Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ultra 2008: Ten Year Anniversary March 28th +29th

Guest Blackiechan76

Guest HUGH

FYI.....On Saturday AMNESIA Ibiza will have a stage like last year.They pretty much bring a bunch of guys that never play in the States.Expect world class booty shaking underground Tech-House.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest omalley
FYI.....On Saturday AMNESIA Ibiza will have a stage like last year.They pretty much bring a bunch of guys that never play in the States.Expect world class booty shaking underground Tech-House.

souns more like my style...

Guest lub

it looks so damn sad...

so does your avatar... LOL.. no offense!

i am actually not such a fan of big dutch trance djs either

Guest Renegade25

I've got to be honest, that line-up is rubbish. Certainly doesn't justify the door tax. Also, as much as i love PVD his live set is crap. The line-up could do with a few more trance djs.

Guest cire

Yeah, it seems kinda weird. No major weird/strange live headliner like in the past, The Prodigy, Killers, Underworld, etc...

Oops, just noticed at the bottom of the flyer, this is Phase One, I guess it's no different than then other years, here's some and here's some more. Hopefully, I can make it down there, I got my tix, sooooo. Should be interesting to see who they add.

Still would love to see something different, Kai Tracid, Scot Project, Yoji, Judge, Tall, etc...:shrugs: Who cares I'll be tanked ;)

Guest drfunk

Yup, if you notice it says Phase 1 lineup. Last year The Cure (headliner) was the first act announced and that was before even Phase 1 lineup was out. I'm sure it'll be awesome :)

Guest javierdiaz1213
you are all spoiled in Florida and do not know it. I didnt see how we were spoiled when I lived there either.

this haitus from the miami nightlife is making me grateful of what there is down there

shut up everyone... stop complianing.. wtf are u so mad about, this is the best event all damn year. unless you like hiphop week.... we live in the best f'n city with the best clubs and everyone complains about everything. DAMN!!!

Guest omalley

^^if no one complained then nothing would ever get better...

pretty damn sure that we'd probably have nothing to talk about either.

Guest TheNicest

Day 1

Tiesto, Carl Cox, Justice, Rabbit in the Moon, Danny Tenaglia, Richie Hawtin, Steve Lawler, BT, Josh Wink, James Zabiela, M.A.N.D.Y., Erol Alkan, Boys Noize, Dirty South, Deadmau5, Annie Mac, Jackal + Hyde, Monk, Keven and Audiofly.

Day 2

Paul Van Dyk, Carl Cox, Armin Van Buuren, Sasha + John Digweed, David Guetta, Benny Benassi, DJ Dan & Donald Glaude, Layo + Bushwacka, Fedde Le Grande, Andy C + MC GQ, Planet of the Drums, Goldie, Dillinja + Lemon D, Fabio, Shy FX, Ed Rush + Optical, DJ Fresh + MC Ivory, Photek, Adam F and Francesco Rossi.

Guest flsunflower28

I think the real problem with Ultra this year is the $31.93 per ticket service fee. WTF is that for? Even ************'s fees aren't that bad - that's almost a 25% service fee when you do the math. Ultra is becoming more about greed and less about the music every year! :frust:

Guest kev_obrien
Yeah, it seems kinda weird. No major weird/strange live headliner like in the past, The Prodigy, Killers, Underworld, etc...

Oops, just noticed at the bottom of the flyer, this is Phase One, I guess it's no different than then other years, here's some and here's some more. Hopefully, I can make it down there, I got my tix, sooooo. Should be interesting to see who they add.

Still would love to see something different, Kai Tracid, Scot Project, Yoji, Judge, Tall, etc...:shrugs: Who cares I'll be tanked ;)

trance sucks ;-) do people still listen to that hyped up crack music?

Guest mbongiovi
umf10_poster02.jpg

Underworld, great pull if it is a live performance, if it is just a DJ set, waste of a big name. I remember the last time they were there, so packed at the main stage they stopped letting people over there, so I missed. But I heard they were amazing. There DJ sets are nothing to write home about though.

Guest kris-ko
Underworld, great pull if it is a live performance, if it is just a DJ set, waste of a big name. I remember the last time they were there, so packed at the main stage they stopped letting people over there, so I missed. But I heard they were amazing. There DJ sets are nothing to write home about though.

Very much doubt Underworld would be booked for a DJ set given their live sets are probably the pinnacle of live dance music imo.

