Clubplanet Nightlife Community

:: The "REAL" Rap Behind EP's Rapture Party ::

Guest I-CON

Guest JustDade

That kid is right on the money. Mitchy has a lot of balls telling people he can't pay them because the door didn't do well. Mitchy was the one comping people. Mitchy is the guy who does not work. Mitchy is the guy who made the promises. Now mitchy is the guy begging for other people to pay his bills. Shady does not even begin to cover it.

Guest coach

Sounds like dj_We-D3 doesn't have a clue about how things run. If the staff/performers aren't paid off the door, what are they supposed to be paid off? The promoter is supposed to pull money out of their ass? Sure, it would be nice if the promoter had all the money he needed to pay everyone in-pocket before starting the event, but does that *ever* really happen? Any assclown who doesn't know he's getting paid off the door should get outta the business.

I'm not excusing Mitch, or anything. He's still liable for the payments due, or his company is, but this kid doesn't have a clue.

Oh, and why are we still discussing an event that nobody here went to?

Guest myles hie
Sounds like dj_We-D3 doesn't have a clue about how things run. If the staff/performers aren't paid off the door, what are they supposed to be paid off? The promoter is supposed to pull money out of their ass? Sure, it would be nice if the promoter had all the money he needed to pay everyone in-pocket before starting the event, but does that *ever* really happen? Any assclown who doesn't know he's getting paid off the door should get outta the business.

I'm not excusing Mitch, or anything. He's still liable for the payments due, or his company is, but this kid doesn't have a clue.

Are you cereal?

Ideally you don't worry about the door $ to cover expenses you haven't paid. Even though it is common practice its not proper.

You should have your ducks in a row beforehand or loose or dump some of those expensive ducks.

Guest JustDade

Actually, Coach......that almost never happens. Any DJ with an agent gets paid in advance. The guy who posted the thread that is linked here actually supplied smoothies not music. He was promised payment and was never told that money would only be forthcoming if the event did well.

Take Global Gathering for example.....those guys lost almost $1.5 Million and never told anyone a sob story. They just paid their bills and went on with their lives. Good promoters pay their bills as promised regardless of the door count. Anyone who is relying on the door revenue to pay his bills should not do the event.

If you were to ask almost any DJ what they think of promoters, you'll most likely get an earful of hatred. Events like this one are the reason for that. Guys like Mitch give all promoters a bad name. Did he need 54 DJs? Did he need to give away free smoothies? Did he need to do the rooftop summit? No....but why not since someone else is paying?

Coach, you're too nice. This guy mooches off these poor rave kids for a living. He has no job and collects donations on a monthly basis to pay his household bills. It's no wonder that he wasn't worried about paying these bills.......all his bills are paid by other people so why not these?

What I want to know is this: Since Mitch is all about the "community" and his followers make contributions to pay his bills, would they have shared in the profits if the event did well? I don't think so.

Guest lyrik

No Job, lives w/a roomate, loans on a personal car to fund a RAVE, wiping out of an IRA to fund a RAVE, hanging with people well below your age and even underage, uuuhem drug abuse with said people, "donations" to pay bills and contracts, false and broken promises...all by someone well over 30+...

Does anyone really need to know more and can anyone truly respect or defend someone like this....its plain as day...he is a loser. Why anyone would even support this guy anymore or choose to be "friends" with him is suspect.

Guest JustDade
No Job, lives w/a roomate, loans on a personal car to fund a RAVE, wiping out of an IRA to fund a RAVE, hanging with people well below your age and even underage, uuuhem drug abuse with said people, "donations" to pay bills and contracts, false and broken promises...all by someone well over 30+...

Does anyone really need to know more and can anyone truly respect or defend someone like this....its plain as day...he is a loser. Why anyone would even support this guy anymore or choose to be "friends" with him is suspect.

That's what I'm saying. Shady O'Grady as far as I am concerned. And it was also someone else's IRA. Wanna bet Mitch took his "car" money off the top?

Guest ICON

not to sound like a dick.. but the staff involved should have gotten everything in writing.

the whole situation is really shady but considering they had more djs than attendance is somewhat the djs fault as well... Im sorry but the djs on that line up are NOT big time djs.. they are up and coming nobodys... they are mostly daydreamers.... they should have stopped thinking that they were too good to promote and they should have been promoting the fuck out of that event as well... it appears NOBODY promoted shit for the event.... so its all of their faults in my opinion.

