Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza 2001

back2basics-

Ok Bringiton are fairly cheap so are <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.experianceibiza.com." TARGET=_blank>www.experianceibiza.com.</A>

If there are a few of you going then look in to a Villa, it can cost less and you can crank the music up. We used Villa's International in CA, they are on the Web. Dave Kendal dealt with us. Then just book a flight.

Try and go for the closing parties (don't know why i am telling everybody this they will be more packed for us), they are 10x better than mid year. We are hitting up loads of the closing parties.

Here is my Ibiza FAQ got some usefull info and tells you all about the clubs and the nights. But as a good rule when you get there get a taxi down to Cafe Mambo in San Antonio(all the Taxi people know it), pick up a free copy of Mixmag to see whats going on that week. Also you can get your 'Elements' down there, you won't have to look far wink.gif

Hey Wombat i was just on my way out on Sat.. keep meaning to ring you i just have loads of shit to sort at the moment. I will fill you in.

Ibiza faq .doc"]http://bbs.clubplanet.com/ubb/uploads/back2basics-/IbizaFAQ[1].doc

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

[This message has been edited by back2basics- (edited 04-11-2001).]

No everybody says every year that Ibiza is Commercial and to some extent it is. Ibiza gets 2 Million visitors a year and a good percentage of them are clubbers.

The UK record industry is now looking to Ibiza for what will sell well. A big song in Ibiza is almost certain to go to number 1 in a big part of Europe.

But it's what you make it. For instance Es Paradice will have a comericial night on one day then a more underground night the next. There is a new place called DC10 that not many people know about. It's held in an old aircraft hanger and it's mainly locals and a few other people.

The bigger clubs charge quiet a bit for drinks to keep the young British kids out. And places like Cafe Mambo (where people go to watch the sunset) will never be commersial because they are just so cool. To have John Digweed playing to 200 people sitting on a Beach watching the sunset will never loose it's appeal.

As for Mykynos it's not really in the same league. There is a big gay scene there and i here some good nights. But you don't have places like Pacha or Space there. And it doesn't attract the huge amounts of big names. Besides it's not just the clubs or the huge amount big names, Ibiza has a magic to it. It used to be a hippie colony in the 60's. Then in the 80's it was a playground for the stars. Even though places like San Antonio (don't ever stay there by the way) are over run by Tourism you can still get away from it all.

Ok that my sales pitch on Ibiza over wink.gif

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Dayamn you know alot, B2B! Thanks for the info. You seem so seasoned in this whole club culture and know-how thing. When I grow up (according to my fed-up family, it should be soon. . .), I wanna be just like you! kekeke, really though, how many years have you been like this?

Originally posted by scratchapella:

Dayamn you know alot, B2B! Thanks for the info. You seem so seasoned in this whole club culture and know-how thing. When I grow up (according to my fed-up family, it should be soon. . .), I wanna be just like you! kekeke, really though, how many years have you been like this?

SHUT UP!! wink.gif

he he, no just been clubbing for too long to be good for my health, so i know how all that works. And i have been to Ibiza for 7 time, so i know how that works as well. Basically just about every holliday i have had has been going clubbing so i have been just about everywhere. Run nights at clubs run parties and DJed, so i know the scene inside out... unfortunatly.

I grew up, like most people do, when shit happened cwm1.gif

------------------

b2b6.GIF

Anywhere but San Antonio.

Most of the clubs are either in San Antonio or Ibiza town (or on the road in between).

Ibiza town is really nice place to stay, but expensive(ish), Playa Den Bossa is a great place to stay and it's close to Space (the club) which is probably the best club in the world.

If your looking for villas try Villas international (just search on the web).

------------------

b2b6.GIF

I'm heading to Ibiza July 1 - 8 with another friend. I'm going throught BringItOn Travel. I've never been before so I'm really excited but I'm looking for any tips on what to do.

------------------

"You better start livin it now cause if you're waitin for the later then you wastin the now"

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Anywhere but San Antonio.

Most of the clubs are either in San Antonio or Ibiza town (or on the road in between).

Ibiza town is really nice place to stay, but expensive(ish), Playa Den Bossa is a great place to stay and it's close to Space (the club) which is probably the best club in the world.

If your looking for villas try Villas international (just search on the web).

Cool! Thanks for your help B2B!

------------------

Martini-01.gif