Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Transit / Sat review

jaybny

WOW! sat - transit was my best club night in chicago so far...

I actually showed up at Transit on friday at about 3am, hoping to catch the last hour... But the only one that was left was the doorman, and he was locking up!! So I made friends with him, and now will never have to wait on line at transit smile.gif

I got there on sat around 1am, I wasnt expecting much, definatly wasnt expecting a $20 cover... As soon as I walked in I liked the place, the setup was awsome, people were there to party... good vibe.

Everyone was saying how much Transit reminds them of Shelter, they even have the same bouncer at the VIP room. (any shelter old-scholers here?)

I go down stairs to chill.. I got rolls in under 2 minutes, I didnt even have to try hard at all. For some reason it impossibe for me to find a solid hook-up for rolls in chicago.. and all other clubs are either dry as a bone.. or they are selling shit for $30...

The music(downstairs) was awsome.. but most of the songs were from 98 in ny...

Only negatives were.. the bouncer for the upstairs vip room was a total prick.. and a fight almost broke out downstairs...

overall.. this place has mad potential...

plur

dj jb

Transit definitely has a lot in common with the old shelter and Oscar (the doorman at the bottom vip) is from the old shelter vip. As for the crowd and music I will have to wait and see. But, the layout is pretty nice and the fact that I know a lot of the people that work there doesn't hurt, neither does the fact that I was rolling my ass off on Friday.

theshadow <---- cfugitt, small name change.

------------------

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Ok, so if I had to pick one place, do I go to Transit or Crobar? What time do the clubs close there? Looks early if jaybny tried to get in at 3 and nobody was even there!

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX

Chicago clubs close:

Sun - Fri @ 4 a.m.

Sat @ 5 a.m.

If you want to stay out late Sat you could either go to Rednofive or Crobar depending on what kind of music you're into, both are open till 5 a.m.... smile.gif

TRANSIT is a new club & only got a license to stay open till 2 a.m. Thur/Fri & Sat till 3 a.m. frown.gif

The City of Chicago is cracking down really

hard on clubs & raves....

ttfn

Miss.Moneypenny

Transit sounds like its money but why does it have to close so early? Maybe I should start at Transit and end at Crobar. THanks for the info.

<<<PEACE>>>

------------------

"...I'm going to show them a world, without you. A world without rules and

controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible.

Where we go from there is the choice I leave to you." -THE MATRIX