Have to say this second anouncement is very fukn impressive. :balloon:

But here and elsewhere, have read nothing but bad vibes from forum posters on Ultra - on the surface from my position down in Oz this looks like about 5 dance music festival line-ups rolled into one, Underworld haven't been down here in at least 5 years and Tenaglia even longer from memory - fukn pumped to say the least!

So what exactly is the problem? Idiots in the crowd (fairly common down hee also funnily enough)? Shit sound? Bad layout/organisation? Short sets? Overzealous security? Immense socio-political ramifications? Anyone? Bueller?

I've got my tix regardless, just interested in your thoughts... :)

Guest mbongiovi
Very much doubt Underworld would be booked for a DJ set given their live sets are probably the pinnacle of live dance music imo.

Have to say this second anouncement is very fukn impressive. :balloon:

But here and elsewhere, have read nothing but bad vibes from forum posters on Ultra - on the surface from my position down in Oz this looks like about 5 dance music festival line-ups rolled into one, Underworld haven't been down here in at least 5 years and Tenaglia even longer from memory - fukn pumped to say the least!

So what exactly is the problem? Idiots in the crowd (fairly common down hee also funnily enough)? Shit sound? Bad layout/organisation? Short sets? Overzealous security? Immense socio-political ramifications? Anyone? Bueller?

I've got my tix regardless, just interested in your thoughts... :)

I went to the first 7 of these events, did not go to the last two though, for me, it is that I can't handle the crowd anymore (gets bigger and bigger every year) and the new location for the last 2 years and this years (Bicentenial park), is just not as nice/spreadout for such a huge event, as the old one was (Bayfront park).

Short sets can be an issue, but was never really a problem for me, to me you go to a festival to see a bit of a bunch of different acts. To to some, this is an issue though.

You get idiots and a few annoying young-ins in every huge festival, so you just deal with that.

Security is not a big deal, especially if you get there early. Just don't be an idiot and do something stupid and you will be fine.

If you have never been, definately something to experience.

Guest esreveR.jD
I think the real problem with Ultra this year is the $31.93 per ticket service fee. WTF is that for? Even ************'s fees aren't that bad - that's almost a 25% service fee when you do the math. Ultra is becoming more about greed and less about the music every year! :frust:

That is the biggest general problem with Ultra. We see the huge crowds coming each year but where is the bigger and better talent to justify the raising ticket costs? This is year 10. Waiting for the next phase to see if I am even going.. So far Viram, FSOB and the carryover have my interest....

Guest francvi
That is the biggest general problem with Ultra. We see the huge crowds coming each year but where is the bigger and better talent to justify the raising ticket costs? This is year 10. Waiting for the next phase to see if I am even going.. So far Viram, FSOB and the carryover have my interest....

I experienced Ultra for the first time last year and although I must admit I was initially impressed by everything, after I while I started to notice a totally different vibe and atmosphere than what you get at the parties in SoBe or clubs like Space or Pawn Shop. Too many annoying youngsters who didn't even know who the DJs were and just wanted to get drunk, especially on Sat. However, I must say I am very impressed by Phase II line up! Underworld! Wowww! And how about Moby? Anybody knows whether this will be a DJ set or a live performance? I am afraid it will just be a DJ set, which is a shame because his live performances are amazing!!

Guest Corporate

Moby has been doing more of the dj set thing lately. Saw him at Ministry of Sound in London back in October and I was not impressed. Luckily he was followed by Sebastian Ingrosso and he ripped the place to pieces...

Guest Ultra Music Festival

ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL CELEBRATES ITS 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY

WITH AN ALL-STAR ELECTRONIC ARTIST LINE UP MARCH 28 & 29 AT

BICENTENNIAL PARK IN MIAMI, FL

UNDERWORLD, Tiësto, PAUL VAN DYK (LIVE), JUSTICE, CARL COX, MOBY

AND MANY MORE CONFIRMED FOR THE TWO-DAY EVENT

TICKETS ON SALE NOW AT WWW.ULTRAMUSICFESTIVAL.COM

ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL (UMF)--the nation’s premiere electronic music

extravaganza, set for Friday, March 28 and Saturday, March 29 at

Bicentennial Park in Miami, FL--has announced the initial confirmed

stage-by-stage talent line-up for its 10-year anniversary edition.

The event runs in conjunction with the Winter Music Conference (WMC)

and features over 150 of the world’s top electronic and DJ artists

spread out over seven different areas each day.

