Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Places to watch football?

Guest Floribel

Guest Floribel

Local Miamians... now that football season is upon us... what are the best bars to watch football/college fball games at?

(In the Miami or Miami Beach area only, pls)

Guest macboy

I actually enjoy watching football at Lucky Strike. They have the jumbo screen there along with a few other flat screens surrounding it so you don't have to constantly twist your head around looking for other games.

Quarterdeck on Alton is good. I heard Press Room is good, though I have never been. Avoid places where soccer is more important to the owners, as that will always take precendence.

I used to watch at my friend's place - Finnegans - but they need to upgrade to better TVs.

Guest coach

I highly second the Lucky Strike suggestion. Quarterdeck is okay, but more expensive, less comfortable, and worse service. I do not recommend Press Room (if it is still around) because it is small and cramped (unless you like small and cramped). If you want it outdoors, try Finnegan's on Ocean, it's pretty decent.

Guest RzO

I wondered this as well, we are going to be down there for our birthday weekend, (22-23), and I wondered where I would be able to watch my Gators whip the shit out of ole miss. We are staying on sobe so somewhere there would be cool.

Lucky stike is that bowling alley where the involved thing was during wmc? If so that would be cool to watch it. my thing is in Miami It would need to be at a place that is dedicated to having alot of game son since the gator game that nite will not be a primetime game. I figure as the time gets closer I will figure out where to watch it.

Guest coach

Dude, Lucky strike has more TVs than any sports bar you've ever seen. The only place with more *might* be Gameworks. And, yes, Lucky Strike is the bowling alley on South Beach. Oh, and the service staff is HOT.

Guest macboy

Dude, Lucky strike has more TVs than any sports bar you've ever seen.

Not true. But I still recommend it. BTW, I just saw an ad in 944 that the old Shadow Lounge is now open for MNF this season - I guess they are using the projector?

Guest RzO

cool, lucky strike sounds good, considering it is also in walking distance from our hotel, and i remember the prices there being really cheap at the involved event. Ill just have to call on that day and make sure they will be playing the Gator game.

Floribel, You went to Florida too?

You'll have to come watch the game with us folk that weekend if you are in town! :)

Guest Floribel

cool, lucky strike sounds good, considering it is also in walking distance from our hotel, and i remember the prices there being really cheap at the involved event. Ill just have to call on that day and make sure they will be playing the Gator game.

You'll have to come watch the game with us folk that weekend if you are in town! :)

Yes I went to Florida!!!

I'd actually love to join you guys... none of the friends I hang out with watch college football (or sports for that matter)... last basketball season I had to watch so many Gator games alone at home :( I got rowdy nonetheless, LOL

Guest RzO

i guess nobody's perfect.

listen to this funny guy here. oh btw how is that fsu football team doing? I say 4th in the acc this year. Your still my boy though. i guess. hehe You will be hanging out that day anyway so you will have to come watch some football with us, maybe fsu will win too and we can all be happy before the crazy nite-day.

Floribel, For sure we will get up for that game, we will be there and i don't miss gator games, ever so looks like well figure out the best spot!

Guest Mattivi

i used to go to the irish pub next to crunch and mansion on washington and 13th. they have 25 cent wings and are pretty friendly. parking is a bitch tho. where is lucky strike?

Guest RzO

i used to go to the irish pub next to crunch and mansion on washington and 13th. they have 25 cent wings and are pretty friendly. parking is a bitch tho. where is lucky strike?

its on michigan and 16th i think or close by there. You will have to make it to at least one of our many parties that weekend neil!

Guest Mattivi

its on michigan and 16th i think or close by there. You will have to make it to at least one of our many parties that weekend neil!

are you partying this weekend or next?

Guest RzO

im partying all weekends, its a part of life, but ill be in gainesville next weekend for the tenn game.

our birthday is the 23rd, that will be the bender weekend down there! 8)

Guest Mattivi

im partying all weekends, its a part of life, but ill be in gainesville next weekend for the tenn game.

our birthday is the 23rd, that will be the bender weekend down there! 8)

well rzo, you always tell me you will call when your coming down to party but i never here from ya... keep me posted on your birthday shenanigans ;) ;D

Guest drlogic

Where to watch football?

I prefer my house, on the 50", in HD w/ close friends, good krippy, vodka and/or scotch after a few beers, then dig into a half O of booch, stumble out of the house and wind up @ a butt hut(Scarlets, PinkPony,,wutever??), then eventually some underground Colombian brothel,,,,,wake up w/ a nice case of the drip and obscene hickies in strange places (wait, those aren't hickies..LOL)..............Okay,,i'm done....It's obviously Friday. Drink up..

Cheers!

Guest coach

Dude, Lucky strike has more TVs than any sports bar you've ever seen.

Not true.

Okay, but it's got more TVs than any sports bar *I* have ever seen, especially if they use the screens on the lanes.

So, where is this mythical television-heaven to which you refer?

Guest coach

You're talking about Playwright. It's okay. Smokey as all fuck, though.

Guest Mattivi

they tend to open the doors on sundays, and i never noticed it being that smokey during the games. i didnt know about the other options on the beach tho, might try lucky strike this sunday....but you cant beat .25 cent wings at the playwright, the wings are very meaty and they serve a proper bleu cheese with them also ;D

Guest RzO

they tend to open the doors on sundays, and i never noticed it being that smokey during the games. i didnt know about the other options on the beach tho, might try lucky strike this sunday....but you cant beat .25 cent wings at the playwright, the wings are very meaty and they serve a proper bleu cheese with them also ;D

that sounds like a dope deal, may have to check it just for the wings.

Guest 0crystal0

they serve a proper bleu cheese with them also ;D

And that is what really matters!

never thought of going to Lucky Strike for anything other than bowling. may have to suggest that. i like finnegans for the outside feel once it cools off