Clubplanet Nightlife Community

C'mon DC!

cgm

Why is this board always so dead? Lets get some life in here! ANywho, Im coming down this weekend to visit my alma mater (U of M)amd planning to go out in DC Saturday-where should I go? Any big goings on this weekend? Im missing S&D at Twilo, so make it worth my while!

well, it all depends on what you're looking for. platinum is more of a "scene," and they usually play the cheesier music, like zombie nation and such. it's a much larger space than 5 - it actually used to be a bank back in the day, and there's a huge, gorgeous chanderlier in the middle. there's also a hip hop room in the basement.

5 is a much smaller space, so be prepared to wait in lines for everything - bar, bathrooms, coat check. 5 plays much better music, but most of the people there don't even know the music and are there to check each other out. lots of hookup action at both places, which is annoying.

bottom line: if you're going for the music, go to 5. if you want to see more of a scene, go to platinum or to 5, but in 5 you won't be able to move around. my 2 cents!

Originally posted by millele:

yeah, seriously, no big dj's in dc this weekend, but 5 is my club of choice. but try to go even before midnight to avoid waiting in lines. or you can check out glow at zei, like raver_mania said, at <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.clubglow.com." TARGET=_blank>www.clubglow.com.</A> pick up a city paper when you get into town to check out other club listings.

no big DJs in town this weekend?? Luke Slater?? Dave Ralph?? fairly big if you ask me (OK, not Sasha & Digweed, but still going to be a top night at Nation on Friday..)

have fun in nyc! see you there for the big twilo weekender..... smile.gif

if you're looking for house, you can't go wrong with....

Saturday

Red

Address: 1802 Jefferson Pl, NW DC

Ages: 21+

Cost: $10

Time: 10pm - 6am

Music: House

Lineup: 95 North (Doug Smith) (bi-weekly) and guest DJs

Sunday

Sunday Shoutin'

Address: 1214 18th St. NW DC

Cost: $6

Time: 6pm - 12am

Lineup: Stevie G and weekly guests

The Underground Soul Solution

Address: 1802 Jefferson Pl, NW DC

Cost: FREE!!!

Time: 11pm - 3am

Lineup: Sam "The Man" Burns

There is also this on Saturday (I guess it depends what you're in the mood for).....have fun whatever you end up doing!

SUBTLE PLEASURES

STELLAR

WHEN: Saturday January 27, 2001

WHERE: THE EDGE NIGHTCLUB

TIME: 10pm - 6am

PRICE: $20

PARTY GROUP: young adult party

MUSIC: TRANCE/HOUSE/DRUM n BASS

DJ'S: various

DRESS: Casual Anything

DIRECTIONS: The Edge Nightclub 56L Street, NW Washington DC.

ADDITIONAL INFO: SUBTLE PLEASURES Saturday January 27, 2001 @ The Edge Nightclub. A night full of sensual bliss and erotic beats. STELLAR will transform the Edge into a heavenly playground to arouse your every sense! From the sound to the lights, come prepared for an extreme arousal of the soul!

**SURPRISE GUEST INTERNATIONAL DJ - To Be Announced!!!** along with .... Chris Fortier: (Fade/Engine Recordings/Balance, USA) As both founder of Fade Records and co-founder of Balance Promote Group, there is no doubt that Chris Fortier is one of the leaders of America's progressive house scene. Alongside partner Neil Kolo, Fortier has produced a number of chart stormers and has remixed a host of artists including Delerium, BT, Sam Mollison and many others. **extended DJ set**

Doc Scott + MC Justiyc: (31 Records, UK) "Doctor, Doctor" is the familiar catch phrase you will hear when one of the UK's most original junglists takes the decks. As co-founder of the Metalheadz dynasty, Doc Scott and his sidekick Mc Justiyc have been residents at the Blue Note sessionz since day one, as well as taking the sound of the future worldwide every year.

BLIM: (Botchit & Scarper/Hooj Choons/Released, UK) Driven by a fascination with all things breakbeat, BLIM moved from the ranks of the UK's explosive Drum & Bass scene to quickly conquer the budding Nu Skool movement. One of the most original and uncompromising breaks producers in the world, BLIM is now set to bring his unique brand of beats to our Nation's Capital!

Slant: (2Tuff, USA) Hot on the heels of a 3 week tour of Africa, Slant is back to set the DC Massive straight once again! With his first cut, "Daydream," recently released on 2Tuff Communications, DC's original Drum & Bass selector is now armed and ready to take over dancefloors across the globe.

Ty T: (Stellar/Balance, USA) Considered by many as the man responsible for bringing the sound of progressive house to DC's burgeoning club scene, Ty T has consistently remained at the forefront of the DJ community at home and abroad. His newly released 2xCD entitled "Esoteric" sets another benchmark for this trademark sound as he takes it into the new Millennium!

Rob Cee: (Skylab/Rush, USA) Ocean City's own Rob Cee helped pioneer the Maryland house scene and is still going strong with over 10 years of experience under his belt. Co-Founder of the new monthly event, Open House, Rob has been lighting up the East Coast from the decks to the studio with his autthentic House sound.

Graddy: (Undivided Space/Stellar, USA) Former Track's resident and label manager of Stellar Records, Graddy is making his first appearance back in the Metropolitan area since returning to Florida last year. Working under the pen name Undivided Space, Graddy has quickly been gaining exposure in Florida and beyond as one of America's hot new Progressive producers.

Alan Moore: (Automaton.Tech/Stellar, USA) Hoping to push the new face of dance music, Alan Moore is one of DC's rising talents. Producing under the aliases Grimlock and Bombay Spank (with partner Christian Baldo), Alan has been striving to create a seamless fusion of Progressive House and Nu Skool Breaks both on and off the turntables.

** INSTALLATIONS by "J" "D" "W" Designs

** ILLUMINATION by Spektrum Lighting

** ENHANCED VISUALS by Warp Sights and Sounds

** SOUND by Audio Concepts

** GO GO, FAN & SHADOW DANCERS!!

cwm7.gif

Originally posted by cgm:

Why is this board always so dead? Lets get some life in here! ANywho, Im coming down this weekend to visit my alma mater (U of M)amd planning to go out in DC Saturday-where should I go? Any big goings on this weekend? Im missing S&D at Twilo, so make it worth my while!

yeah, terp like me . . .

five is cool on saturday . . .

are you going for the duke game . . .

a-morris-111799.jpg

------------------

Life is too short to be small.

Originally posted by eggmok:

yeah, terp like me . . .

five is cool on saturday . . .

are you going for the duke game . . .

a-morris-111799.jpg

I am a terp to, done with school graduated... hehehhe I used to have very close ties with the b-ball team, actually I still do. I was so disappointed with the game on Sat. Oh, well maybe they will beat them again at Cameron.