Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Victor Calderone @ The Fifth In South Beach On New Year's Eve !!!

Guest katiatheonlyone

Guest mr.miami

What is up with all these good djs playing at what I think are crappy dance venues? I've never been to fifth but have never heard anything good about it. Does that place have a dance floor, or is it similar to suite?

Guest Buck White

It's a nice venue. Their sound needs improvement....but the layperson doesnt really pay attention to those kinds of things, yeah? My man Omid 16B put a hurting on those speakers during conference.

Guest skywalker01
It's a nice venue. Their sound needs improvement....but the layperson doesnt really pay attention to those kinds of things, yeah? My man Omid 16B put a hurting on those speakers during conference.

the sound was so bad during wmc we left.

the fifth is a great venue .. still on the beach but away from the ghetto madness of washington ave .. sound could use some work but thats fixable .. place is good looking and service is top notch .. give it a chance!

if it was for mr miami's reviews .. we should all be hanging out at his place :rolleyes:

Guest mr.miami
if it was for mr miami's reviews .. we should all be hanging out at his place :rolleyes:

I don't go out to every venue so basically I hear things about some places by word of mouth. If I dont hear things about places and I have places I go to already why bother going to the other places.

Guest Buck White
I don't go out to every venue so basically I hear things about some places by word of mouth. If I dont hear things about places and I have places I go to already why bother going to the other places.

A synonym for places, please.

Guest mr.miami

Many of you don't have to worry about ever getting any type of invitation from me to hang out at my place. I wouldn't even consider it.

Guest Buck White
i thought it was pod's job to check for spelling and grammar?

:D

Buck tries to help, too. You don't think he overused the word "places" ?

Guest mr.miami
What a horrible venue to do such a event..whats next Dj. Nikolas is going to open for Victor..lol

Why do you think it is so bad? Others here seem to think its just marvelous even though I can't remember the last thread ever put up here saying what a great place the fifth is.

Guest LeVeL
Why do you think it is so bad? Others here seem to think its just marvelous even though I can't remember the last thread ever put up here saying what a great place the fifth is.

The sound sucks, the club hasn't lived up to what it was set out to do, the club is too small for a Victor Calderon event, the club is small as it is, just imagine it for a Victor event, the location sucks.

The only people who are saying that it doesn't suck are Dj's who have played the venue or are still playing the venue, thats where the preference lies.

In my opinion Victor will always be better in Twilo.

Guest Ricky

I agree, Victor Calderone Will always be better @ Twilo.

The same goes for Danny Tenaglia.

Heard its reopening As Twilo/Stereo. Owned By LP.

Guest LeVeL
The venue itself is awesome, shame about the sound though. :confused:

Are you a promoter, bartender for The Fifth? Is your BF a Dj, doorman, bartender, bathroom towel giver @ the venue?

hey hey !

do you guys get paid to hate by the hour ? jeesh ...

i was defending the name of the venue because i have had a good experience there, both as a dj and as a regular customer .. to each their own and i respect that .. everybody can have their own opinions ..

yes, the sound could use a tweak but like i said but thats fixable (space and the fifth share the same sound concept, alpha dynacord) .. and all of this is about the venue itself ..

now,

if you ask me,

and if i am honest,

then yes,

victor calderone at the fifth doesnt seem to "attractive" .. his music is definitely more suitable for a room like twilo or space ..

Guest LeVeL
hey hey !

do you guys get paid to hate by the hour ? jeesh ...

i was defending the name of the venue because i have had a good experience there, both as a dj and as a regular customer .. to each their own and i respect that .. everybody can have their own opinions ..

Well that gave it away right there, you have some type of interest with the venue. As far as myself, I am just a clubber and speak from experience attending the venue as a clubber.

Also I get paid by the week to hate, I cant be here every hour hating now, there is just too much ass-kissing on this board to do that..lol

Guest Josh Wickham

I saw Victor throw down for more than 7 hours straight this past summer @ Pacha in NYC...he Fing KILLED it. The crowd was icky but the sound + tunes was GREAT...didn't leave until 1:00pm on Sunday when they kicked everybody out :)

Guest pod

Level does have a valid point though, the only people defending it are involved with the venue somehow. The Chib DJs there, Natalie's buddies are there during conference, etc.

Friends of mine work there, yes, but I've never felt a huge attachment to the place. The layout is kind of cool, but the decor never inspired me.

Sound? When it was new it rocked, sad to hear it went south. I would guess like a lot of other high-end installs down here, the venue failed to pay for upkeep and had the ubiquitous "sound guy" come in, instead of a proper engineer.

Are you a promoter, bartender for The Fifth? Is your BF a Dj, doorman, bartender, bathroom towel giver @ the venue?

lol no I don't even live in Miami, I've been to The Fifth on a few occasions and seriously dude chill out it's just a club. Who really cares and takes this shit seriously? hahahahha

I have no ill-will towards the club or the people throwing the party, I just hope that they fix that sound and the stage/dj booth. Other than that I've had some great party nights there. Leave it at that. :rolleyes:

Guest DB-CMG

a club with a bad soundsystem is a like a reataurant with a bad chef.

get it fixed, and maybe ppl will start to appreciate more.

Guest pod

There's a saying "If bad sound could kill..."

Too often I've seen people be like 'It sounds fine!' when it's a pair of EONs on sticks being overdriven by some guy on a Gemini mixer. The crowd gets conditioned to it, and it's sad. "But it's all about the music, man..."

Yeah sure, but wouldn't you like to hear that wonderful music at it's best?

Sure, money's always an issue, but you can do good sound and not break the bank.

Guest katiatheonlyone
What a horrible venue to do such a event..whats next Dj. Nikolas is going to open for Victor..lol

OHHHH NOOOOO HONEY!!!

THAT'S NEVER GOING TO UPPEN!!!!!

I PROMISE YOU!!!!