Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dayum This Is Why I Love Miami

Guest coach

Guest coach

So, finally had a free weekend with no real plans. Last night we started at Doraku for some free, yummy sushi and 2x1 drinks. Others may disagree, but I think their food is quality and their drinks are good. Plus, the cheapness don't hurt. The place was slammed with plenty of eye-candy around.

Didn't know what we were going to do later, so I started texting around and found out everyone was going to Pawn Shop to see Satan, Soozin, & Steph spin. I didn't even know they were up last night, that was sweet info.

Went over to the Carnival Center to see the International Ballet Festival that we had bought tickets for ages ago. It was excellent. A couple of weak performances, but all in all some really quality dancing.

From there we wandered literally right across the street to Pawn Shop. We were there a little early. BIG up to Rolly for taking care of us. One of the nicest guys you will ever want to meet. Thanks, man.

So, we're chillin' for a bit while they get the sound set up. Said hey to Satan & Soozin, great to see you guys. Around 11 they open the back doors and it's like a fucking flood. The "patio" gets slammed instantly.

And then our peeps start showing up. One of the largest collections of CJ/Pers I've seen in a long time. And some folks we hadn't seen in a loooooong while. Callouts, in chronological order, go to Pat, Hans, Andrea, April, Ryan, Sarah, Talmage, Sebastian, Kat, Leo, Tony, Shannon, Miriam, Diaga, and Andrew Chibale. If I missed anyone, we'll blame it on the drinks. Good seeing you all.

So, while they were having "High School Musical the Unrated Version" inside, we were all chillin', chattin', and listening to some GREAT music!

So, to sum up, free sushi, ballet, great music with friends, that's what an awesome fucking Friday is made of!

It's CJers. No P.

Doraku still sucks and it's a miracle you guys made it across the Causeway of Dread.

Probably cause Customs Enforcement was out of town. I'm closing the gate when I get home tonight.

My night was great. I slept for 14 hours. I'm doing my show today and coming home to drink. And I think Gino agreed to provide the music.

The past few weeks I've been lucky to get 4 hours a night if that.

My night was great. I slept for 14 hours. I'm doing my show today out of town and coming home to drink. And I think Gino agreed to provide the music when I get home.

The past few weeks I've been lucky to get 4 hours a night if that.

Guest Devilicious

I can't believe that happy hour at Doraku is still going, it's been happening for years! Gotta get back over there.

Last night was awesome, great tunes and so nice seeing everyone. Many thanks to Eddy G, BEK and of course Roland. All three are excellent hosts!

Guest Satan

So, finally had a free weekend with no real plans. Last night we started at Doraku for some free, yummy sushi and 2x1 drinks. Others may disagree, but I think their food is quality and their drinks are good. Plus, the cheapness don't hurt. The place was slammed with plenty of eye-candy around.

Didn't know what we were going to do later, so I started texting around and found out everyone was going to Pawn Shop to see Satan, Soozin, & Steph spin. I didn't even know they were up last night, that was sweet info.

Went over to the Carnival Center to see the International Ballet Festival that we had bought tickets for ages ago. It was excellent. A couple of weak performances, but all in all some really quality dancing.

From there we wandered literally right across the street to Pawn Shop. We were there a little early. BIG up to Rolly for taking care of us. One of the nicest guys you will ever want to meet. Thanks, man.

So, we're chillin' for a bit while they get the sound set up. Said hey to Satan & Soozin, great to see you guys. Around 11 they open the back doors and it's like a fucking flood. The "patio" gets slammed instantly.

And then our peeps start showing up. One of the largest collections of CJ/Pers I've seen in a long time. And some folks we hadn't seen in a loooooong while. Callouts, in chronological order, go to Pat, Hans, Andrea, April, Ryan, Sarah, Talmage, Sebastian, Kat, Leo, Tony, Shannon, Miriam, Diaga, and Andrew Chibale. If I missed anyone, we'll blame it on the drinks. Good seeing you all.

So, while they were having "High School Musical the Unrated Version" inside, we were all chillin', chattin', and listening to some GREAT music!

So, to sum up, free sushi, ballet, great music with friends, that's what an awesome fucking Friday is made of!

Many thanks coach....we had a blast as well, it was great to see that kind of turnout!! ;D

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

Ive got you a special "burra" whistle. Its inaudible to humans but your burra will come running.

LMAO!! .......

Oh the sweet nectar of Burra........

Guest coach

Free sushi at Doraku....how? Please give me details.

Every single Friday, happy hour. They have a free sushi bar and 2 for 1 drinks. Some people think the food isn't good, I happen to like it a lot.

It's debatable quality. I'm a sushi freak and it's passable, though varies the times I've been there. Plus it's too crowded and noisy for proper sushi consumption. I don't want to have to shout over a mix CD while eating. ;D

I'm low-class, so I'm addicted to Sushi Rock beachside, and I'm addicted to Sushi Siam, my side.

Sushi Rock rules since the decor is 80s, and not faux-Japan.

Guest coach

Sushi Siam is low class? I've not been, but it looks nice enough. Sushi Rock didn't impress me the time I went, but I know plenty of people like it.

Not like über-low-class, but not exactly Doraku. I'm more about bang-for-the-buck than looking good in case the pap walk by and need to boldface my name in the Sunpost, Six Degrees, or whatever birdcage liner the cool kids read these days.

Guest 4040

I'm low-class, so I'm addicted to Sushi Rock beachside, and I'm addicted to Sushi Siam, my side.

Sushi Rock rules since the decor is 80s, and not faux-Japan.

I would have to agree with you Pod. When beachside i always go to sushi rock. It's a time warp into the 80's and you don't have to deal with the bs prices and elitist.

Guest coach

Hmmm... I thought Sushi Rock was overpriced. I've only been once, but it seemed like it was more expensive than Doraku. Maybe I am misremembering?