Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Noise_Artistry & Major @ Blue Tuesday, Feb 19th

Guest Major

Guest Major

N o i s e_A r t i s t r y

Born in 1980 in Havana, Cuba, I was introduced to the fascinating world of music through the rich cultural foundations of my place of birth.

At the age of 6 I moved to the home town of my grandparents, Spain and some years thereafter came to the United States. Following the many different forms of music which came into my life through the years, I found a deep connection with the electronic music of underground parties in Miami in 1994.

For me this was a time of changes. The world seemed to evolve and creativity was all around me. Soon thereafter I began collecting vinyl, Future Sounds of London's "We HAVE EXPLOSIVE" being the first! In 1997 I began to spin at house parties and soon after got my first official gig at "Full Moon".

Some djs say they love the rush of controlling the crowd, I say I love the rush of connecting with the crowd. When you get behind two turntables and start playing the songs that you love, teasing and manipulating the sounds, and you see the crowd move and respond to your energy, you feel a real sense of something that will never come again... that moment.

As a local dj in Miami I have had the pleasure of performing at clubs such as Blue, Lolas, W5, PS14, I/O, Soho Lounge, Revolutions (ft. Lauderdale), Players and Nocturnal (downtown miami) and many others, as well as sharing the stage with many talented artists. Some of my greatest artistical influences have been Future Sounds of London, Richie Hawtin, Hardkiss, Kraftwerk, Lamb, Ani Difranco and the likes. Each one of these artists possess something I admire and look up to, whether it's intuitiveness, originality, individuality, innovation, ect.

In 2004 I ventured into sound engineering and went to school at SAE. Just a few weeks into the program my concept of audio really began to deepen and come together in my head. After graduating I received an intership at Audio Vision Recording Studios with the Albert Brothers. I ascended quickly and gained much experience, but also realized that the "top 20's" radio music industry was not for me.

I left the studio after 2 years and put all my concentration into creating my own sound.

EF-FEB19_copy1.jpg

Guest noise_artistry

What an incredible night! The music, the energy, the crowd were all at their best. My first time spinning with Major and it felt like we'd been doing it for years!

Had not had this much fun in a while. Looking forward to a next time!

Guest Major

Thanks to Milay and all who came by on tuesday, for another absolutely superb night. Music progressed intelligently from start to finish and thoroughly appreciated by the trademark "up for it" crowd!

Milay (Noise_Artistry) will return for Funk Phenomena's 2nd year anniversay. 4th March

Guest noise_artistry
Thanks to Milay and all who came by on tuesday, for another absolutely superb night. Music progressed intelligently from start to finish and thoroughly appreciated by the trademark "up for it" crowd!

Milay (Noise_Artistry) will return for Funk Phenomena's 2nd year anniversay. 4th March

Looking forward to it Major!