Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sunshine

Guest funky monkey

Guest funky monkey

Did nobody see this sci-fi flick directed by Danny Boyle (28 Days Later, The Beach, Trainspotting)? Watched it this weekend and was pretty impressed.

Kick ass soundtrack - Underworld. Beautiful visuals - a la 2001: A Space Odessy. Acting was decent, story line was not too farfetched and kept me on the edge of my seat once it got going. Recommend it if you like science fiction and are ok with suspending reality a bit while you watch.

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/sunshine/ - It's 50 years from now and the Sun is dying. It is no longer providing the energy and the light that mankind needs to survive on Earth. The entire global community pools its resources to send a mission into space to deliver a bomb to reignite the part of the Sun that is failing. Our story concerns the eight astronauts and scientists who lead this mission. On their journey towards the Sun the crew stumble upon the ship that was sent on the same mission seven years previously, the Icarus I, drifting in space. From this point on things start to go very wrong and it’s about how the crew react under the enormous pressure of their endeavor to save mankind.

Guest Marina22

I wanted to see this since I saw the preview online. Also, was interested to find out it was the same director as the above mentioned movies since I didn't know the director had done all those. Underworld doing the soundtrack even better.. Will rent soon fo sho.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NicoleC

Thank you for this Adriana! We rented it last night. The only thing Mark kept saying every so often was "What a great movie. Why have I never heard of this before?"

Guest funky monkey

YEY!! I'm so glad you guys enjoyed it! Yeah, I'm surprised that this movie didn't get more attention than it did - I really think it deserved it...visuals and soundrack combo were aces!

Guest xbbdc

funky, we did a thread on this movie couple months ago i believe.. it is a great movie and unfortunately didnt get the attention it deserved in the US. it was released over in the UK first.

also, another great "UK" movie is Revolver, directed by Guy Ritchie, stars Jason Statham and has Andre 3000 from Outkast. it was released in 2005 and just recently went into theaters in december... pretty bad, i enjoyed the movie a lot and Guy Ritchie's others... lock stock & two smoking barrels and snatch are great movies as well.

Guest funky monkey

xbbdc, unfortunately many movies that do well overseas and deserve to be seen here are completely underappreciated in the US...very different expectations over here as to what is a "quality" film and what is entertaining.

I agree - Guy Ritchie is a great director. Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels was great and Snatch was hysterical. I'd heard of Revolver but haven't gotten to see it. Based on your taste and recommendation though, I've added it to my Netflix queue (it's not out yet). Thanks for the suggestion.

• 1 month later...