Clubplanet Nightlife Community

i think i need some advice

echostar

i can not convince my girlfriend that she is not fat, shes seriously convinced that she is but she is definitely not...did this ever happen to anyone else?

------------------

1.jpg2.gifufo.gif

transcend

1. To pass beyond the limits of

2. To be greater than, as in intensity or power; surpass

3. To exist above and independent of (material experience or the universe)

sig.jpg

Unless she is anorexic, bulemic, or follows an unhealthy diet there's not too much you can do about it. Most women have poor body image, but especially teenagers. It can take a long time to become comfortable with your body.

------------------

fsolgirl4.gif Let me take you on a journey into bliss. fsolgirl5.gif

Well, the two ladies pretty much summed it up. Hang in there and keep telling her that she isn't fat. Oh, and don't ever tell her you wish she was thinner, or that another girl looks good if she is thinner than your girlfriend. Believe me, with some women this doesn't go away easily...but if you love her you will put up with it.

Good Luck!

cwm32.gif

------------------

"You never know who might be a Swinger."

Originally posted by bertinnj:

Well, the two ladies pretty much summed it up. Hang in there and keep telling her that she isn't fat. Oh, and don't ever tell her you wish she was thinner, or that another girl looks good if she is thinner than your girlfriend. Believe me, with some women this doesn't go away easily...but if you love her you will put up with it.

Good Luck!

cwm32.gif

you sound like you've learned from experience. you're so right too. i had a boyfriend once who talked about other girl's bodies a lot "look how skinny her arms are" "i think it's sexy when you can see a woman's ribs" and it always felt like a comparison or a put down because i was never skeleton-skinny. one time he even said "i'm afraid you'll get fat if you have a baby" ASSHOLE!!! obviously it's not something i have forgotten. six years later we're still friends and guess who has gained weight and gotten wrinkles on his face....just as much as me!

cwm2.gif

nervewracking isnt it? its stupid, annoying, and shallow. so many girls do it

*every time* they put their damn clothes on!

forget all the BS and dont even try to be honest. even tho you insist she isnt fat, she will assume you tell her what she wants to hear only bc she gives you BJs. its a lose-lose situation.

WOMEN-- stop asking us if we think you look too fat! your men are sick of pampering your bizzarely insecure ego. instead of being so damn dippy, how about worrying if you are too stupid, too self-absorbed, or too inconsiderate of how your fucking fashion show wastes our precious free time?

next time, when she asks "do these pants make me look fat?"

you say, "no, the pants are fine; its your ass that makes you look fat."

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by sirdante:

WOMEN-- stop asking us if we think you look too fat! your men are sick of pampering your bizzarely insecure ego. instead of being so damn dippy, how about worrying if you are too stupid, too self-absorbed, or too inconsiderate of how your fucking fashion show wastes our precious free time?

What's got your panties in a bunch today???

The girl he's talking about is only 14 or 15-what do you expect???

BTW, since we are making sweeping generalizations here--- maybe we women would be less concerned with how we looked if you men weren't always looking at women who are: skinnier/have bigger breasts/have bigger butts/are prettier/have longer legs/the list goes on...

------------------

Originally posted by tastyt:

What's got your panties in a bunch today???

The girl he's talking about is only 14 or 15-what do you expect???

BTW, since we are making sweeping generalizations here--- maybe we women would be less concerned with how we looked if you men weren't always looking at women who are: skinnier/have bigger breasts/have bigger butts/are prettier/have longer legs/the list goes on...

i was addressing the women (of the mortal kind) not the goddesses. present company is always excepted from my sweeping flames! cool.gif i only try to stir it up as a way of getting attention from the likes of your lovely self.

i was only F'in around anyway. i keep my panties very unbunched most of the time! smile.gif

also, i think all women are beautiful (except the ones with no class). tiny titties, bodacious boobies, baby buns, big boots, long hair, short hair, thin, muscular, or even a bit earthy, mmmm... females...

cwm38.gif

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by sirdante:

i was addressing the women (of the mortal kind) not the goddesses. present company is always excepted from my sweeping flames! cool.gif i only try to stir it up as a way of getting attention from the likes of your lovely self.

LOL! To repeat Mouskawitz- flattery will get you everywhere!

------------------

I honestly think most women go through that "I'm so fat!" stage... cwm1.gif ...I myself am just beginning to have more confidence in the way I look. My whole life I've been a little on the chunk side, after I had my son I began to lose weight, and I'm more happy with the way I look! I would say encourage her to work out, or to just eat right...if she starts a diet, start w/ her! If she wants to start working out, Start w/ her! She'll appreciate the support, and eventually be a little more happy with herself, and her appearance. cwm20.gif

Guest xfactor834

Tranc, one quick important note:

The more you tell her that she's NOT fat, and the more you convince her of that...the LESS she's gonna believe you.

Even if you point out 300 pound girls to her, she still won't be convinced.

Someone/thing else is influencing her...probably society.

Take her mind off the weight issue, and when you're in public, or at a restaurant, or in line for a movie, or wherever...reach in behind her head, kiss the back of her neck and whisper to her how beautiful or sexy she looks.

And leave it at that.

No more weight talk =)

------------------

newsig.jpg

As one