Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GRAPHIC IMAGE that demonstrate spiritual power

Guest trancepriest

Guest drlogic

:-X

wow..u just fuct me up TP....

I've experience this.....not me, but someone commited suicide in front of me one day by dousing himself in gas and lighting himself up....I couldn't turn him off. he kept reigniting. it's was awful! He died!

I'll never forget the smell or his melted face!

:-X :-X :-X

Guest trancepriest

Maybe, maybe not. Where's the proof that he wasn't doped up to the gills?

It was actually seven buddhist monks. You are correct he could have been a crackhead buddhist monk. Albeit I don't think even a crackhead could burn themselves to death without flinching.

Rage-Against-The-Machine---Burning-Monk-Poster-C10291118.jpeg

Could have been on any combination of broad-spectrum narcotics available at the time. He would have just needed to have been coherent enough to walk.

Guest trancepriest

Could have been on any combination of broad-spectrum narcotics available at the time. He would have just needed to have been coherent enough to walk.

Once again it was seven buddhist monks. What kind of drug can make someone coherent enough to walk and then to maintain the lotus position while burning themselves to death without any sign of pain?

Where science is concerned, I've learned to never say never.

What we call "faith" can be explained on a scientific level. It might take awhile and bore you to death, but it can be explained.

Guest coach

There wasn't necessarily anything "spiritual" about it. Meditation techniques have been said to allow people to ignore pain to a great degree.

Guest trancepriest

There wasn't necessarily anything "spiritual" about it. Meditation techniques have been said to allow people to ignore pain to a great degree.

I wasn't talking about ghosts, demons or angels.

spiritual adjective 1 your spiritual self nonmaterial, incorporeal, intangible; inner, mental, psychological; transcendent, ethereal, otherworldly, mystic, mystical, metaphysical; rare extramundane. antonym physical.

Guest trancepriest

i don't know about you guys, but i'm looking forward to bbq-ing this weekend.

"I may shock some by saying 'I would beat such provocateurs ten times more if they wore monks robes,' and 'I would clap hands at seeing another monk barbecue show, for one can not be responsible for the madness of others.'"

--- Madame Ngo Dinh Nhu

Guest coach

I wasn't talking about ghosts, demons or angels.

spiritual adjective 1 your spiritual self nonmaterial, incorporeal, intangible; inner, mental, psychological; transcendent, ethereal, otherworldly, mystic, mystical, metaphysical; rare extramundane. antonym physical.

"Uh, what?"

Guest MrBojangles

Am I the only one who thinks that showing you can burn to death without flinching is not really good enough of a reason to actually go ahead and burn yourself to death?

Whether it is possible or not is irrelevant to me, whether it is stupid or not hits right at home though.

Guest trancepriest

Am I the only one who thinks that showing you can burn to death without flinching is not really good enough of a reason to actually go ahead and burn yourself to death?

Whether it is possible or not is irrelevant to me, whether it is stupid or not hits right at home though.

Did you read the link? The buddhist monks burnt themselves to death in an act of protest against the South Vietnamese government.

"Thích Quang Ãuc was protesting the persecution of Buddhism by South Vietnam's Ngô Dình Diem administration."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thich_Quang_Duc

Guest MrBojangles

It may appear ignorant of me to think that this would still not be worth it, but killing yourself for any reason strikes me as ignorant.

It brought the spotlight on a crisis and helped to bring down the already falling Diem regime, which is good. I just would not have taken the same route towards getting attention is all. but I have never been in that situation, so to each their own.

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

You're more effective and useful alive than dead. Usually. I would think good people like monks would be in the former category. A scumbag like Pol Pot, Castro, Guevara, etc...more useful dead.

Guest MrBojangles

You're more effective and useful alive than dead. Usually. I would think good people like monks would be in the former category. A scumbag like Pol Pot, Castro, Guevara, etc...more useful dead.

agreed

Guest trancepriest

agreed

I don't agree. The ability to peacefully relinquish ones life for others is something we all hold in high regards. It's the ultimate act of unselfishness. In the military this is bravery, courage, strength & honor. I admire the monks transcendence.

Out and out suicide outside of a battle, well I don't really jive with that. I mean, if I was to jump on a grenade for the sake of the safety of my unit, yeah, that's bravery. Torching yourself to prove a point, well, that's just being irrational.

Guest trancepriest

Out and out suicide outside of a battle, well I don't really jive with that. I mean, if I was to jump on a grenade for the sake of the safety of my unit, yeah, that's bravery. Torching yourself to prove a point, well, that's just being irrational.

How do you define battle? Because i'm sure the monks were battling... lol.