Clubplanet Nightlife Community

2008 Democratic National Convention Agenda

Guest obby

Guest obby

*JUST RELEASED:*

*2008 Democratic National Convention Agenda*

7:00 pm - Opening flag burning

7:15 pm - Pledge of Allegiance to the U.N.

7:20 pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

7:25 pm - Nonreligious prayer and worship with Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton

7:45 pm - Ceremonial tree hugging

7:55 pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

8:00 pm - How I Invented the Internet - Al Gore

8:15 pm - Gay Wedding - Barney Frank presiding

8:35 pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

8:40 pm - Our Troops are War Criminals - John Kerry

9.00 pm - Memorial service for Saddam and his sons - Cindy Sheehan and Susan Sarandon

10:00 pm - 'Answering Machine Etiquette' - Alec Baldwin

11:00 pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

11:05 pm - Collection for the Osama Bin Laden kidney transplant fund - Barbra Streisand

11:15 pm - Free the Freedom Fighters from Guantanamo Bay - Sean Penn

11:30 pm - Oval Office Affairs - William Jefferson Clinton

11:45 pm - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

11:50 pm - How George Bush Brought Down the World Trade Towers - Howard Dean

12:15 am - 'Truth in Broadcasting Award' - Presented to Dan Rather by Michael Moore

12:25 am - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

12:30 am - Satellite address by Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

12:45 am - Nomination of Hillary Rodham Clinton by Nancy Pelosi

1:00 am - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

1:05 am - Coronation of Hillary Rodham Clinton

1:30 am - Ted Kennedy proposes a toast

1:35 am - Bill Clinton asks Ted to drive Hillary home*

Guest coach

Thank you for that excellent depiction of our "law enforcement" in action. Now nobody can blame me for my low opinion of them.

If Kerry had an ounce of ass in him, he'd have stepped in and told those thugs to lay off the kid.

Guest slamminshaun

Thank you for that excellent depiction of our "law enforcement" in action. Now nobody can blame me for my low opinion of them.

If Kerry had an ounce of ass in him, he'd have stepped in and told those thugs to lay off the kid.

The tasing was bullshit. The rest of it was completely justified from the full story I've read.

You know me, I think more people need to be tased, but in this case it did seem a little excessive. It will make proper taser use harder to justify in the future.

Guest coach

If Kerry had an ounce of ass in him' date=' he'd have stepped in and told those thugs to lay off the kid.

[/quote']

The tasing was bullshit. The rest of it was completely justified from the full story I've read.

Yeah, the vid missed the build up of why they dogged him. All you saw was one silly question, which Kerry was actually willing to answer, so it couldn't have been so horrible. Do you have a link?

Guest slamminshaun

Yeah, the vid missed the build up of why they dogged him. All you saw was one silly question, which Kerry was actually willing to answer, so it couldn't have been so horrible. Do you have a link?

He was acting like a real asshole and made a spectacle of himself. I remember these liberal arts weenies from my college days. Always walking around like pompous academic pricks, like the world owes them something!

You can't hide behind "free speech" and use it to be a disrespectful prick to a Senator. He went up there and asked 4 questions without letting Kerry respond to the first one He talked about blow jobs and shit that had no relevance to anything....the deal was, you get ONE question....he asked FOUR and proceeded to ramble on and on and on and purposely drew attention to himself in a public assembly.

Unfortunately, the media will only show you the taser part....he'll have a job as editor-in-chief next week at MoveOn.org.

try this link, it's better than the video below

TIYTJ75U4NU

Guest coach
You can't hide behind "free speech" and use it to be a disrespectful prick to a Senator.

Uh... what? I don't know what country you live in' date=' bub, but I live in America. In America we don't have royalty. Free Speech was put in by our founders *specifically* so you could tell the elected officials that they were dumb fucks. I mean, if nobody says anything controversial, then you don't really need a whole amendment to cover it.

He went up there and asked 4 questions without letting Kerry respond to the first one He talked about blow jobs and shit that had no relevance to anything....the deal was, you get ONE question....he asked FOUR and proceeded to ramble on and on and on and purposely drew attention to himself in a public assembly.

Yeah, dropping a beatdown is a good way to deal with a guy who doesn't procedural decorum. Good thing he wasn't chewing gum, they probably would have pulled out the tonfas on him and really given him a good beating.

Unfortunately, the media will only show you the taser part....

If this is true, how did you learn the whole story?

Guest coach

Watched the longer version. From what I can tell, he is implying that Kerry was in collusion with Bush to throw the election. Is that what anyone else is getting out of it?

