Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Forums Still Not Working Right?

Guest coach

Guest coach

Hey ya'll, I'm not sure if you are still tweaking them or what, but I wanted to let you know that there is still something wonky with the new forums, specifically the "unread post" function. When I navigate around the site using the headings above the threads, just below the ad banner, the ones that look like this:

CoolJunkie Nightlife Forums > CoolJunkie Cities > Miami Junkies

When I click on those, it does not refresh which posts/threads I have read and which I have not. It also does not refresh the last poster. If I then use my F5 forced refresh, it often, though not always, just marks all threads read, though it will update the last poster.

I use Windows XP Pro and surf with Opera. These functions worked fine in the old forum software, so I know it is not an issue on my end. Anyway, not bitching or bashing, just wanted to let you know there is still something messed up.

Oh, also just remembered that the "take me to newest unread post" button does not work right. It often takes me to posts that I have already seen. And sometimes takes me past posts that I have not seen.

Hey ya'll, I'm not sure if you are still tweaking them or what, but I wanted to let you know that there is still something wonky with the new forums, specifically the "unread post" function. When I navigate around the site using the headings above the threads, just below the ad banner, the ones that look like this:

CoolJunkie Nightlife Forums > CoolJunkie Cities > Miami Junkies

When I click on those, it does not refresh which posts/threads I have read and which I have not. It also does not refresh the last poster. If I then use my F5 forced refresh, it often, though not always, just marks all threads read, though it will update the last poster.

I use Windows XP Pro and surf with Opera. These functions worked fine in the old forum software, so I know it is not an issue on my end. Anyway, not bitching or bashing, just wanted to let you know there is still something messed up.

Oh, also just remembered that the "take me to newest unread post" button does not work right. It often takes me to posts that I have already seen. And sometimes takes me past posts that I have not seen.

sounds like an operator error

Guest mr.miami

get used to it. I have the same problems on other websites that use this program. It will not mark read threads as being read sometimes and even when you click on the go to last post things it doesnt work all the time either.

Guest talknightlife

Uh for the record I never would have optimized CoolJunkie for Internet Explorer instead of a modern browser like Opera if I'd had anything to do with any of this. I'm very sorry that all of this is happening guys, but it's out of my hands. All we can do is collect bug reports and hope that somebody fixes them.

Bug report: signatures don't seem to work anywhere. In forums or in PMs. Is that because I'm using Safari and not the Microsoft Internet Explorer? They work when you a preview a message but that's it.

Guest coach
Bug report: signatures don't seem to work anywhere. In forums or in PMs. Is that because I'm using Safari and not the Microsoft Internet Explorer? They work when you a preview a message but that's it.

I can see signatures.