Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Your Most Memorable Miami Music Moment

Guest DJ Christian

Guest Shadeone

The Freedom event during conference @ The Port of Miami in 1998 I believe it was... Best performance was of the Invisible Scratch Pickles and the chinese woman they had on these huge TV screens doing the most amazing sounds w/ her mouth, while they scratched like Gods. 8) Plus everything else in that party which was just amazing, insane, crazy, and dope all in one. ;D

Guest DJ Nova

The Freedom event during conference @ The Port of Miami in 1998 I believe it was... Best performance was of the Invisible Scratch Pickles and the chinese woman they had on these huge TV screens doing the most amazing sounds w/ her mouth, while they scratched like Gods. 8) Plus everything else in that party which was just amazing, insane, crazy, and dope all in one. ;D

ah how I miss the OLD WOMB days !! that was an AMAZING PARTY!! did I forget to mention this is one of my DJ Highlights :)

There hasn't been a party there since !!! The Screens were part of Mix Master Morris' set ....that was the first time I had seen anyone VJ !!

Guest CROWN-ONE

ah how I miss the OLD WOMB days !! that was an AMAZING PARTY!! did I forget to mention this is one of my DJ Highlights :)

There hasn't been a party there since !!! The Screens were part of Mix Master Morris' set ....that was the first time I had seen anyone VJ !!

Good Call. The shuttle "bus" they had set up to get there was an adventure in itself. ;D

Guest Shadeone

Good Call. The shuttle "bus" they had set up to get there was an adventure in itself. ;D

dude, i walked over the bridge from the metro rail, and that was a true adventure. i met all sorts of people from all places, and ended up hanging with most of them throughout the night, exchanging gifts ;) . that party was awesome! :)

Guest 4040

I would have to says seeing RITM for the first time at the Edge in 93 i believe. No one had any idea what was about to go down. As soon as bunny came out ppl went nutz. The energy was out of this world seeing bunny like on 15 rolls swing from the rafters. Zen 1 and 2 were the best festivals and definitely the freedom party at the port of miami. I remember the visuals and lasers were out of control. That was definitely a kick ass party.

Guest coach

I'm still not sure I understand this thread. By "proudest" do you mean "most enjoyable"? I mean, isn't everyone just posting about when they went out and got smashed?

I'm still not sure I understand this thread. By "proudest" do you mean "most enjoyable"? I mean, isn't everyone just posting about when they went out and got smashed?

that threw me as well. i was going to post the story about playing the recorder in my 4th grade Christmas pageant but then i saw he was asking about "DJ moments".

that threw me as well. i was going to post the story about playing the recorder in my 4th grade Christmas pageant but then i saw he was asking about "DJ moments".

did you ever play the sticks?

the sticks were great! the spoons were better...

and ryan we both know what our proudest musical moment in Miami was! ha :D

Guest speedway

U2 Joshua Tree tour 1988, Orange Bowl

Grateful Dead Miami Arena 1989 (Dark Star)

Rave at Shelborne, 1993 (?)

Many nights in Groove Jet heyday

Many Sundays at old patio

Sander K. at Space patio during WMC, 2004

and many more...

Guest Major

Chemical Brothers Live at Zen Festival 1999 held in Miami's Coconut Grove Convention Center. We were near the stage looking back at 1000's ravers going absolutely mad.

unfortunately, no. but i did get to play the vibraslap once, which was very enjoyable.

Guest DJ Christian

unfortunately, no. but i did get to play the vibraslap once, which was very enjoyable.

yeah i was hoping it was more like everyone sharing that time when they were spinning and it all just gelled and they walked away from the decks on a cloud... but i think there are a lot of fans here so i guess i left it open to experiences as a patron that were mind-blowing...

4th grade recorders have a place here

Guest DJ Nova

yeah i was hoping it was more like everyone sharing that time when they were spinning and it all just gelled and they walked away from the decks on a cloud... but i think there are a lot of fans here so i guess i left it open to experiences as a patron that were mind-blowing...

4th grade recorders have a place here

I just mentioned moments in Miami that were dope to me !

Not as a DJ ..but as a fan of music, proud DJ moments in Miami or elsewhere for that matter...you can find on my bio :) That RITM show in '93 was sick also on that bill were plastikman (aka Richie Hawtin) and Space Time Continuum with Jonah Sharp.....By FAR ONE OF THE SICKEST parties I've ever been to! $7 cover charge

:o

It's these type of parties that inspire me to keep throwing parties and ...in this model.

