Clubplanet Nightlife Community

sirdante reveals the secret about women and nice guys!

stacychase

I think this was an article in Cosmo last month.

However the truth of the matter, is that women like a cross between the two. We like adventure, fun, and someone with similar interests... We don't want a push over, however we don't want an asshole either.

------------------

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward.

alright well i've had a decent amount of gf's...but w/ others i have the nice guy syndrome, i don't understand how i can be both persona's to different people?? and another question, how can you be in the middle of nice and being an asshole. your either a nice guy, or a jerk. should u be a jerk one day and a nice guy the next? i don't comprehend. and what if your nature is good, you can't pretend to be an asshole. i like to treat women with respect. so how is acting nice being phony as you stated in rule 1. i'm not overly nice, like if someone gets on my nerves i let em have a piece of my mind, but if people don't piss me off, i have no reason to be an asshole. enlighten me some more

------------------

finalcopy.jpg

recently, on this board, theres been some talk about the "nice guy syndrome" where guys get sick of being friends with every chick they meet. so, what must a man do 2 get away from "mr nice guy" to become "mr lucky?"

1) first and foremost-- be yourself. even these self proclaimed "nice guys" are being fake. i dont care how nice you are, everybody is at least a little selfish. if you are "mr nice" all the time then you obviously try to hide this selfish side and are therefore not showing all of your true self. be selfish once in a while. you must champion your own self interests! for example, when your prospective bed mate (who is trying to pigeonhole you into the role of "mr friend") begins asking advice from you on which guy she should date, dont be "mr nice" who gives her advice! be real. tell her "look, i dont want to hear about those guys," and change the subject over to what you plan on doing with her on friday night!

2) dont be nice. nice is, well, "nice," or perhaps even "good." dont be nice. be real (see #1 above). girls never lust for "mr nice," nor do they want to spend time with "mr vanilla," nor will they sleep with "mr o.k." if all you have going for you is your niceness, then you need to get a life! find some new interests, go skydiving, take up rock climbing, calligraphy, or anything! dont be a drip.

3) dont be an asshole. just bc you arent "mr nice" doesnt mean you have to be "that asshole." sure, plenty of femmes, some hotties, always put themselves in harms way by going after a dangerous, abusive prick, but the rest of the female population (read the "sane ones") arent looking for someone to smack them around. just bc you arent nice doesnt mean you should be an asshole.

4) be a stand up, straight up, guy. just like #1 above (be real) and #2 (dont be nice) and #3 (dont be an asshole) this bit of advice is all about you. its not that women have a problem with nice guys its that you are using the nice guy syndrome as an excuse for your own failings! if you treat everybody with respect and are honest with yourself and with your lady, you can pretty much say and do whatever you want. this advice is so important i will repeat it: if you treat everybody with respect and are honest with yourself and with your lady, you can pretty much say and do whatever you want. "mr nice guy" doesnt understand this. "mr lucky," however, does understand. knowing how to show and demand respect gives a man the aura of confidence that makes women want him for more than good conversation.

trust me on these things. dont blame the women bc you cant get a date. you need to look at yourself first. if you do what i say, itll be you with the georgeous chick on your arm walking by the bitter, boring "mr nice" who wonders why women always go for other guys!

respectfully,

sirdante cool.gif

------------------

i love music!

Originally posted by clubgodraver:

alright well i've had a decent amount of gf's...but w/ others i have the nice guy syndrome, i don't understand how i can be both persona's to different people?? and another question, how can you be in the middle of nice and being an asshole. your either a nice guy, or a jerk. should u be a jerk one day and a nice guy the next? i don't comprehend. and what if your nature is good, you can't pretend to be an asshole. i like to treat women with respect. so how is acting nice being phony as you stated in rule 1. i'm not overly nice, like if someone gets on my nerves i let em have a piece of my mind, but if people don't piss me off, i have no reason to be an asshole. enlighten me some more

being respectful is not the same as being "nice." nice is a trite platitude used only when no word of substance applies. some men have no substance so they exhibit only "niceness." most ppl regard niceness as synonomous with whimpiness and they are correct. if, in every relationship, you are always the second most important person you are being too nice. thats the basic problem with nice guys-- they think that they have to always give up their own feelings and attitudes to please the other person.

if the other person is a prospective mate, that person would prefer a guy who knows what he wants and knows how to get it to someone who constantly gives up his own satifaction. "mr nice" is always perceived as a person who lacks confidence and self respect. if he doesnt respect himself why would any women believe that he will respect her?

#1 above says dont be nice and #3 says be respectful. your feelings are *never* less important than anothers. in any relationship, it helps both ppl if they each respect everyones feelings and opinions.

i am not telling you to be an asshole. i am only saying that if you keep finding yourself filling the role of nice guy, then you need to check yourself. most women dont want an asshole for a lover. similarily, most women dont want a guy who covers his own insecurities with whimpy platitudes.

niceness alone is not a virtue. to please a woman, a nice guy must also bring along large measures of both self respect and confidence.

------------------

i love music!