Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I can't beleive the Nerve of some people

p-poppin

I had someone from New York email me and said that the only cool club In Chicago is Crobar. I happen to think that there are plenty of cool clubs in Chicago. What about Buzz, and Rive Gauche, and White Star, and Transit, and Circus, and the list goes on and on.... Anyone else agree? Let's show these New Yorkers that Chicago has a good scene too..

Chicago has a pretty killer scene but honestly, PURE throws the best parties and they are primarily only @ 2 clubs, Crobar and Redno5. Just think these people from NY get spoiled w/ the best djs which bumps up the credibility of some of there clubs. We've got some really cool clubs I just think we need more promoters to get bigger, international line-ups and this conversation wouldn't even exist.

I take it back, crobar is not the only good place in chicago. I have to add that redno5, the fifth floor, and transit on fri are decent too.

As for the clubs you mentioned, they suck, theyre for stuck up dorks like you

tommy

As far as being spolied i dont think so, i just think that since nyc is much bigger then chitown, we have more ppl that are into it therefore clubs can afford bigname djs.

I mean pvd was at crobar and the place was full but nothing like when you go see him @twilo.

Places like whitestar give chicago bad name

[This message has been edited by diesel77 (edited 11-16-2000).]

Well i think Chi-town is pretty good. I have only been here a year (from the UK) and i have to say you have no where near as much choise as my home town (which is 5 times smaller).

The crobar is great, they get some great names in... it's just far too small for the amount of people they pack in. When i go out i go to dance and you just carn't in the crobar.

But there is also a great underground scene here if you did a little deeper.

Also look at NY, most of the clubs are based around the gay scene. Twilo (Ex SF) made it's money with the popular JV gay nights.. i dont know what happened in Chicago (what ever happened to the warehouse).

It's all good, but chicago need more clubs.

Chicago, and ANY place, is what you make of it. If it sucks to you, you will have a bad attitude when you go out and then the night will suck. But if you go ANYWHERE in Chicago thinking you will have a good time....well it is what you make of it. I have been to White Star and HATED it, then gone back another night, met some new people, saw old friends....and had a great time. You can't be so "stright" thinking....Crobar sucks sometimes too, and I love that place....but sometimes it gets on my nerves, it is to hot...yata yata. You get the point smile.gif

------------------

"Perhaps if the world had been a little more fair, a little more tolerable, a little more intelligent, understanding, that if you don't treat people with respect, with equality, with dignity, then you create a world of chaos and confusion where every single human being is the LOOSER. Perhaps if the world was kinder then maybe some of our greatest voices would still be with us today."

Chicago, and ANY place, is what you make of it. If it sucks to you, you will have a bad attitude when you go out and then the night will suck. But if you go ANYWHERE in Chicago thinking you will have a good time....well it is what you make of it. I have been to White Star and HATED it, then gone back another night, met some new people, saw old friends....and had a great time. You can't be so "stright" thinking....Crobar sucks sometimes too, and I love that place....but sometimes it gets on my nerves, it is to hot...yata yata. You get the point smile.gif

------------------

"Perhaps if the world had been a little more fair, a little more tolerable, a little more intelligent, understanding, that if you don't treat people with respect, with equality, with dignity, then you create a world of chaos and confusion where every single human being is the LOOSER. Perhaps if the world was kinder then maybe some of our greatest voices would still be with us today."