Festival highlights include the return of Underworld for their only

2008 Florida performance, fan favorite and three time winner of the

prestigious DJ Magazine “Top 100 DJ Poll†Tiësto and Paul van Dyk,

with a very rare live set with a full band and several guest

vocalists from his current release, In Between (Mute), including

Jessica Sutta of the Pussycat Dolls, Ashley Tomberlin and Rea

Garvey, among others. Additional WMC exclusive performances are

planned from France’s premier DJ duo Justice as their first-time UMF

show and MOBY in support of Last Night, his new album dropping

around the time of the festival.

Carl Cox, the only artist confirmed for both dates, will make his

exclusive annual Florida appearance with his ‘10 Year Classics’ set

on the first night and regular set the second night. UMF is also

the only place fans will be able to experience exclusive live performances and

DJ sets during WMC by BT, Digitalism, Rabbit In The Moon, Deadmau5,

Second Sun and Enur, who’s WMC exclusive performance will be their

U.S. debut. The initial stage-by-stage line-up for ULTRA MUSIC

FESTIVAL 10 is:

FRIDAY, MARCH 28

MAIN STAGE

Tiësto

Justice – Exclusive WMC Appearance

Erol Alkan

Deadmau5 - Exclusive Live WMC Appearance

CARL COX & FRIENDS

Carl Cox – 10 Year Classics Set

Danny Tenaglia

Richie Hawtin

Josh Wink

THE RABBIT HOLE

Rabbit In The Moon - Exclusive WMC Live Appearance

The Crystal Method

BT – 10 Year Retrospective Set

Kevens - Live

Jackal & Hyde - Live

Dynamix II - Live

Monk

Clayton Steele

AMNESIA IBIZA ARENA

Steve Lawler

James Zabiela

M.A.N.D.Y.

Robbie Rivera

Lee Burridge

Damian Lazarus

Mar-T

Francesco Rossi

DANCE ROCK STAGE

Digitalism - Exclusive Live WMC Appearance

MSTRKRFT

Boys Noize

Annie Mac

Jeremy Dawson

LA Riots

SATURDAY, MARCH 29

MAIN STAGE

UNDERWORLD - Exclusive 2008 Florida Live Appearance

Paul Van Dyk - Exclusive Live WMC Appearance

Erick Morillo

Armin Van Buuren

Ferry Corsten

Pete Tong

Sander Van Doorn

Calvin Harris

Second Sun - Exclusive Live WMC Appearance

Enur – Exclusive Live WMC Appearance (US Debut)

CARL COX & FRIENDS

Carl Cox - Exclusive WMC Appearance

MOBY - Exclusive WMC Appearance

David Guetta

Fedde Le Grand

John Rundell

BAY FRONT STAGE

Sasha & John Digweed

Sander Kleinenberg

Benny Benassi

DJ Dan & Donald Glaude (2x4 set)

Layo & Bushwacka!

Dirty South

Mark Knight

Audiofly

Nate Campbell

BREAK BEAT

Stanton Warriors

Hybrid

DJ Icey

Hyper

Krafty Kuts

Baby Anne feat. Darling Nikki

Meat Katie

General Midi

Dylan Rhymes

Storm & Johnny Dangerously

DRUM & BASS

Planet Of The Drums (feat. Ak1200 + Dara + Dieselboy + MC Messinian)

Andy C & MC GQ

Goldie

Fabio

ShyFx

AdamF

Photek

Ed Rush & Optical

Soundweapon - Live (feat. DJ Fresh + MC Ivory)

Teebee

Evol Intent

Reid Speed

Empress

From its humble beginnings on the beaches of Miami in 1999, the

ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL--founded by Russell Faibisch and Alex Omes--has grown to extraordinary proportions. It has branched out to produce

ULTRA and UMF-branded events in Miami, the Caribbean, Ibiza and

Brazil. ULTRA-branded events have sold out venues such as Miami’s

Bayfront Park and American Airlines Arena as well as New York City’s

Central Park Rumsey Field. In 2004, UMF created music history by

becoming the first festival ever to be aired in HD on Pay-Per-View

to more than 55 million homes for 45 days. In 2006 UMF 8 ranked #7

among international festivals in the Top 10 Festivals Chart

according to Billboard (December 23, 2006).

The ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL was also the recipient of the IDMA Award

for ‘Best International Dance Event’ in 2005 and 2006. In 2007, UMF

expanded to two days with headliners The Cure, Tiësto, Paul van Dyk

and Fatboy Slim. UMF is the leader in global dance music events and

presents the best line-up year after year.

Tickets are available now through http://www.ultramusicfestival.com

For more information on ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL 10, contact:

MSO 818-380-0400

Alexandra Greenberg x223, agreenberg@msopr.com

Shazila Mohammed x238, shazila@msopr.com