Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WHITE PARTY AT NATION

exstaci

It's actually on at Buzz on Friday night too:

FRIDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2000:  THE WHITE PARTY/LASER SHOW

Special Admission:  $15 all night

Admission Discount -- Receive $3 off if you wear all white -- not just a white t-shirt or just a pair of white pants.  We mean a white costume or outfit.  John Tab will be the judge at the ticket booth, so dress spiffy!

<Otherwise if you wear just one article of white clothing you get in for the $15 admission.  You can still enter if you don't wear white clothing, but make this night special by dressing the part!!!>

Hmmm....no DJs that I really know at Buzz this Friday other than Scott Henry. Oh well, Sandra Collins at 5 on Sat...wish she were at Buzz on Friday instead.

Not too keen on the vibe at 5.

Extasci...you seem to have the scoop on Velvet nation...never been - whats it like? I know its a gay party, but whats the crowd like, ie, how would a straight male and/or females fit in there...what sort of music do they generally play (eg, hard house, trance, progressive house, happy house, breaks, etc)?

Lata

------------------

Raving is a state of mind.

It has nothing to do with what you wear, how old you are or how you look.

Its all about the vibe!

Hmmm...I might check it out, but happy , happy is DEF. not my style (had enough of that the couple of times I was at Centro-fly Saturdays). I'm more the dark progressive kind (Sasha & Digweed style), or anything hard...tho...I should give it a shot once before I make up my mind!

Who's DJ Billy Carol...never seen his name on the Twilo e-mails.

------------------

Its all about the vibe!

Raver-mania...

I wouldn't say I have the scoop, but I have been there all but 3 weekends since July 1st when I moved to DC...

Saturday night is definately catered to the gay crowd, but I would say it's about 80% gay with the other 20% comprised of straight men and women who a) love to dance and not worry about the place being a meatmarket or B) needs a comfortable environment to enjoy certain vitamins..

I'm a straight girl, and I have never noticed men being "bitchy" to me...I would say as long as you are capable of having fun and dancing your ass off, that Velvet Nation is one of the more hospitable places in DC. I feel very comfortable there and usually stay until 6:00 am at least. People who have negative things to say about it on Saturday night probably have never been there. Anything goes, and there are everything from a few drag queens, to hundreds of shirtless men, to women dressed up to the tee, and hundreds of raver/clubbing types. I would say there are at least 2000 people there on a Saturday night, but it doesn't seem that crowded because it's so big. I prefer the small dance floor because the DJ rocks and the lights are closer to you.

It's worth checking out, and I would say at least 75% of the people there are rolling, so move over Disneyland, Velvet may just be the happiest place on earth! :-)

Maybe after the holidays, we can do a DC Clubplanet.com meet up there!

Exstaci,

I definitely should check it out then...but again, a big concern for me is the kind of music they play. I like the darker progressive house, or anything hard...but not necessarily the happy house. Thats one reason I like Buzz@Nation on Friday nights(rotating line-up)...plus thats not a meat-market either (IMO). The only problem there is that the door security is so strict that anything more would be a violation of my civil rights!!!

Yeah, we should try to get a clubplanet meet-up going...since no-one really showed up at 5 last Sat...

Have you heard Sandra Collins...she's playing at 5 this Sat - maybe we can TRY to get this meet-up thing going again!

smile.gif

Peace

------------------

Its all about the vibe!

I understand your concern about the music, and the two rooms differ greatly...the small room (blue room) is more happy gay music (which I refer to as Gay Bar Car music), and the main hall is more house oriented, though there are mixes of happy gay music like Zombie Nation and such...I don't know if you roll or not, but if so, Velvet is really really inviting. There is next to no security at Nation...I was searched at Mango for Paul Van Dyk, and was shocked because I go every Saturday night, and have never even been asked to take anything out of my pockets. the only security, SOMETIMES, is in the bathroom...but the bathrooms are unisex on Saturday so you can imagine what goes on there...

I definately want to do the meet up thing!

Originally posted by exstaci:

I understand your concern about the music, and the two rooms differ greatly...the small room (blue room) is more happy gay music (which I refer to as Gay Bar Car music), and the main hall is more house oriented, though there are mixes of happy gay music like Zombie Nation and such...I don't know if you roll or not, but if so, Velvet is really really inviting. There is next to no security at Nation...I was searched at Mango for Paul Van Dyk, and was shocked because I go every Saturday night, and have never even been asked to take anything out of my pockets. the only security, SOMETIMES, is in the bathroom...but the bathrooms are unisex on Saturday so you can imagine what goes on there...

I definately want to do the meet up thing!

Whats the cover on Sats?? Hmmm..unisex bathrooms huh..hehehe.. smile.gif

I'd like to go, but I'm pretty sure none of my friends will want to. I'll have to think of something...

Do I roll...hehehe..thats like asking if the sun comes up in the morning!!

Millele...whassup? Are you feeling better? I have so much work this week, its not even funny! frown.gif

------------------

Its all about the vibe!

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 12-05-2000).]

Velvet nation is mostly gay, although there are quite a few straight men/women there. I've heard rumours about it being a bit bitchy towards women there sometimes, but I've never had any problems on the few nights I've been. music wise - happy happy handbag - probably not to your taste r_m if you're a twilohead, although if you're like me you'll dance to anything when you're wasted. check it out and let us know what you think?

I've always had a good time when I've been, and like I said have never had any problems with anyone being less than friendly. It's certainly a feast for the eyes!!! music wise though it's handbag through and through.

still I'd be up for going sometime - although the m3 parties at the edge have been so good on saturdays recently that there is my preferred location!!

Originally posted by resident:

sex while tweaking? hey, done that this weekend! poor girl, she was really freaked out when i decided that watching the bathtub come alive was more fun...

brrrr..... tweaky! cwm31.gif

Wow, talk about a blow to the ego...

hmm...none of my business, but it'd be nice to know how the "bathtub came alive".

------------------

Its all about the vibe!

Originally posted by raver_mania:

Wow, talk about a blow to the ego...

hmm...none of my business, but it'd be nice to know how the "bathtub came alive".

Being the true gentleman that I am, I apologized later! cwm25.gif

I imagine that there is a number of ways to make the bathtub come alive, but my preferred route that day was candy-flipping. What can I say - it was Saturday morning and there wasn't a whole lot of other stuff to do...