Guest slamminshaun

I honestly can't tell what he's getting at because he never gets to the point. He talks down to Kerry, demands he read the book, talks about the election, talks about blowjobs, talks about impeaching Bush, Skull & Crossbones, Yale University, talks about Iraq.....they politely ask him to ask his question, and he says "i'm going to inform everyone and then ask, he's been talking 2 hours".....it's a train wreck!

I learned the whole story by going to blogs and alternative media, and quite frankly, watching the video myself...start to finish, not just clips from the end. Don't expect big media to report it this way.

Free speech does not give you the right to monopolize the microphone, never get to the point, and start screaming and flailing around if they cut your mic off. He had plenty of time to talk and he wouldn't shut up. You see the way he's acting in the video! Sorry, that's a public disturbance, not free speech....he deserved arrest. He went there specifically to draw attention to himself and create a disturbance, not exercise free speech....you can even see it in his body language before he starts talking.

The police stepped over the line, but I think students should police themselves and give him an old fashioned beatdown for embarrassing the school. These "loose change" MoveOn.org types get on my nerves. It's funny he's a journalism student....so fitting. He certainly has a news career waiting for him.

I'm just so happy the kid was white.....otherwise.....

this is ridiculous and the cops are idiots. I had gone to many a speeches in that same hall when i was at UF, and ive seen far worse than that. People are going nuts in g-ville right now over this, its making national headlines obviously. I dont care what that kid SAYS, emphasis on that word, anyone can talk and say what they want, no need to resort to violence, another case of the cops thinking they can use their power in dubious manners once again. Thing is this sucks for my school and now we have to deal with these headlines, unless indeed the whole all publicity is good publicity precedes.

oh and Shaun, i did work for moveon.org, when i was in school at UF, a couple professors there were involved with the site.

im glad u like the site so much, its one of my faves! ;D

and i pm'd u about this weekend. 8)

after being at the game this past weekend i think this thread deserves the obligatory GO GATORS! :)

this is ridiculous and the cops are idiots. I had gone to many a speeches in that same hall when i was at UF, and ive seen far worse than that. People are going nuts in g-ville right now over this, its making national headlines obviously. I dont care what that kid SAYS, emphasis on that word, anyone can talk and say what they want, no need to resort to violence, another case of the cops thinking they can use their power in dubious manners once again. Thing is this sucks for my school and now we have to deal with these headlines, unless indeed the whole all publicity is good publicity precedes.

oh and Shaun, i did work for moveon.org, when i was in school at UF, a couple professors there were involved with the site.

after being at the game this past weekend i think this thread deserves the obligatory GO GATORS! :)

you need a taserin' too, buddy

In my mind there's very few people in "public service" right now that deserve any respect. If I saw a pol on the street, I'd either ignore him or her, or perhaps indulge myself and kick them square in the nuts.

That being said, there's ways of getting your viewpoint across in a public forum run by "them". You have to analyze the situation and the layout, and then couch your thoughts accordingly.

Just because you sucked enough dick and took it up the ass from x amount of lobbyists doesn't accord you any respect from me. I'll probably just call you a homo and laugh. Unless you really are a homo and comfortable with it. Then I'll call you a sellout.

Heheh. I said homo.

indeed i probably do, you got one?

Guest slamminshaun

indeed i probably do, you got one?

We're both gonna get tasered Sunday morning! ;D

Guest coach
He talks down to Kerry

You talk bad about Kerry and any number of politicos? Should we taser you? So what if he wants to make a scene' date=' are you telling me that's a crime in America now?

demands he read the book,

Note that Kerry said he not only had the book, but had read it.

I don't particularly like Kerry, but he was handling it pretty well as far as I could tell. The cops crossed way over the fucking line.

Guest slamminshaun

You talk bad about Kerry and any number of politicos? Should we taser you? So what if he wants to make a scene, are you telling me that's a crime in America now?

I never said he couldn't talk bad about the guy. You would never catch me talking TO a Senator the way this punk did. And yes, the spectacle he made of himself IS a crime in America. It went way beyond free speech....it qualifies as a public disturbance of a peaceful assembly.

Note that Kerry said he not only had the book, but had read it.

I don't particularly like Kerry, but he was handling it pretty well as far as I could tell. The cops crossed way over the fucking line.

Right, and Kerry had to force the answer down the kid's throat. He wasn't expecting that Kerry had heard of the book, let alone read it. Instead of that being the end, the kid goes on to give a fuckin' book report about it. He goes on and on and on and on and on.....never making a point and firing off questions without giving Kerry a chance to respond to any of them.

Look at me, sticking up for a no-good, slimy liberal like Kerry...but what's right is right, and Senators deserve respect if you decide you want to exercise your free speech rights in a public forum.. Like I said before, THANK GOD this kid was white!

read this UPDATED article and decide for yourself