Guest saintjohn

I love the response from esreveR.jD - that "the club took several steps to drive away people." He blames "9 dollar water" and bogus "noise complaints" for the low turnout. How would those factors affect ticket sales?

Guest JustDade

FROM EP's WEBSITE:

"We still plan on payng everyone that we owe money to John.

Couple of things happened at the club that I am going to throw in here so others know the events leading up to the end of the night.

I feel that the club took several steps to drive away people.

1. They secured all available parking in the general area for their valet service. No parking = Less people. To top that off the valet just sat there leaning against cars as people drove by. It wasn't untill I got out there and stopped people and started to give them directions to the closest parking lot (by area 51) did the valet start to do their jobs with interest.

2. Drink prices... 9 dollar water? What the fuck was that... 12 for a rum and coke?!? What was the club thinking?!

3. Our contract was for 4 rooms from 8pm to 10am. The club shutdown the 2 outside rooms many times on "noise complaints" (we could hear other parties music over ours when the rooms were shutdown) till they finally shut them down. The main room got closed soon after that. Oh and getting closed down early only quadrupled the problems.

Start closing rooms and people call their friends that are on the way and tell them not to come. I personally head people leaving on the phone telling others not to come

4. The "offical head count" (and I use that term loosly) was nowhere close to the count that we kept.

I'm not pointing fingers cause that just starts drama. Just stating some facts. We lost ALOT of money on this event but still took care of who we could. Per contract some actes were paid up front (this includes the acts we flew in and aquired hotels for)

John, There is no doupt in my mind that we did everything that we could to ensure that everyone had a great time. For some reason. People didn't come. No way to forsee that. Only thing to do I pickup and do the right thing.

If you not getting 100.00 is so important to you that you have to post negitivly here about it and incite others to post their negitive comments. i'll pay you out of my own pocket next friday. Compaired with the amount of money *I* personaly invested and lost on this event, one hundred bux is but pennies... "

My favorite part is when he tries to belittle the kid because he asks for his money. Like it's wrong for him to want his measly $100 even after they lost money. Note to EP: He was a vendor not your partner, assclown.

Guest jkfunkee
Are you cereal?

Ideally you don't worry about the door $ to cover expenses you haven't paid. Even though it is common practice its not proper.

You should have your ducks in a row beforehand or loose or dump some of those expensive ducks.

if ur depending on the door, well mitch will tell u what happens.

Guest jkfunkee
a fool and his money are easily parted.

a fool and his money were lucky enuff to get together in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest esreveR.jD
I love the response from esreveR.jD - that "the club took several steps to drive away people." He blames "9 dollar water" and bogus "noise complaints" for the low turnout. How would those factors affect ticket sales?

Easy. People walking out on their cell phones telling others the insane prices. They wanted 15.00 for a rum and coke!!! Closing rooms effects attendance. Whatever. Anythign I say about the failure of the party is going to look like an excuse to many so I am not going to try. I'm too busy trying to get people payed off to make excuses at this point.

Guest JustDade
Easy. People walking out on their cell phones telling others the insane prices. They wanted 15.00 for a rum and coke!!! Closing rooms effects attendance. Whatever. Anythign I say about the failure of the party is going to look like an excuse to many so I am not going to try. I'm too busy trying to get people payed off to make excuses at this point.

All these things are the fault of the promoter. He should have known the venue's normal drink prices before making a deal. He could have negotiated with them to have lower prices for the event. This is quite common in the business especially when producing gay "Circuit" events. They could have listened to those of us who warned them about the venue's problems with the noise ordinance.

The bottom line is that these guys are scammers and nothing more. This guy, Mitch, is nothing more than a fat leach sucking the life out of a few sad kids. Fat fucker needs his ass kicked.

Guest djjoncowan

Oh, and why are we still discussing an event that nobody here went to?

in my 15 yrs in this business and thousands of events I have never opened my door without having enough money too pay everyone prior to opening. if you can't pay the bills, don't through the event - plain and simple - ideally you want to pay everyone from your door but doesn't always work out like that...

