Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DJ Mea?

fiatmusica

could you be a little more specific in what you're looking for?

i looked at her site www.djmea.com and was suprised to learn she's based here since i've never heard her (at least that i know of). [i have heard of her though] It's also suprising that if she is still based here that she doesn't have a residency here. But she wouldn't be the first Chicago DJ to get better recognition outside of Chi-Town.

That said--if the samples on her site are representative--her spinning doesn't do that much for me...i could listen to it in the background while i'm at work, but i don't think i'd go to a club to see her spin.

------------------

Disco-02.gif

[This message has been edited by fiatmusica (edited 05-29-2001).]

• 2 weeks later...

She's hot as hell and is featured in DMA magazine this month. She is being called the Madonna of the female DJs

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man

Originally posted by dmerces:

She's hot as hell and is featured in DMA magazine this month. She is being called the Madonna of the female DJs

People were calling DJ Rap the Madonna of DJ's two years ago...

This topic of female djs and their appearances was pretty much beaten to death on the pure board about two weeks ago (i think the thread was titled female djs and it was started by bubbles)

anyhow, appearance is meaningless for djing. and outside of the glam clubs substance will win over style every time.

IMHO the whole Superjane crew (Heather, Dayhota, Colette)+ the Hard-house siters (Psycho-Bitch) + Teri Bristol, and of course the board favorite Angelist are all more talented than Mea.

And as for looks, so what...If britney spears realizes she can't sing and becomes a DJ (hey--not that much of a stretch..look at boy george + perry farrell) would you go to see her just for her looks?

------------------

Fiatmusica....

When the music's over....

turn out the lights

Originally posted by arawn:

People were calling DJ Rap the Madonna of DJ's two years ago...

This topic of female djs and their appearances was pretty much beaten to death on the pure board about two weeks ago (i think the thread was titled female djs and it was started by bubbles)

anyhow, appearance is meaningless for djing. and outside of the glam clubs substance will win over style every time.

IMHO the whole Superjane crew (Heather, Dayhota, Colette)+ the Hard-house siters (Psycho-Bitch) + Teri Bristol, and of course the board favorite Angelist are all more talented than Mea.

And as for looks, so what...If britney spears realizes she can't sing and becomes a DJ (hey--not that much of a stretch..look at boy george + perry farrell) would you go to see her just for her looks?

Ok I think Britney Spears is an extreme example because if you put her behind the decks in any club there would be thousands of guys waiting to get in no matter how good she is. But as far as Mea goes the thread is, "Whats your opinion.I need to know." and I answered that. I think she is hot and is featured in DMA magizine this month. I don't know anything about whether she is good or not, just how hot she is. Is she a good DJ or just a sex symbol that mix records together I don't know and won't know until I hear her spin. Thats just my opinion.....

------------------

"Anybody can mix two records together but it takes a DJ to be able to do it creativley and make new sound out of that music" --A great wise man

"Spinning is like creating a new world in that room for that one night. You create a one night oblivion where nothing outside that room matters, all that matters is feeling the music and loving every second of it." --Another great wise man