Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BBC radio1 party tixx on sale now but...

Guest djbrockstar

You ask the same question for every party that doesn't list the full lineups...but you mis-quote what it actually says. It says Pete Tong and guests.

Pete will play with several of the names that he typically has for this party. Last year was Sharam, Morillo, Hawtin, Zabiela, Fanciulli, and others.

Guest mbongiovi
You ask the same question for every party that doesn't list the full lineups...but you mis-quote what it actually says. It says Pete Tong and guests.

Pete will play with several of the names that he typically has for this party. Last year was Sharam, Morillo, Hawtin, Zabiela, Fanciulli, and others.

better question is what the hell is the deal with the before 2:00 ticket. If you don't get there at 2:20 you pay the $35 for the ticket and then the $80 they will prob charge at the door, for being 20 mins late.

if im gonna consider paying to get into an event im gonna know who is spinning. NEXT

guests/friends same shit

Guest francvi
if im gonna consider paying to get into an event im gonna know who is spinning. NEXT

guests/friends same shit

I actually understand what you mean... I am trying to decide whether to go to Radio 1 poolparty or the Pacha party at the Shelborne, and there is no way I can make an informed decision until the lineup is announced... :cwm21:

Guest DB-CMG

Friday Pool Parties have yet to announce line-ups...

come on ppl... announce that shit already...

props to the juicy family, that announced juicy beach before than everyone...

even though their ticket price is sky high

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ChaaChaa

BBC Radio 1’s Miami WMC Broadcast Schedule

Fri 23rd March

7pm – 10pm (GMT) (2pm-5pm Miami time)

Pete Tong live from Surfcomber Hotel, South Beach in Miami with guests such as Erick Morillo and more.

Sun 25th March

2am-4am

Radio 1’s Essential Mix with live DJ sets from Frankie Knuckles and DJ Dan recorded from the Radio 1 party at Surfcomber Hotel.

Thurs 29th March

9pm-10pm

Pete Tong’s In New Music We Trust

A Miami WMC special with all the latest news and hottest tracks from the Winter Music Conference.

Sun 1st April

2am-4am

Radio 1’s Essential Mix with live DJ sets from Nic Fanciulli, Zames Zabiela, and Richie Hawtin recorded from the Radio 1 party at

Surfcomber Hotel.

Guest djbrockstar
BBC Radio 1’s Miami WMC Broadcast Schedule

Fri 23rd March

7pm – 10pm (GMT) (2pm-5pm Miami time)

Pete Tong live from Surfcomber Hotel, South Beach in Miami with guests such as Erick Morillo and more.

Sun 25th March

2am-4am

Radio 1’s Essential Mix with live DJ sets from Frankie Knuckles and DJ Dan recorded from the Radio 1 party at Surfcomber Hotel.

Thurs 29th March

9pm-10pm

Pete Tong’s In New Music We Trust

A Miami WMC special with all the latest news and hottest tracks from the Winter Music Conference.

Sun 1st April

2am-4am

Radio 1’s Essential Mix with live DJ sets from Nic Fanciulli, Zames Zabiela, and Richie Hawtin recorded from the Radio 1 party at

Surfcomber Hotel.

That's from last year.

Guest wetgrass

why pay $35 for a Pete Tong poolparty @ Surfcomber, go next door to Beatport's poolparties @ the National, .... they're free to the public dude !

:party:

Guest cool1g
why pay $35 for a Pete Tong poolparty @ Surfcomber, go next door to Beatport's poolparties @ the National, .... they're free to the public dude !

:party:

have you ever been to BBC1? usually considered the best daytime event of the conference and sometimes the best party period back when it was at Nikki.

no question Beatport is a great alternative since its free but def not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Guest mbongiovi
have you ever been to BBC1? usually considered the best daytime event of the conference and sometimes the best party period back when it was at Nikki.

no question Beatport is a great alternative since its free but def not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Def not a good comparison, but the BBC Radio 1 party in nothing like it used to be at Nikki, it is more like going to a Space party now than to a radio1 party and it used to be free, it will be 80-100 at the door if you don't get presales and get there before 2:00. One of the reasons it rocked so hard in the past was the vibe and that it was free.

Guest wetgrass

I've been to Radio 1 parties at Nikki's many times, they were rockin' ... and they were free to the public !

I've also been to the Beatport parties, ... they are rockin, but .... they are free to the public !

Guest mbongiovi
I've been to Radio 1 parties at Nikki's many times, they were rockin' ... and they were free to the public !

I've also been to the Beatport parties, ... they are rockin, but .... they are free to the public !

Both are good times, Radio 1 party is not what it used to be though. Still a great party, but no longer free, and a different vibe now that Space runs it. Not necessarily bad, just different and obviously not near as cheep.

Guest mbongiovi

Some more info, if anyone cares, still doesn't give any real ideas of who will be spinning, who cares about interviews.