Guest Shadeone

U2 Joshua Tree tour 1988, Orange Bowl

Grateful Dead Miami Arena 1989 (Dark Star)

Rave at Shelborne, 1993 (?)

Many nights in Groove Jet heyday

Many Sundays at old patio

Sander K. at Space patio during WMC, 2004

and many more...

Rave at Shelborne, 1993 (?) New years Eve w/ Deelite Live? If so, yes also an awesome jam!

Guest Clubhopper11

Chemical Brothers at 1999 Zen festival. Remembering seeing them and then going over to the next big stage and catching John Digweed spinning Der Dritte Raum's "Hale Bopp".....great memories!!!

I don't think anything can top that moment in my head.

Guest Juniper

Chems were my 1st 'live' electronic anything I witnessed, '99 at the Paramount Theater in Seattle Tuesday 13th July

I seem to recall I wasnt terribly impressed o.-

Well, at the time, they were experiencing their first wave of mainstream MTV popularity. I saw them live at Zen Fest in 1999 like a lot of others on here. Now, it wasn't a bad show, but there definitely was a mainstream "let's do drugs" crowd there, which made the music kids pissy. I just wandered around and watched the thing unfold.

Me and my crew were club rats at the time (still are), but Zen was one of the first big dance music fests we saw in South Florida.

Guest eroc0411

haha this shit had me rolling 4 a good minute!!! i hated that fucking recorder!!!

ummm mine was erick morillo at mansion last aug... brought me back 2 edm music!!!!!! been partying ever since!

Guest djjoncowan

Chemical Brothers Live at Zen Festival 1999 held in Miami's Coconut Grove Convention Center. We were near the stage looking back at 1000's ravers going absolutely mad.

LOL - john digweed, jimmy van M, and myself had our own room - the "bedrock room" - we played all night - wacked sound by wicked party all the same... john rocked it proper that night and was an honor and pleasure to share the stage and then tag with those boys.. what a night

another top moment was jimmy van m and I playing a tag set from open to close at groovejet... those were the days... wish we recorded some more of it....

Guest tekniQz

To me there are many but these are the ones that stick out.

Everytime Morillo comes to the terrace inside WMC and outside.You cant beat the dirty girls and dirty music that Morillo brings.His Febuary Marathon was unbelievable,as he is to me everytime.Also i think it was 05 but the year when Morillo came the night before WMC on a Sunday Morning just for afterhours and layed down the hardest, dirtiest tech house sets that i've ever herd,to this day i cant believe how techy he was going,really rediculious.

Also Morillo closing Crobar party where he spun with the lights on and went past the beaches curfew.Love Morillo's sound you know when Morillo's on the decks.

Sander on the terrace 03,04,05,06 MASSIVE.As well as Sander on the terrace just before the remodeling,when Pete Tong came on and spun for 30 minutes with roland.Stayed till 3 o'clock,was a Sander believer after that night.

The last 3 Burridge Barrages.Just the most twisted sounds that you can even think of and the music is always way ahead of its time.

Burridge @Twilo great set and it was on my Birthday and Lee got me and all my friends in on his list and the door guy asked if we had picked Lee up at the airport just to cus Lee wanted to fuck with me because i was the only person on his list. (Everyone should have seen Rizzo's face,classic panic out of Rizzo)lol One of my funniest clubbing moments as well as one of the sickest sets i've seen outside of WMC.

Sunday School For Degenerates!!!!For one of the craziest parties hands down Massive!!!!Bill Patrick,Steve Bug,Magda,and my Boy Konrad Black!!!.lol Burridge running around dancing wth everyone!!Loved that party.

George Acosta/Edgar V @Shadow Lounge really opened me up to good trance.

Howells/Wink party on Holloweeeeeen @Space.

4th of July a couple years ago when Dubfire spun the terrace.The set wasnt that great but i just remember the vibe being off the charts and Greg the bartender destroying me beyond belief.

Boris/Sanchez @Space 2 years ago.Boris actually owned Sanchez that night but Sanchez was still fun.

Boris at Nocturnal the 2nd time he came.

Mauro Picotto @Space WMC 04,05 and also in 04 when he came during the year and killed it.

Seb Fontaine @Crobar a couple months before they closed with Erick Morillo.

Just a few.

lol