Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Miami (Beach) Ties for Most expensive Zip Code !?!

B-SIDE1414779017

Rank City ZIP code

1 (tie)

Alpine, N.J. 07620

Miami Beach, Fla. 33109

3 Rancho Santa Fe, Calif. 92067

4 Glenbrook, Nev. 89413

5 Amagansett, N.Y. 11930

No Bev Hills at all , LOL

http://realestate.msn.com/Buying/Article_forbes.aspx?cp-documentid=5429876

So when do we get another TV show about Miami?

one that's really shot down here, about here, and not a reality crap show ???

Miami Beach, not Miami.

Miami is still pretty expensive though.

And yes, we need a decent TV show shot here. CSI doesn't count, and the countless bullshit reality ones don't either.

Miami Vice set the standard, we need another one in a similar vein.

Cops tasering people up and down Washington Avenue would get my undivided attention.

isn't Dexter set in Miami?

Set, but filmed sporadically. Exteriors and other miscellaneous debris.

The Miami show in my head shows the real dirty side of Miami. I'd film as much in Overtown as I would in South Beach. And even on the Beach, I'd find the dirty parts.

Oddly enough there was something going down at the Guat store across the way from the HQ just now. Our web designer was getting some coffee, and three UCs came in, guns drawn, looking for someone. Instead of screaming, most people just looked on to see what was up.

Guest ramon

isn't Dexter set in Miami?

Set, but filmed sporadically. Exteriors and other miscellaneous debris.

The Miami show in my head shows the real dirty side of Miami. I'd film as much in Overtown as I would in South Beach. And even on the Beach, I'd find the dirty parts.

Oddly enough there was something going down at the Guat store across the way from the HQ just now. Our web designer was getting some coffee, and three UCs came in, guns drawn, looking for someone. Instead of screaming, most people just looked on to see what was up.

Watch a hip hop video if you want OT.

You know what I mean. Of course it'd have to be a crime drama, but I wouldn't jazz it up for network TV. Miami Vice had it right, the HQ was beat to shit, the locations weren't jazzed up too much, and it relied more on the people and the situation, than in clever set design and using Long Beach in lieu of South Beach.

There'd be dramatic elements, yeah, but mostly in the action and level of crime.

Think "The Shield" with elements of Miami Vice thrown in, and my own twisted brand of violence.

Guat Store = the store run by Guatemalans.

I know I know, some of the liberals might get offended, but it's what it's called and the name stuck.

But anyway, it was kinda real Miami-ish when the UCs came in, guns drawn.

FYI, the zip code, 33109, is Fisher Island. Part of Miami Beach, yes. But a small, rich little island by itself.

yeah i was gonna say....where the hell is that?? 33139 is miami beach

Fischer Island is like Jupiter Island or Manalapan. Very very expensive property in a tiny area. FI is a little better off considering that there are mostly condos there. 5 years ago a 400sf "condo" was half a million. Not to mention the $250K a year membership or something outrageous.

Guest Stealth

FYI, the zip code, 33109, is Fisher Island. Part of Miami Beach, yes. But a small, rich little island by itself.

yeah i was gonna say....where the hell is that?? 33139 is miami beach

33139 is South Beach. 33140 is Miami Beach

Guest coach

Oh, hell, that makes way more sense.

Even at that, I could understand Miami/South Beach. Worth every penny, in my opinion. But Alpine, NJ? Where the fuck is that?

Alpine NJ is right along the west bank of the Hudson River, facing New York City. Big money lives there. Legal money, not drug money like Miami.

No condos, just huge-ass homes.

Is the Beach worth every penny? Depends on your perspective. It's expensive due to supply and demand, but there's a lot of bullshit fees and so forth that need to be done away with, pronto. I like having offices there, but I'm glad I don't live there, I'd be broke.

Adult entertainment isn't "legit"?

Most of them have better gear than half the "real" studios out there now :).

Seriously, there's an assload and a half of adult film making going on down here.

But I know what you mean.

Half of it has to do with the whole union system with actors and such. It costs quite a bit to have them out here.

That being said, the best hope for our local film and TV industry comes from our locals.

If I ever have time, I might flesh out my show concept a bit.

Guest Beezzwax

OH yeah and zip codes don't really mean shit. Did anyone know that the new shoe department that takes up a whole floor at Saks has its own zip code?

http://thetrendsetter.wordpress.com/2007/08/17/saks-shoe-department-recieves-its-own-zip-code/

omg, this shit is hillarious!!!! I mean, at least you'll know where to find your girls or wives when their lost....lol ;D

And Yes, Dexter is a really good show....

Guest eroc0411

there building a studios in west palm... as well an an entertainment center in midtown.

isn't the new show CANE based in miami... Burn notice is pretty good it's based and filmed in miami.. they were filming outside my building yesterday... What i dont understand is y there's no comedies based in miami...

Even Burn Notice is a little glammed up.

The show in my head is the 'real' Miami. I'm talking the ugly side of the pretty, when they kick people out of the clubs on Washington at 5 AM. Show people how dirty Miami is and maybe they won't be so inclined to move here.

Guest eroc0411

uhhh pod if anything ur gonna need more glamor on tv... watch the news right now on cbs... Developers r having auctions 2 get rid of the condos... NOT selling at all!

Yeah, and I'm laughing my ass off. I live in the same area as you (I think?) and it doesn't surprise me one bit that these brain-dead developers are having to stoop to unload their vacant properties.

Uncontrolled and unchecked growth led to this. That simple. They're gonna have to make them (gasp!) rental properties to survive.