Guest JMT
a fool and his money were lucky enuff to get together in the first place.

if this guy owned a funeral parlor, nobody would die.

Guest I-CON

Nice....

(A Nice Letter From Mr. Waas I had Recieved)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just FYI, I've been handling my money problems and am resolving all of my monies owed with EVERY performer and all the staff involved with Rapture. You don't see anyone else involved with Rapture bitching in public - that's because I'm handling things with them - and I actually had every intention of resolving my debt with you.

My original plan was to throw you a couple headliner slots at EP's next few events, and pay you off in chunks through each of those parties, while allowing you to setup your glowstick booth to make some extra cash at these events at the same time.

HOWEVER, I have this funny personal philosophy Once a person goes to the lengths to disrespect me publicly, all obligations that I once had to that person are effectively null and void. I'll be old and grey before you see a penny of that hundred dollars. You dare to publicly slander my name on CoolJunkie? That's just pathetic man.

Oh, and I'll have you know - Barry Bennett and EMA are throwing that event. I'm just helping him out with the logistics because he's going to be going back to Oregon within another month and doesn't have a lot of time to work on these things. Aside from getting the flyer designed by Elite Flyers, and getting 3 timeslots on the lineup, that party is pretty much strictly a Ringmaster Productions and EMA event. EP is only peripherally involved.

Not that that's ANY business of yours, mind you. Just figured I'd explain.

But needless to say... I had every intention of doing the honorable thing - in fact, I was planning on calling you soon after Rapture to explain the money situation, and how I planned on resolving it with you. Unfortunately, by the time I got back online, I saw your post here on the forums. That was enough for me.

As far as I'm concerned, we are through. Have a nice life.

PS Post any further slanderous material about me or my business affairs on these forums and I'll ban your account permanently. This site doesn't need your hatred and your venom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like how he continues to try and Sell me the "Nice Guy" image and make it look like he "Had" good intentions for me and "I" ruined them by "slandering him".

Too Bad 100% of his message is an OBVIOUS LIE.

Nice try Mr. Conman but I've seen you in ACTION numerous times and for some reason your actual activities don't match up with your "honorable intentions". Wonder why?

Guest djjoncowan
Nice....

(A Nice Letter From Mr. Waas I had Recieved)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just FYI, I've been handling my money problems and am resolving all of my monies owed with EVERY performer and all the staff involved with Rapture. You don't see anyone else involved with Rapture bitching in public - that's because I'm handling things with them - and I actually had every intention of resolving my debt with you.

My original plan was to throw you a couple headliner slots at EP's next few events, and pay you off in chunks through each of those parties, while allowing you to setup your glowstick booth to make some extra cash at these events at the same time.

HOWEVER, I have this funny personal philosophy Once a person goes to the lengths to disrespect me publicly, all obligations that I once had to that person are effectively null and void. I'll be old and grey before you see a penny of that hundred dollars. You dare to publicly slander my name on CoolJunkie? That's just pathetic man.

Oh, and I'll have you know - Barry Bennett and EMA are throwing that event. I'm just helping him out with the logistics because he's going to be going back to Oregon within another month and doesn't have a lot of time to work on these things. Aside from getting the flyer designed by Elite Flyers, and getting 3 timeslots on the lineup, that party is pretty much strictly a Ringmaster Productions and EMA event. EP is only peripherally involved.

Not that that's ANY business of yours, mind you. Just figured I'd explain.

But needless to say... I had every intention of doing the honorable thing - in fact, I was planning on calling you soon after Rapture to explain the money situation, and how I planned on resolving it with you. Unfortunately, by the time I got back online, I saw your post here on the forums. That was enough for me.

As far as I'm concerned, we are through. Have a nice life.

PS Post any further slanderous material about me or my business affairs on these forums and I'll ban your account permanently. This site doesn't need your hatred and your venom.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like how he continues to try and Sell me the "Nice Guy" image and make it look like he "Had" good intentions for me and "I" ruined them by "slandering him".

Too Bad 100% of his message is an OBVIOUS LIE.

