Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Who's the oldest clubber in here?

scratchapella

I saw this question on the NYC board a while ago. I was just wondering b/c a lot of people complain about the age range of people at certain clubs (usually that they're too young). But think about it, how young were you when you first started clubbing? I was only 17.

So, who here is the oldest(how old are you?) and how old were you when you first started?

I was 18 when I started. At the time, there were a few places like Limelight, which got raped and turned into excalibur, Medusa's which was on school and sheffield in Chicago, and Macgreevey's on golf in Niles. then I stopped for a real long time and started up again. I'm 30 now.

DEr

I was sixteen when I started going to raves, then 17 I used to go to the Riv when it was a dance club. And then... I can't believe I am going to admit this... I worked at the Paladrome from 17-19.. Then I went away to college so clubbing stopped. No clubs in college town. I am now 23 and just started up again after I graduated last December 99.

der, your an old fart :P kidding you can chill with us kiddo's anytime smile.gif

it's ok, I am going to be 30 by the time this post goes off... why is this thing so darn SLOW!!!!!

I'm close to DER. I started off with Medusa's back in 1990 when I was 17, now 10 years later at 27, I still like to go.

Too bad none of my pals like to go anymore ! cwm14.gif

D-Jam

<A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.osmag.com" TARGET=_blank> osmagfooter.gif </A>

I started at about 16/17 and I just turned 24 on the 1st but I wasn't a regular (I used to go once or so a month) I've been a regular just about every weekend for 2 &1/2 years so take it for what you want

Reason why I brought this up (in addition to just being curious) was b/c I felt like I was much younger than the rest of the board here. I hate all this age discrimination shit at clubs, 20 somethings complaining about the "kids" being everywhere. I wish they would think back to when they started clubbing and realize, "Oh! [smacking themselves HARD on the forehead] I was their age when I first started."

Of course it doesn't help when all your peers don't know their limit w/liquor & drugs and show up at clubs like that all the time. Embarassing.

I guess I'm just pissed b/c I got turned away at Red's (place in DC) last weekend. And college parties sometimes just don't cut it (top forty, cheesy rap/hip-hop, fluffy house).

All the "kiddies" on this board can empathize, right?

Anyways, I think I'm the youngest one here, 19.

scratch,

I'm one of those partying 30-yr olds also, and I say kids are always welcome.. The more outgoing, fun, and energy the better.. whether it comes from an 18 yr old or a 23 yr old or a 30 yr old or a 50 yr old.

Are you going to be back in Chicago for Oakenfold?

Dayamn, it looks like Tranceaction and B2B win this one. 12 years?! GOod lord, sometimes I wonder if I'll make it through college. Anyways, it was nice learning more about y'all on the board.

Tranceaction- I'm gonna be in DC for Oakenfold, he'll coming in April to a venue here called Nation. But Paul Oakenfold? ehh. . .maybe if the tickets are cheap enough, but I doubt that. (his style kinda getting repetitive and played out, and his ego doesn't help much either)