Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DirtyGruv Drives Away DJs (for those who care, please read)

Guest MichaelMnML

Guest stmarc

I find it strange that after hearing Igor Bogatov remark "what a great and promising Dj" (Only about a hundred times) you were, that he would fire you from the Dirty Gruv Crew via text message. I thought Dirty Gruv was an organization that loved techno and I will quote from the Dirty Gruv MySpace page.

{ from http://www.myspace.com/redcommibastard)

"Techno is awesome! You may not realize that it's awesome because it doesn't have epic melodies or pretty vocals, but the more you listen to it the more it grows on you. Techno is mechanical. A lot of people say this is what makes it lame. They're wrong. This is what makes it AWESOME. Robots are fucking cool, and robotic music is therefore cool by default. Once you recognize its inherent awesomeness, the cheesiness of popular dance music becomes unbearable and you find yourself saying "Enough with the breakdowns already! Gimme some fucking rhythm!"

{ quoted from http://www.myspace.com/redcommibastard)

So Dirty Gruv sounds like DIRTY MINIMAL TECHNO GRUV?

{ quoted from http://www.myspace.com/redcommibastard)

Actually, the whole idea of a Dirty Gruv event is one that the patrons can easily talk while DJ’s are mixing?

If a Dj Dirty Gruv actually plays Techno or Minimal Techno they are quickly pulled off the decks and replaced with ones that play house and

non-techno related music. I think that if it is money that Dirty Gruv wants they should move their operation into the commercial sector,

and leave the real sound of “DIRTY MINIMAL TECHNO GRUV†to the DJ’s who actually spin it.

What is actually even more startling is that You “Michael Christopher†are a heavy influence according to ANATOLI RUSSKI's MySpace page(http://www.myspace.com/redcommibastard). You would think that if he was heavily inspired by you he would have enough respect to fire you and take your residency away in person and be a man.

Its always a sad day when any scene thats supposed to be about family, friends, fun, and most importantly, MUSIC gets to this point. I suppose in a 'perfect' world we would all work together, etc. However, this world is far from perfect. All we can do in this situation is what we believe to be right and those steps are already underway. Those who have acted poorly will sleep in the bed they've made. Let this usher in a new era of integrity, kindness, support, warmth and the reason we all got into this in the first place: FUN! Let us take our radio shows, new labels, new crews and new friends and produce, mix, tour and promote some quality, arse shaking, floor smashing music!!

Thx for reading.

Guest bassdropper
I, Michael Christopher, would like to quickly report to the few on this forum who actually care, and that might still be hanging around before pulling the plug on CJ, about the local techno scene and DirtyGruv...

I want to speak for only myself when I say this that I will no longer be working with or for DirtyGruv and/or Igor Bogatov due to unethical business practices. I am of a handfull who have decided to make this change. I will leave it at that, for any who would like to find out more, do as you please, you know how to reach me.

Let this statement serve as my final dealing with DirtyGruv and its manager. I hope the friends that I have made still remain exactly that.....friends, because what we do is all about having fun with those friends and hopefully making a difference with the music one plays or produces. Our artistry and talent is the only thing we must keep intact and unsacrificed at all costs.

So with that being said I wish all my friends great luck, i will be around this town like always, trying to make a difference through the music people party to. :-)

Michael Christopher

I could'nt agree with you more. Also you are right they dont know techno at all. I used support them for the techno, now all they play minimal.

Guest missgroovethang

Michael -- I love you like a younger brother.

Stay focused -- you are an excellent DJ.

I will always support you.

Jessica :)

Guest bassdropper
Hi, Im Hans

I play with myself while l bump some techno

see ya later

niceeeeeeebbumping techno and playing ball is always a great combo

1- New pair of sneakers $75.99

2-A really yummy dinner at Cheesecake Factory for 2- $125.00

Never having to hear minimal again..Priceless!

Guest MichaelMnML
Michael -- I love you like a younger brother.

Stay focused -- you are an excellent DJ.

I will always support you.

Jessica :)

thank you very much Jess...that means a lot coming from you...

It is my hope that, although things might get worse before better, that the music will benefit from this....and in return the Miami underground scene will benefit....

all sides can learn from this, I know I am still as we speak....but in the end the MUSIC has to drive us....and the MUSIC cannot be sacrificed...........ever.......no exceptions...

guys like Three would rather play to 5 people than 500 so that they do not sacrifice their artistry...

the thing that sucks about this is that friends were lost, and I do wish they come back sooner than later.... ;)

Michael