Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Review of Sandra Collins at 5

kramadas

Well, I have to say that this was probably my best night at 5. The vibe was unreal (for 5)...at least in front of the DJ booth where we hung out for most of the night. We got there early, around 11:30pm or so - at this time the club was quite empty. The DJ was spinning some relatively slow paced trance, but within the next hour the pace picked up..IMO the turning point came when "The Bagiuo Track" came on. I'm not sure exactly what time Sandra Collins took over the decks, but she kept the dance-floor in liquid motion with her signature style dark progessive trance. By this time I was well into my "zone" and started dancing non-stop with my crew and the cool people around us. I guess there were quite a few New Yorkers in house - the Twilo shirt I was wearing happened to draw quite a bit of attention. I was maybe able to recognize two songs that Sandra Collins played - the rest was new to me, and had the dance floor bouncing like crazy. However, I have to hand it to the DJ who came on after Ms Collins...his track selection and mixing were impeccable. He started off with some break-beat, slowly moving over to brilliant hard progessive house/trance. By about 4am I was close to exhaustion - however the DJ was relentless, for at this point he decided to drop some phenomenal hard tracks. In fact, I would go so far as to describe this as coming close to a Sasha & Digweed night at 8am (and thats saying a lot considering that S&D are my favourite DJs). At 5am (the time I left), the music had shifted over to vocal trance, with a hard backbeat thrown in. Wow is all I can say.

All in all, if we keep getting these sort of line-ups, and more people like the kind that showed up on Sat, 5 will truly be well on its way to becoming like Twilo or Buzz.

G and Eggmok - what happend to you guys??

PS: There was also some guy with a video camera, filming the dancefloor (maybe we'll be on the news soon???).

I have to say that 5 does have a very mixed clientele - the few times I ventured off the dancefloor, I saw an amazing number of people dressed in suits and blazers.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 12-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 12-11-2000).]

As soon as I leave DC it gets good! Damn, it

sounds like 5 was fun - great review.

There were cameras Friday night at Deep Dish

as well. Not sure what was going on but

they were mostly filming Dubfire mixing

while Sharam was on the dancefloor!

Next Friday will be Timo Maas/Graham/Alexander at Buzz...I wouldn't

miss it if I was in DC. As for me, a much needed clubbing break. No club a dub dub for me...

------------------

4 9 7 23 5 5 4

• 10 years later...