Clubplanet Nightlife Community

BALTIMORE on the move

djkrafty

Baltimore is going to be on the move in the beginning of 2001. Keep your eye out for, "TRUST". TRUST is located at the intersection of Calvert and Redwood just a few blocks up from the inner harbor. TRUST once was an old bank and some of the decor remains. It has huge vault doors that still remain and the decor is really nice. It has 2 floors and can easily hold 1,000 people. The venues are going to be among the best and be second only to NY's hot spots. But! It will seem like a satellite version on NY because it will feature some of NY's finest. Victor Calderone is already booked for the grand opening party. Another interesting fact is that Phazon Inc. ,the team that did the sound system for TWILO is designing the sound for TRUST. TRUST is definately something to an ear open for.

[This message has been edited by djkrafty (edited 08-26-2000).]

WOw, that sounds really, really cool! But do you think that Baltimore has a large enuf following? Will there be international guest DJs? Thats really cool that Phazon is doing the sound system - I was at Twilo last Friday for S&D...and I still cannot get over how great the digital system is! Is TRUST's system going to be anolog or digital? And finally one more question...how late will this place be open till?

Well, I live in Baltimore but always travel to either DC or NYC on weekends - it'll be nice to have a venue in Baltimore that can match those cities!

Peace

I work at 1722 as a DJ and light man. TRUST is going to be completely independant of 1722. Club 1722 was prodominately gay about 3-5 years ago. If you go there now it is about 70% straight and 30% gay. TRUST is only going to be open until 4 am and 1722 is still going to be its usual 2am-6am. The only connections between TRUST and 1722 is that one of the owners of TRUST is also the majority owner of 1722.

From what I heard, Baltimore’s 1722 will close down and reopen as Trust. 1722 plays great music, but it’s a gay club. I went there twice, and both times there was tons of topless sweaty guys and like 5 girls to a club. Hopefully Trust is gonna be more hetero-sexually oriented…

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...