Clubplanet Nightlife Community

City Of Miami Beach Poised To Ban House Parties!!!!

Guest a3buster

Guest a3buster

On Wednesday January 16, 2008, the City of Miami Beach passed on first reading a sweeping and draconian zoning regulation which will ban many social gatherings and simple business transactions in private homes. If you’re caught throwing a baby shower or a birthday party, or if during your spring cleaning you sell four modest items in your house on E-Bay, you will be fined over $42,000.00 – and it can’t be waived by the special master for any reason.

Get the full story and learn how you can prevent it here: http://watcha3.blogspot.com/

Guest musicalmissionary

Sorry guys but it's pretty clear that this ordinance is aimed specifically at stopping VIP-style parties at mansions... not at stopping birthday or Super Bowl parties. I guarantee you that if it passes, they won't go shutting down rich people's birthday parties or Super Bowl parties... as long as they don't have cash bars and VIP bottle service the way most of these VIP-mansion-style parties do.

Bottom line is that the parties they are trying to shut down are just as illegal as a warehouse parties... and for the same reasons. It is unsafe to have a bunch of people gathering to consume alcohol (and drugs) without proper measures in place the way nightclubs and bars are supposed to have. Oh yeah, and it's also not profitable to the city since they collect no taxes from these parties.

So to reiterate... if warehouse parties are illegal then mansion parties should be too.

I know it's an unpopular stance... but fuck it... it's true!

Guest coach

I think they've gone over the line, is the problem. The ordinance is way to broad, as written. Even if it does pass, let's them shut down one VIP mansion party and we'll see how quick they land their ass in court and have the whole mess thrown out.

I'd be really interested to see a bit more info on the origins of the complaints that led to this.

Guest myles hie
I think they've gone over the line, is the problem. The ordinance is way to broad, as written. Even if it does pass, let's them shut down one VIP mansion party and we'll see how quick they land their ass in court and have the whole mess thrown out.

I'd be really interested to see a bit more info on the origins of the complaints that led to this.

Nice little squaresville you got there buddy =)

Guest kmix

before people go passing these stupid laws,they really need to spend the $1.00 at borders or barnes&noble and obtain and READ a little `thing called THE CONSTITUTION!!!

Guest ICON

so.. u mean to tell me if someone throws a babyshower they are goign to get fined up to 42k? Please dont tell me u believe this shit....

This regulation is for parties at places such as million dollar mansions where celebs spend millions to throw private parties.... For example, you know how the Playboy Mansion in Cali hosts numerous events? Things on that scale is what they are trying to prevent.

Guest musicalmissionary

My friend was a VIP hostess at Diddy's New Year's Eve Bash where they were selling bottle service for $500+. If I can't do that at a warehouse I rent downtown then you shouldn't be able to do that at a mansion you rent on Star Island .

Guest myles hie
My friend was a VIP hostess at Diddy's New Year's Eve Bash where they were selling bottle service for $500+. If I can't do that at a warehouse I rent downtown then you shouldn't be able to do that at a mansion you rent on Star Island .

Bottle service at a house party? Is Diddy that hard up?

Guest musicalmissionary
Bottle service at a house party? Is Diddy that hard up?

No... but my guess is that it wasn't really Diddy's party but rather a party put together by some wanna-be celebrity promoter who paid Diddy a fee (like they do at the clubs) and rented a mansion. That's some major cash that dude needs to try to recover...

Guest kmix
so.. u mean to tell me if someone throws a babyshower they are goign to get fined up to 42k? Please dont tell me u believe this shit....

This regulation is for parties at places such as million dollar mansions where celebs spend millions to throw private parties.... For example, you know how the Playboy Mansion in Cali hosts numerous events? Things on that scale is what they are trying to prevent.

i dont care what they are trying to prevent...the minute you have the g-men trying to infringe on peoples right to assemble for ANY reason you are going down a road that can only lead to one place ..and its not somewhere good