Clubplanet Nightlife Community

This Saturday "The Mix Reunion" at a Private Location!

Guest miamihouse

Yes, indeed....for those who experienced The Mix, we are inviting our Mix friends to a private party at a private residence this Saturday Sept. 22nd!!!

In the Mix with David Padilla plus several invited guest DJ's including DJ Armand S. & DJ David Solero plus more to be announced!

For those who know David Padilla personally E-mail for details to this Top Secret event and the location which begins at 8pm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bikini's and bathing suits allowed in the Pool!!!!!!

the password is "new england clam chowder".

Guest james stratus

Anyone remember the "Crack" room... I mean the back room there? I saw some crazy shit in there I must say :P Great venue, and I'm sorry Mr Padilla for that incident back in 1998.

Guest speedway

Great memories. The Mix was indeed the pre-curser to the Space afterhours scene, but certainly was a much smaller scene. more intimate scene than what we have today after 5 am.

I recall another afterhours club somewhere up in West Palm that I was dragged to once and a few late-night sketchy spots like Casey's in Hallandale and one way down in south dade. But for the most part if you wanted to keep the party going after 5 am - the Mix was the spot.

I recall the Deuce having the ability to open up in the morning, thus allowing for cocktails at the Deuce following the party at the Mix.

Anyway, great to see the memory is living on - my only question about the reunion is whether there will be a "morning" session to the party. A "Mix" party starting at 8 pm just doesn't seem right. But then again, I guess we all grow old.

The Deuce opens at 8 AM. The "dry time" on South Beach is 5 AM - 8 AM.

So yeah, you could scurry out the back door of The Mix at 8 AM and go get a drink at the Deuce.

Our typical pattern was to dip from The Mix around 10 or so and stop at The Deuce for a few rounds before heading on home, which at the time for me as in the Gables. There's something to be said for drinking with the real drunks at the Deuce.

Hard to believe it's been over seven years since that place closed. Sure, it lasted for three scant years, but I'd dare to say it did have a marked effect on the Miami dance music scene. From my perspective it did really break some new sounds into Miami, along with places like Shadow Lounge and Groove Jet. And, like afterhours at Space today, it was the "great equalizer". You got the music crowds from Shadow Lounge and Groove Jet coming over, and you got people from the class venues like Liquid, Bar Room, and (in the last year) crobar, which was "the" club to get into when it first opened. Hence, "The Mix" I guess.

Guest JustDade

The Mix was a great place. It was everything an after-hours was supposed to be......dark and underground. They didn't need the booze because most people were off their heads anyway. AND....David Padilla was simply amazing in there.

I'm not sure about the idea of a Mix reunion in a private home. It seems a little too civil for the true Mix vibe but who knows....

Guest myles hie

AND....David Padilla was simply amazing in there.

+1 Wasnt a huge fan of Padilla's, but in that room with that crowd and vibe it was Cinderella and the glass slipper.

Guest bUnit

No Way!!!

The Mix!!! Where all the "Pookie Headz" go to hand.

Remember that door check, the blonde one. One night she looks good, the next she was a train wreck. Also, there was that one dude... He had long hair. Always runnig around the club. I think he was a manager there.

How about "Gio"? He is the person who made the club happen.

David used blow me up night after night!!!!

Guest armand1210

Just a thank you to those who came out...night was a blast, Dave played till 5am. Also there was another original Mix dj Ariel Baund, who banged it out proper ! Good time.