I have a dream

Guest DJZane

To see Zane Spin before 18 on Space Terrace  

3 members have voted

1. 1. To see Zane Spin before 18 on Space Terrace

• Yes!!!
    • No

Guest DJZane

And my dream is to spin club space afterhours before im 18 (january 09) soo lets start a petition saying people who want to and will come see me spin on the space terrace if u want a demo before u vote pm me and ill send one over!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Juniper

I honestly dont think it is an age issue to who can and who cannot play space - its about who you know & your legitimacy in the scene.

Guest Dj_Peace
LMAO! Who voted no? Give the kid a chance, yo.

I agree...if he has what it takes to move the crowd and generate the revenue for the business, let him take the decks for a nite...what could it hurt. Unfortunately, Zane, you are going to need to do a lot of "glad handing" and guerilla marketing before Space or any other venue just "parts the Red Sea" so to speak as there are about 2 zillion other deejays wanting the same big break. However, do NOT be discouraged or dismayed-you have passion and sometimes, that is all that is necessary to make the dream a reality.

I wish you well in your aspirations!

Guest pod

In regards to whomever said 'no', it pretty much explains why the dance music scene in Miami has so much trouble recruiting younger listeners. The 'old heads' are simply too elitist to let new people in, so they say screw it and end up hanging out at open format parties in any given club on South Beach. Or worse yet, they go 'indie rocker' and hate everything.

Guest Blackiechan76

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."

Eleanor Roosevelt

So in other words...forget the haters.

Guest pod

That's what I'm saying. Again, people wonder why dance music has a hard time getting new recruits, and here's your answer.

Sure, I pick on the kids a lot around here, but if they want to go to any of the clubs I go to, more power to them.

Conversely, they need to know how to act.

Guest coach

Dang, Pod, good for you. Can't believe you came down on his side.

I pick on the kids, too. Well, wait, I pick on everybody. But, I pick on the kids specifically to see if they have the mettle to withstand this tough business. Better to get out now and do something else if you can't hack it, then to keep trying something you don't have the stomach.

So, I'm calling out all you losers who voted no and then don't have the balls to post who you are or why. At least man up to the fact that you are scared of the younger competition. (If you voted no and did post why, then this does not apply to you, but I didn't see any of that.)

Guest knebula

Zane,

wether its a space or at club deep, keep the dream alive little man.....

look up the martinez brothers and you'll see what I mean..

good luck

Guest Dj_Peace
That's what I'm saying. Again, people wonder why dance music has a hard time getting new recruits, and here's your answer.

Sure, I pick on the kids a lot around here, but if they want to go to any of the clubs I go to, more power to them.

Conversely, they need to know how to act.

This past weekend, I stopped by an event that featured a young deejay by the name of Dj Adel in Hollywood. I met her and her partner a few weeks back and decided to stop by to show support (since it was nearby to my home) and I have to say that although the music was not necessarily my cup of tea (dirty house, techno) I still enjoyed the energy and the skils that this young 17 y'o girl displayed. Her musical selection was very good and the crowd reacted to almost everything she played (and she seemed to be having a lot of fun at the same time) so I believe that the younger set is capable of doing a bang up job if given the opportunity. ..and remember, we were once them and somebody gave us an opportunity...

Guest rhythmburn

for me, this has nothing to do with age, but everything to do with experience. that is why i asked him what tracks are currently moving HIM. i would like to know where he is at musically. i am all about up-and-coming dj's...yet i am still very picky about what i like. and more often than not, it is the older, more veteran dj's that are able to catch my ear...

Guest coach
for me, this has nothing to do with age, but everything to do with experience. that is why i asked him what tracks are currently moving HIM. i would like to know where he is at musically. i am all about up-and-coming dj's...yet i am still very picky about what i like. and more often than not, it is the older, more veteran dj's that are able to catch my ear...

While I don't agree that it's the old geezers that always catch my ear, I will say that posting a tracklist of some current faves is a great idea.

Get on it Zane, what do you like these days?

Guest pod

Everyone has to start somewhere. Despite people's insistences to the contrary, no one was born a vet. At one point, even the most elitist music nerd on here was listening to something he or she is embarrassed about these days.

Guest DJZane

as requested here are two track lists to what i like the most right now as far as music for house and minimal

House Tracklist

Unchained Melody-Ernesto vs Bastian (Wippenburg mix)

White Horse- Slash Dash (laidback luke 2007 remix)

Get Down- English Mafia vs Sweedish Mafia

The One- Sharam (club mix)

This is the end- The doors (dirty south remix)

The Reward is Cheese- Deadmau5 vs Jelo

Big-Donald Glaude

The Great Fashionist Swindle- Dada Life

Deep Inside- Abel Ramos Remix

Be Still- Kaskade (Sam la More Remix)

Minimal track list

Birdman-italoboyz

Keep in Touch- Attic

Half life- gaiser

Low Swing- Kolombo

Bats-seph

papillon-Laurine Frost (ripperton remix)

What is control- Alexi Delano

gizeh mindtrip-onur oezer

Snap Dragon- Red Robbin and Jakob Hilden

Guest Major

Zane, bring me a mix cd. Make sure it's electro house free and non-commercial. If it's to my liking, I'll give you an hour's slot at Blue on a tuesday night.

Major

Guest rhythmburn
Zane, bring me a mix cd. Make sure it's electro house free and non-commercial. If it's to my liking, I'll give you an hour's slot at Blue on a tuesday night.

Major

nice offer -- you are a stand up guy major :D

Guest redcommibastard

Just playing a devils advocate here , but

... why hasnt anyone concidered a serious possibility that this guy might not be that great of a dj - has anyone ever heard him play out live ?!?!

Those who voted (no matter yes or no) - did you make your decision based on solid facts or ... ?

Im not pre-judging - I am just curious ;)

Guest Blackiechan76

On Dec 7th at Rapture, Zane will be gracing his presence and skills on the decks. I would like to extend this invite especially to all independent bloggers and media to document his performance.

Guest Sela V
On Dec 7th at Rapture, Zane will be gracing his presence and skills on the decks. I would like to extend this invite especially to all independent bloggers and media to document his performance.

We shall be there... I will be on the look out for set time...:)