Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Hospitals: Go in sick, get even sicker.

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

drug-resistant infections are on the rise and deaths from them have surpassed AIDS.

Hospitals and Superbugs: Go in Sick... Get Sicker

October 18, 2007

Nearly 100,000 people die every year from bugs that they pick up in health care facilities; experts say most of these infections are preventable

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?chanID=sa004&articleID=B4E46FB1-B5D9-666F-8A1A68FD9C5D57F5

staphonleg.jpg

Guest Buck White

I think "disease engineering" falls under the conspiracy theory umbrella. But listen....I don't want to fight about it.

Guest JMT
I think "disease engineering" falls under the conspiracy theory umbrella. But listen....I don't want to fight about it.

you must have read a different article.

Guest macboy

I am constantly worried about my wife, as she is a nurse. Obviously, the patients are more susceptible because they are there around the clock. But everyone is at risk in the hospital.

Guest Buck White
Why? 'Cause its "Stop your Whining" Friday?

Uh, no. I could give two fucks about that. It's cause I'm trying to be a gentler man.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I hate hospitals...

I hate the fact that all hospital staff is over worked and all hospitals are understaffed.

I was hospitalized a couple of years ago (I mentioned it on CJ back then) and I had a horrid experience at Aventura Hospital.

I left that hospital feeling worse than I did when I went in there....

The good thing is I got a hospital bill for $4000 and I bitched and bitched about my experience there for about a year and they finally got sick of me calling so they got rid of my bill. My insurance ended up paying the other $11000 for 1 night in an ER...

Guest General
I hate hospitals...

I hate the fact that all hospital staff is over worked and all hospitals are understaffed.

I was hospitalized a couple of years ago (I mentioned it on CJ back then) and I had a horrid experience at Aventura Hospital.

I left that hospital feeling worse than I did when I went in there....

The good thing is I got a hospital bill for $4000 and I bitched and bitched about my experience there for about a year and they finally got sick of me calling so they got rid of my bill. My insurance ended up paying the other $11000 for 1 night in an ER...

Well I hope the Usual Suspects made your stay a little better.