Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Richie Hawtin

back2basics-

Well after having my <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> blag, totally blown out of the water wink.gif FIrst time i have been to RedNo5, but it won't be the last. That is a very cool venue, i love the way it's laid out and the different levels and the crowd seem pretty cool.

Anyway John Aquaviva stole the show Saturday. He totally rocked the basement, Richie actually let him keep going a little longer i think, before stripping it right back and starting again. Some people didn't seem to get that, but i think he had to. John had kept the pace of the night very high and the only place Richie could have taken it was down.

Anyway great night, just off to buy my RedNo5 card now.

------------------

I want to go out blazing..not fade away.

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

B2B, shmoozin the bouncers, hey whatever it takes right? I don't know how you could stand to be on that dancefloor for that long? You must have been dying. So what's going on this weekend? Besides Crobar, hype night on saturday.

------------------

buzzy_mad_md_wht.gif

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

B2B- barely saw you that night, where were you?

All over, most of the night i was on the dancefloor near the booth or further back.

But i was chatting with a bouncer for a while and exploring. Door staff there are excelent, really freindly. It was hot, but it was better up stairs, they said they had the aircon on full, but it's not good enough for that many people.

------------------

Trust in the currency of relationships, it's hard to earn but easy to loose - back2basics

b2b6.GIF

Originally posted by back2basics-:

Anyway John Aquaviva stole the show Saturday. He totally rocked the basement, Richie actually let him keep going a little longer i think, before stripping it right back and starting again. Some people didn't seem to get that, but i think he had to. John had kept the pace of the night very high and the only place Richie could have taken it was down.

I totally agree. I'm sorry I didnt' get to meet any of you (although I admit I was a lil nervous about meeting up w/you older peeps). But I got in alright (yay!) and I ran into someone I knew from high school. . .he's a BOUNCER there! Funny how things work out.

cwm32.gif

B2B, what happened w/your <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> ?

[This message has been edited by scratchapella (edited 05-16-2001).]

I would have kept an eye out for ya but I would have felt funny asking any girl in the club with silver pants if her name was scratchappella, and don't be intimidated by our ages. Just because we have grey hair doesn't mean we can't have fun. cwm2.gif

Just kidding, we're all kids at heart.

------------------

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."

-T. S. Eliot, "Four Quartets"

It was a cool time. Everyone was pretty cool, the drummer guy was a little strange I guess. He just kept talking and I was having the worst time keeping up with half the stuff he was saying.

No problem getting home, but the sunlight was definitely hurting my eyes. Not much movement from me on Sunday.

Can't wait to go it again. cwm11.gif

------------------

"What we call the beginning is often the end. And to make an end is to make a beginning. The end is where we start from."

-T. S. Eliot, "Four Quartets"

Originally posted by scratchapella:

I totally agree. I'm sorry I didnt' get to meet any of you (although I admit I was a lil nervous about meeting up w/you older peeps). But I got in alright (yay!) and I ran into someone I knew from high school. . .he's a BOUNCER there! Funny how things work out.

cwm32.gif

B2B, what happened w/your <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guestlist</A> </A> ?

[This message has been edited by scratchapella (edited 05-16-2001).]

Older peep!?!? smile.gif

Anyway i tried to tell them i was with New City and i was there to review it, and my office had phoned through. So when he said there was no New City list i said there must have been a mix up after the change of venues.. he went away to think about it, but wasn't having any of it.. never mind.

------------------

b2b6.GIF

hey scratchapella,

yeah we all went around approaching every asian girl if it was you..

surprisingly enough we got 5 YES answers and pretty soon a harem developed.

of course my view of that night might be skewed because of whatever i ingested that night..

nothing like bad clams to make one hallucinate.

Originally posted by bouncyboy:

B2B good try, I wouldn't have thought of that, I am sure it would work at some places, just keep on tryin..

No i am trying the fail safe method next.

------------------

b2b6.GIF