Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A Message to ex Senator Craig fr Marc Jacobs

Guest web_norah

Guest web_norah

2007_09_marcjacobsmenswindow.jpg

Marc Jacobs To Right-Wing Closet Cases: The Queen Of Denial Doesn't Live In Egypt

Right out of the gate, the new Marc Jacobs menswear store on Bleecker Street (NYC, of course) is making its presence known. An intrepid tipster sent us these snaps of t-shirts featuring the faces of disgraced Congress member Larry Craig and Evangelical preacher Ted Haggard currently on display in the window of the boutique. Hopefully this is a series, because we'd like to see a Mark Foley top next.

%202007_09_marcjacobsmenswindow2

Guest web_norah

i must be the only one that knows he resigned:

After a week filled with scandalous headlines and ribald late-night TV humor at the expense of one of their own, Republican leaders got what they wanted Saturday: the resignation of Idaho Sen. Larry Craig.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20467347

don't worry Shaun, noone is defending him, he went 'quietly' ....

Guest web_norah

I am still not gay.

Here is what he said:

"I have little control over what people choose to believe, but clearly my name is important to me and my family is so very important also. Having said that, to pursue my legal options, as I continue to serve Idaho, would be an unwanted and unfair distraction of my job and for my Senate colleagues. These are serious times of war and of conflict times that deserve the Senate's and the full nation's attention.

"There are many challenges facing Idaho that I am currently involved in. And the people of Idaho deserve a senator who can devote 100 percent of his time and effort to the critical issues of our state and of our nation.

"Therefore it is with sadness and deep regret that I announce that it is my intent to resign from the Senate, effective September 30. In doing so, I hope to allow a smooth and orderly transition of my loyal staff and for the person appointed to take my place at William E. Borah's desk. I have full confidence that Governor Otter will appoint a successor who will serve Idaho with distinction.

"I apologize to the people of our great state for being unable to serve out a term to which I have been elected. Few people have had the privilege and the pleasure to represent Idaho for as many years as I have. Each day, each week, each year brought new challenges and opportunities to create a better life for Idahoans. I have enjoyed every moment and cannot adequately put into words how much I appreciate what you have given me: the chance to work for this great state. I hope you do not regret the confidence you have placed in me over all of these years. I hope I have served you and our state to the best of my ability.

"Lastly, Suzanne and I have been humbled beyond words by the tremendous outpouring of support we have received from our friends, our family, our staff and fellow Idahoans. We are profoundly and forever grateful. Thank you all very much."

Guest drlogic

FUNNY STUFF!!!! :D

Despite the 9/11-level coverage, Larry Craig is merely accused of "cruising while Republican." There is nothing liberals love more than gay-baiting, which they disguise as an attack on "hypocrisy."

The New York Times ran 15 articles on Craig's guilty plea to "disorderly conduct" in a bathroom. The Washington Post ran 20 articles on Craig. MSNBC covered it like it was the first moon landing -- Three small taps for a man, one giant leap for public gay sex!

But back to the real news of the week: CNN's Dana Bash reported that the Larry Craig story was "everywhere and it is not going to let up."

If liberals were any happier, they'd be gay.

Just as liberals were reaching a fever-pitch of pretend shock and dismay at Larry Craig, it was announced that Craig was resigning. And there went MSNBC's fall program schedule.

Liberals don't even know what they mean by "hypocrite" anymore. It's just a word they throw out in a moment of womanly pique, like "extremist" -- or, come to think of it, "gay." How is Craig a "hypocrite," much less a "blatant hypocrite"?

Assuming the worst about Craig, the Senate has not held a vote on outlawing homosexual impulses. It voted on gay marriage. Craig not only opposes gay marriage, he's in a heterosexual marriage with kids. Talk about walking the walk!

Did Craig propose marriage to the undercover cop? If not, I'm not seeing the "hypocrisy."

And why is it "homophobic" for Senate Republicans to look askance at sex in public bathrooms? Is the Times claiming that sodomy in public bathrooms is the essence of being gay? I thought gays just wanted to get married to one another and settle down in the suburbs so they could visit each other in the hospital.

Liberals have no idea what they think about homosexuality, which is why their arguments are completely contradictory. They gay-bait Republicans with abandon -- and then turn around and complain about homophobia.

Here is what he said:
"Therefore it is with sadness and deep regret that I announce that it is my intent to resign from the Senate, effective September 30.

thus, he hasn't resigned. yet.

Guest web_norah
Here is what he said:
"Therefore it is with sadness and deep regret that I announce that it is my intent to resign from the Senate, effective September 30.

thus, he hasn't resigned. yet.

as of the 30th, big whoop. it still means he is OUT of office.