Clubplanet Nightlife Community

George Acosta returns to the Shadow Lounge space for New Year's Eve

Guest seanford

Guest seanford

x.jpg

George Acosta - "America's Best DJ" - DJtimes.com

For one night only the Shadow Lounge Family returns to its original home to give you a SHADOW LOUNGE NEW YEARS. This very special event is a TRIBUTE to the days of yesteryear and the beginning of Miami’s Dance music scene. DJs George Acosta and Edgar V will take you on a musical journey with the music that started it all to the sounds that have made George Acosta America’s #1 DJ. He knows his crowds so well because he is just as big a fan as they are of his music. Just like the thousands he plays for, George Acosta lives it. George tries to maintain a close connection to the people who come to hear him play because like them, he discovered music as a fan first.

It was during his three-year residency at Miami's famed Shadow Lounge that George honed his craft and began educating South Beach to this wonderful emotional roller-coaster ride that was quickly moving west from Europe. Now firmly entrenched in South Beach, George produced his first mix cd, "Awake". This became the definitive sound of South Beach. It was this same CD that helped propel him onto the world stage.

This New Year's Eve, George returns to the former Shadow Lounge space to thrill the crowds with an electrofying performance reminiscent of his early days on South Beach. What better way to ring in the New Year than with America's Best DJ!!!

Tickets for this event are available for purchase at:

wanttickets_logo.jpg

Ticket Pricing

Individual Tickets:

• General Admission - Early Bird rate - $110.00
  • VIP Admission - Access to all VIP areas, including Silk Loft - $165.00
  • VIP Admission including all Night Open Bar - $220.00

VIP Tables

Gold VIP Table for 4 - $2000.00

• VIP admission for 4 persons
  • 2 bottles of Premium liquor
  • 1 bottle of Moet Chandon Champagne
  • Complimentary CDs signed by George Acosta
  • Entrance to exclusive Meet and Greet with George Acosta from 9pm - 10pm
  • All Taxes and Tips are included
  • Table selection done on a first come, first serve basis. All sales are final. No refunds.

Platinum VIP Table for 4 - Directly in front of DJ Booth - $3000.00

• VIP admission for 4 persons
  • 2 bottles of Premium liquor
  • 1 bottle of Moet Chandon Champagne
  • There are 4 tables that will be located directly in front of the DJ Booth. This option guarantees the buyer one of those tables.
  • Table selection done on a first come, first serve basis. All sales are final. No refunds.

Platinum VIP Table for 12 - $6000.00

• VIP admission for 12 persons
  • 4 bottles of Premium liquor
  • 2 bottle of Moet Chandon Champagne
  • Guaranteed placement at one of 2 large VIP Tables. Table selection done on a first come, first serve basis. All sales are final. No refunds.
  • Dedicated Security guard placed in front of table all night.

VIP Table reservations are available by calling 305-388-1797 or 305-788-3673.

Guest klubveteran

This has been done at Space and Kary & Y and have been very succesful and full of energy but from the makings of this one being at the actual building where it all took place will be pretty cool.

I hope the organizers put the DJ booth where it used to be and the decor is close to what it was. to George and Edgar that place is like Yankee Stadium or Fenway Park. when they walk in there im sure it will give them a boost to put on one hell of a show!

Guest ctt300

Oh, yeah this is going to be bad ass!!! I used to be at Shadow Lounge every weekend to see George. :eek: Bobby was so feakin' cool...what a guy! What great times! ...and if they could reinstall that see through fish tank between the guys and girls bathrooms...that was trippy! Have to make it out to this legendary New Years! :D I don't have the same friends, but I still have my Shadow...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest klubveteran
This may be the last one of these for a while so get on board!!!

Nelson....call Frankie or George!!

Dade,

thanks for the message. Frank got a hold of me via Edgar V and we talked and he asked if I would do the door on that evening and I said I would. Its not like I was invited to Timbaland or Beyonce's NYE extravaganza. Besides, this party has been done before at Space and Karu with remarkable but remarkable turn out and great energyBut never at the actual building. Standing outside the "temple" at 1532 Washington will be neat again for the first time since it closed.

Should lots of familiar faces in the crowd ready to continue right where they left off.

Sneak on by.

Guest JustDade
Dade,

thanks for the message. Frank got a hold of me via Edgar V and we talked and he asked if I would do the door on that evening and I said I would. Its not like I was invited to Timbaland or Beyonce's NYE extravaganza. Besides, this party has been done before at Space and Karu with remarkable but remarkable turn out and great energyBut never at the actual building. Standing outside the "temple" at 1532 Washington will be neat again for the first time since it closed.

Should lots of familiar faces in the crowd ready to continue right where they left off.

Sneak on by.

I have a "family thing" early....but....I will be there right after Midnight.