Nice try Mr. Conman but I've seen you in ACTION numerous times and for some reason your actual activities don't match up with your "honorable intentions". Wonder why?

a contract or even a verbal agreement is an agreement - if a man doesn't have his word or integrity then he has nothing - if he didn't pay what was agreed too then its clear who the scum bag is, no matter what the after math involved.... - one of lifes learning lessons i suppose.....

Guest DJEricRage1

If you worried about your own parties instead of others maybe you wouldnt be a "smoothymaker" or a washed up DJ/promoter wannabe. WED3 you copuld have atleast gotten tiips ; )I think the rooftop headlining DJ's deserve to get paid before you. Atleast Mitch tried all you did was cancel your last party. Mitch had successful parties in the past and wasnt the first time he had me share ther bill with Monk. Learn to spin learn to promote. Stop talking ill of others trying to make this scene happened. Are you as useless down here as you were in your home town Detroit. Shit Jon I played theer a number of times. Never saw your name on a flyer there either LOL!! I mean your house party is filled with underage drinking, debauchery, and drug use. Why do you have to bring others down as I recall Mitch was the first one to book you down here. Your track selection is horrific. No one wants to hear tubular bells trance mix from 7 years ago! Get a life and get it together!

Guest JustDade
I have this funny personal philosophy Once a person goes to the lengths to disrespect me publicly, all obligations that I once had to that person are effectively null and void. I'll be old and grey before you see a penny of that hundred dollars. You dare to publicly slander my name on CoolJunkie? That's just pathetic man.

This guy is a real fucking moron. Is that supposed to be a legal argument? If I was you, I would find that fat, stupid fuck and kick the shit out of him.

Mitch, if you read this, I just want you to know that you are a rude, thoughtless pig.

Guest djjoncowan

agree. With dade. Pay your staff you thoughtless pig.. To the cj peeps, this is the type of person we need removed from the forum.. I don't even know you but your a real scumbag mitch... To the highest degree..

Guest I-CON
To the cj peeps, this is the type of person we need removed from the forum...

Not only the forums but the industry in general. This man needs to be run out of town all together. I think a good start would be to compile a list of all the people he owes money to and go from there. He is starting a new $5 monthly event at Xit on Jan 26th and who knows what else. If he has enough funding to host a monthly event with other stuff on the side, he has enough money to pay his debts. All of them. I know he owes a bunch of Senior promoters money from way back when plus all the debts he's created within the last 5 years. I don't mean to bring negativity to the forums or cause a ruckus but this has been going on for way too long and ignoring him doesn't work. Not only is he constantly creating problems with people in the industry, but he is also leaving a trail of virgin venues that are now discouraged from hosting Electronic Dance Music events because of what happened when they gave it a chance. On top of this his website pops up #1 when doing a google search for "electronic music florida" and #1 for "florida raves". Anytime someone new moves down here or is in town for whatever reason or just people who are curious about the EDM scene go looking for people to network with or parties to go to they end up getting sucked into Mitch's Vortex of Crap. One after the other. He gives newcomers a bad image of SFL's EDM Culture and scams people out of their time/energy/money in the process.

Guest jkfunkee
Not only the forums but the industry in general. This man needs to be run out of town all together. I think a good start would be to compile a list of all the people he owes money to and go from there. He is starting a new $5 monthly event at Xit on Jan 26th and who knows what else. If he has enough funding to host a monthly event with other stuff on the side, he has enough money to pay his debts. All of them. I know he owes a bunch of Senior promoters money from way back when plus all the debts he's created within the last 5 years. I don't mean to bring negativity to the forums or cause a ruckus but this has been going on for way too long and ignoring him doesn't work. Not only is he constantly creating problems with people in the industry, but he is also leaving a trail of virgin venues that are now discouraged from hosting Electronic Dance Music events because of what happened when they gave it a chance. On top of this his website pops up #1 when doing a google search for "electronic music florida" and #1 for "florida raves". Anytime someone new moves down here or is in town for whatever reason or just people who are curious about the EDM scene go looking for people to network with or parties to go to they end up getting sucked into Mitch's Vortex of Crap. One after the other. He gives newcomers a bad image of SFL's EDM Culture and scams people out of their time/energy/money in the process.

the "rave industry" died on the east coast back about 2000ish, if ur lookn to get it on raver stylee the midwest & the west coast is where u otta head.