covers. An owner of a trademark may commence legal proceedings against a party which infringes its registration.

In many countries, but not in the United States, which recognizes common law trademark rights, a trademark which is not registered cannot be "infringed" as such, and the trademark owner cannot bring infringement proceedings. Instead, the owner may be able to commence proceedings under the common law for passing off or misrepresentation, or under legislation which prohibits unfair business practices. In some jurisdictions, infringement of trade dress may also be actionable.

Where the respective marks or products or services are not identical, similarity will generally be assessed by reference to whether there is a likelihood of confusion that consumers will believe the products or services originated from the trademark owner. If the respective marks and products or services are entirely dissimilar, trademark infringement may still be established if the registered mark is well known pursuant to the Paris Convention. In the United States, a cause of action for use of a mark for such dissimilar services is called trademark dilution.

In some jurisdictions a party other than the owner (eg. a licensee) may be able to pursue trademark infringement proceedings against an infringer if the owner fails to do so.

The party accused of infringement may be able to defeat infringement proceedings if it can establish a valid exception (e.g. comparative advertising) or defence (e.g. laches) to infringement, or attack and cancel the underlying registration (eg. for non-use) upon which the proceedings are based.

Guest mbongiovi

All I know is I went to the show at revolution and it was one of the most boring things I have sat through. I was a big fan of BT in the past, so I went to check it out and I was very dissapointed. I wanted to leave, but I stayed thinking it would get better and it didn't. My friends in Orlando actually walked out of the show. It was like sitting through an hour of live ambient music, which could be cool if that is what you are expecting. But when you hear BT you don't think ambient. Just my opinion, but who knows what he'll do at Pawn Shop. His DJ sets and laptop synpahny are decent and his old live performances were great as well.

Guest SpacePooP

It is his live set. No DJ, no laptop show. Keyboards and everything. He hasn't played his live set in 5 years. I saw him in Houston a few weeks back and he was sick!! Check out these videos.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16801572

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16800376

Old-school live like "one-man-band"? Or just him poking away at a laptop all night? Or the interim "BT Live" where he had a band.

Guest DeepHouseMan

It is his live set. No DJ, no laptop show. Keyboards and everything. He hasn't played his live set in 5 years. I saw him in Houston a few weeks back and he was sick!! Check out these videos.

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16801572

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=16800376

Old-school live like "one-man-band"? Or just him poking away at a laptop all night? Or the interim "BT Live" where he had a band.

WOW! Thanks for the video clips!

NOW I definitley know that I'm NOT going!

Guest slamminshaun

i heard the revolution show sucked as well. This maybe a pit stop on the b-day nite perhaps, time permitting.

Was this the place in Palm Beach County he played a few years ago? I can't remember the name, but it's funny because my friends and I walked out too!

Guest RzO

i heard the revolution show sucked as well. This maybe a pit stop on the b-day nite perhaps' date=' time permitting.

[/quote']

Was this the place in Palm Beach County he played a few years ago? I can't remember the name, but it's funny because my friends and I walked out too!

its in ft lauderdale. downtown area, the old edge/chilipepper. Supposedly terrible from what i heard, i dont think i would really even care to see BT again, maybe it will be worth checking out for a few to see what hes doing now.

Guest SpacePooP

RzO just look at video links I posted above to see what this show will be like.... ;D

i heard the revolution show sucked as well. This maybe a pit stop on the b-day nite perhaps, time permitting.

its in ft lauderdale. downtown area, the old edge/chilipepper. Supposedly terrible from what i heard, i dont think i would really even care to see BT again, maybe it will be worth checking out for a few to see what hes doing now.

he was at the setai with your favorite dj EVER, you should've touched him too

Guest LadyJ

No the club next to voodoo in Ft liqourdale

Guest RzO

he was at the setai with your favorite dj EVER, you should've touched him too

was he there that nite? I dont really remember i was too busy smelling my finger... :D

not to mention i was already seeing double by that nite.

Guest RzO
That's not BT in the picture, it's fucking Larry Burkett!

who's Larry Burkett?

Birkhead is what i think he means

anna nicole's baby daddy

but you knew that already John. :)

funny he does kinda look like him. heh