Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Godtube?

Guest web_norah

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest web_norah

you know the last thing i intended in this thread......became my worst nightmare, people reciting and quoting the bible....

Guest coach
BTW far right christians are probably the true christians.

Okay, here we go, absolute proof that you do not understand Christianity. Neither do they, btw. Your lack of scriptural understanding is also quite broad, as evidenced by much of your argumentation in this thread. You say you are more like a Bohemian Buddhist, which is cool, but, if so, where do you get off claiming knowledge of scripture and Christianity? Where do you get your misguided information of it?

Guest trancepriest
Okay, here we go, absolute proof that you do not understand Christianity. Neither do they, btw. Your lack of scriptural understanding is also quite broad, as evidenced by much of your argumentation in this thread. You say you are more like a Bohemian Buddhist, which is cool, but, if so, where do you get off claiming knowledge of scripture and Christianity? Where do you get your misguided information of it?

Well school me... O' wise man of understanding... instead of rambling your opinions.

Guest pod

What I'm not seeing here is that how a lot of people who profess to follow the Scriptures, deviate from their teachings more often than not.

I believe the term is Cafeteria Christians.

Guest slamminshaun
you know the last thing i intended in this thread......became my worst nightmare, people reciting and quoting the bible....

Don't blame me....I quoted the Koran. Funny how that isn't apart of your worst nightmare.

And to respond to Pod's comment, nobody can claim that today's Muslims are "Cafeteria Muslims". Now there's a religion that practices what it preaches. They make war and kill Jews and Christians just like the Koran tells them to.

Guest pod

Well, at least they take their religion seriously. In my mind, spirituality isn't something you should dabble in. I just love how people utilize the parts of a religion that suit them, and ignore the other, more inconvenient parts, and then call themselves "religious".

At least science and money don't care if you do that.

Guest coach
Well school me... O' wise man of understanding... instead of rambling your opinions.

Jesus was a revolutionary. Mmm... I'll add that he taught a non-judemental style of living. His basic message, to sum up, was "do good, have fun." The main way you can really tell that the right-winger fundamentalists are wrong is that Jesus really did not like authoritarianism.

I'm also not really a fan of proselitizing. As a Christian, concentrate on living a good life and doing what you can to help others out. If people are really interested, you can chat them up about it. But there is no way that Jesus would have condoned the whole, "Repent or be damned" kind of thing.

Guest slamminshaun

Anyone who is truly interested in a great book about the three monotheist religions, get "A History of God" by Karen Armstrong. It doesn't push any particular religion, it simply analyzes their roots from an historical perspective. Probably one of the best books I've read....ever!

Guest web_norah
Don't blame me....I quoted the Koran. Funny how that isn't apart of your worst nightmare.

And to respond to Pod's comment, nobody can claim that today's Muslims are "Cafeteria Muslims". Now there's a religion that practices what it preaches. They make war and kill Jews and Christians just like the Koran tells them to.

no

the little girl reciting the bible was enough.

i really don't know enough about the Koran to start making accusations, maybe you can enlighten me? you seem to know a lot about it.

Christians and Jews have killed a lot of people in the name of ________ also.....it is not just an exclusive to the Muslims.

religious people scare me, that's all ...like

Guest pod

I just don't get it, how some people can place their faith in something that cannot be validated?

Prove to me that God exists and I will gladly be quiet.

Guest slamminshaun
no

the little girl reciting the bible was enough.

i really don't know enough about the Koran to start making accusations, maybe you can enlighten me? you seem to know a lot about it.

Christians and Jews have killed a lot of people in the name of ________ also.....it is not just an exclusive to the Muslims.

religious people scare me, that's all ...like

Norah, it's absolutely NOT an accusation. It's in writing...black & white!!!! Those quotes I posted earlier are straight from the Koran...not my words, theirs!!! Say what you want about the way Jews and Christians have twisted the bible over the years to suit their own interests, but Muslims don't need to twist their Koran....it literally tells them to make war on anyone who is not Muslim. If you can't accept that, then go stick your head back in the sand....

Guest trancepriest
Norah, it's absolutely NOT an accusation. It's in writing...black & white!!!! Those quotes I posted earlier are straight from the Koran...not my words, theirs!!! Say what you want about the way Jews and Christians have twisted the bible over the years to suit their own interests, but Muslims don't need to twist their Koran....it literally tells them to make war on anyone who is not Muslim. If you can't accept that, then go stick your head back in the sand....

Numbers 31.15-18

And Moses said unto them, Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to commit trespass against the LORD in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the LORD. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves

In Isaiah 13. 13-19, it sounds like God is saying that Babylonian women should be raped (He says "ravished") and their children should be killed.

Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts, and in the day of his fierce anger. And it shall be as the chased roe, and as a sheep that no man taketh up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land. Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished. Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it. Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children. And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellency, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah

He hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood. --Isaiah 34:2-3

Yes... SS... the religion of peace promoting rape, pedophilia and murder of children.

Guest slamminshaun

There's a HUGE difference between recollecting events the way they happened, and commanding future generations to take certain actions. These quotes you posted are recollections of how things played out leading up to the formation of Judaism. The Koran, on the other hand, preaches and incites hate and racism...it makes no bones about it.

Judaism and Christianity did not yet exist when those stories you posted took place. Paganism and Cataanism were the primary religions then. Judaism didn't come around until the days of Ezekiel. What's being described is the chaos that ensued before the Israelites accepted Yahweh as their lone God....

I could pick apart the Jews and Christians' bible all day long too....but their scripture does not incite violence to the same degree the Koran does.

Guest trancepriest
I could pick apart the Jews and Christians' bible all day long too....but their scripture does not incite violence to the same degree the Koran does.

To the same degree... lol. Now the parts you are quoting from the Koran... could they be how things played out before the formation of the muslim religion?

Ezra 7:25-26

And you, Ezra, in accordance with the wisdom of your God, which you possess, appoint magistrates and judges to administer justice to all the people of Trans-Euphrates—all who know the laws of your God. And you are to teach any who do not know them. 26 Whoever does not obey the law of your God and the law of the king must surely be punished by death, banishment, confiscation of property, or imprisonment.

Judaism and Christianity did not yet exist when those stories you posted took place.

I guess the Torah had nothing to do with Judaism. I often hear it is the most important document in Judaism.

1. Genesis

2. Exodus

3. Leviticus

4. Numbers

5. Deuteronomy

Guest slamminshaun

TP, we can go 'round and 'round if you like....but explain the timing of this first quote from the Koran?

"O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people. - 5:54"

First of all, Christianity wasn't around until about 40 years AFTER the death of Jesus, so we can pretty much date this entry. This is a VERY modern quote by historical standards. With that said, these next quotes all came AFTER the above....well after Islam had been established.

"Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39"

"When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5"

"Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73"

"Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....9:123"

"When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly."

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. - 48:29

Those do not appear to be quotes describing an event or recollecting the way something played out. It's pretty clear. Strike off the heads of those who don't believe in Allah, make war on them, be harsh with them, be nice to fellow Muslims, and murder the disbelievers. All religions have some sort of "unbelievers will roast in hell" verbiage in their books, but Islam is unique in that it actually incites its followers to arrange the meeting!

Guest michael^heaven

Religion & politics are, by far, two of the most passionate subjects one might discuss. Also, the most difficult to bring about change in one's opinions & beliefs.

Guest web_norah
Religion & politics are, by far, two of the most passionate subjects one might discuss. Also, the most difficult to bring about change in one's opinions & beliefs.

agreed

imagine if we didn't have religion, do you think the world would be different today?

Guest pod

Certainly less of a body count throughout history. Only recently have wars not been about religion.

Probably a lot less hypocrisy too. I take mild amusement at a lot of people I see out on the weekends breaking all sorts of religious rules, yet somewhere on their person they have a religious symbol of sorts, in a serious way.

Guest michael^heaven

Norah, do you feel there might be less moral fiber, so to speak, without the presence of religion?

Agreed on the body count Dan! I'm certainly not the poster boy for Christianity, either, since I drink like a fish, have pre-marital sex, & have a problem with organized religion (ie: The battle between denominations). However, I think there's a common misconception that people of faith are supposed to be perfect in all aspects in life. Which is basically impossible.

Guest slamminshaun
agreed

imagine if we didn't have religion, do you think the world would be different today?

Ok John Lennon...

Actually, yes, the world would be very much different, but it was inevitable so it's a moot point....no matter what corner of the earth you go to, everyone came up with some sort of religion on their own. It's interesting, all of man came up with religion with no knowledge of who or what was going on in the rest of the world.

I have a better one. Imagine if we didn't have capitalism. We'd still be in the fuckin' stone age.

Guest web_norah
Norah, do you feel there might be less moral fiber, so to speak, without the presence of religion?

i think there would be less blaming on the bible, quoting Holy books, using religion as a shield, preaching a certain lifestyle or way of doing things and yes, perhaps less morality pushing in the name of _____.

i am very agnostic in this sense. for instance, i do not think people need to go to church to be married. it is not necessary. we, as humans, make the commitment to someone and as individuals, i do not feel that any church needs to validate my marriage vows. ultimately, it is up to US and what we feel is right (and not what a certain religion dictates).