Pete Tong and Annie Mac are packing their record bags and heading to Miami for sun, pool-side frolics and sets with the dance world's finest.

Pete and Annie will both broadcast live from the party, Pete from 7pm-9pm, Annie from 9pm-11pm on Friday 28th March with a wealth of guests.

Pete Tong will have interviews with Bob Sinclar, Frankie Knuckles, Swedish House Mafia (Axwell, Ingrosso and Angello), Danny Tenaglia, Deadmau5 and the infamous Tommy Lee. There will be a mix from Eric Prydz, and Kissy Sell Out will be out and about chatting to punters and other guests at the party including Fedde Le Grand and Armand van Helden. The PA will be from Sam Sparro.

We'll also be presenting a special Miami Essential Mix from Deep Dish (Dubfire and Sharam) and Cedric Gervais from 3am-5am on the same night.

Annie Mac will talk to guests Calvin Harris and Erol Alkan, have a mini mix from local miami resident DJ Craze and a full mix from Justice. Kissy Sell Out will again be reporting from the pool and the PA will be from Santogold.

Guest francvi
Some more info, if anyone cares, still doesn't give any real ideas of who will be spinning, who cares about interviews.

Pete Tong and Annie Mac are packing their record bags and heading to Miami for sun, pool-side frolics and sets with the dance world's finest.

Pete and Annie will both broadcast live from the party, Pete from 7pm-9pm, Annie from 9pm-11pm on Friday 28th March with a wealth of guests.

Pete Tong will have interviews with Bob Sinclar, Frankie Knuckles, Swedish House Mafia (Axwell, Ingrosso and Angello), Danny Tenaglia, Deadmau5 and the infamous Tommy Lee. There will be a mix from Eric Prydz, and Kissy Sell Out will be out and about chatting to punters and other guests at the party including Fedde Le Grand and Armand van Helden. The PA will be from Sam Sparro.

We'll also be presenting a special Miami Essential Mix from Deep Dish (Dubfire and Sharam) and Cedric Gervais from 3am-5am on the same night.

Annie Mac will talk to guests Calvin Harris and Erol Alkan, have a mini mix from local miami resident DJ Craze and a full mix from Justice. Kissy Sell Out will again be reporting from the pool and the PA will be from Santogold.

Thanks for the info! I can't believe they haven't announced the line-up yet! With only 4 more weeks to go and so many other great parties announced and confirmed! what the hell are they waiting for? They think their parties are so cool that people will buy the tickets regardless? I really wanted to go to Radio 1 but they pissed me off with so much mystery so i ended up getting tickets to Pacha. However, if they have all the people they are interviewing spinning as part of the line up, I have to admit it is going to be a sick party I'll be sorry to miss!:cwm21:

Guest cool1g
Thanks for the info! I can't believe they haven't announced the line-up yet! With only 4 more weeks to go and so many other great parties announced and confirmed! what the hell are they waiting for? They think their parties are so cool that people will buy the tickets regardless? I really wanted to go to Radio 1 but they pissed me off with so much mystery so i ended up getting tickets to Pacha. However, if they have all the people they are interviewing spinning as part of the line up, I have to admit it is going to be a sick party I'll be sorry to miss!:cwm21:

mixes will be from Sharam and Cedric, taped for radio play later that nite, Eric Prydz and Justice. Tong and one of the Swedish House Mafia guys are going to do some sort of 'biggest tracks of the conference' battle as well.

FYI BBC1 has NEVER been about long dj sets....its always just been a great party with the biggest DJs in the world swinging by and hanging out and some of them playing 30-120 minute sets. you go to enjoy the party, not to say i saw DJ XXX play for 3 hours.

Guest mbongiovi
mixes will be from Sharam and Cedric, taped for radio play later that nite, Eric Prydz and Justice. Tong and one of the Swedish House Mafia guys are going to do some sort of 'biggest tracks of the conference' battle as well.

FYI BBC1 has NEVER been about long dj sets....its always just been a great party with the biggest DJs in the world swinging by and hanging out and some of them playing 30-120 minute sets. you go to enjoy the party, not to say i saw DJ XXX play for 3 hours.

Yea, I agree with you when it was a free party actually put on by Radio one, but now it is a space party with the radio one name that cost up to $100 bucks at the door. totally different party from what it was in the past. Not necessary in a bad way, but not the same party.

Guest francvi

Nobody is saying I wanted to see DJ XXX play for 3 hours but if I am going to spend some money on what is supposed to be a cool party I would like to know who is going to be "swinging by and hanging out" and who is going to spin, be it for a minute or for 1 hour.

Guest francvi
Beatport poolparties, they're free and i know who's going to spin ! much better !

Totally agree with you!

Guest xbbdc

can someone tell me how to buy a ticket please!?

i got an email about it but only has a link to get a hotel room from space.