Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dinner meet-up Thurs, Feb 15

kramadas

OK, folks, I guess the majority vote goes for a dinner meet-up on the 15th. I was thinking dinner and then drinks, then we could head over to CLub 5.

Now we need some suggestions for a place to eat - we did Cafe Asia last time...do y'all want to stick to the same place or try something different?

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

meetup?? hehe, well i turned 21 last week, so this time i'm gonna make it

i'm down for dinner. time, place?

it seems to be a general concession that 5 got the best music on saturdays. So why not have a meetup then?

[This message has been edited by sosultan (edited 02-07-2001).]

Millie, what sort of food do these places serve, approx. prices, location?

Anyone else with suggestions? Also please elaborate on cuisine, price, location.

Happy B-day Sosultan!

Originally posted by millele:

nah, how about someplace different but still in dpuont? raku, kramerbooks, pepper's...

------------------

Nietzche

Originally posted by sosultan:

meetup?? hehe, well i turned 21 last week, so this time i'm gonna make it

i'm down for dinner. time, place?

it seems to be a general concession that 5 got the best music on saturdays. So why not have a meetup then?

[This message has been edited by sosultan (edited 02-07-2001).]

Sure, why don't you guys have one on Sat as well! The more the merrier. I'm not usually here on weekends, so I'm out.

------------------

Nietzche

dude, you're pretty much the heart and soul of DC's board. So I suggest you either make an exception and stay here for Saturday's meetup (if that's when majority of you want to meetup), or we can do it thursday night .....

who can make it on a sat or thursday??

cwm12.gif

Originally posted by sosultan:

dude, you're pretty much the heart and soul of DC's board. So I suggest you either make an exception and stay here for Saturday's meetup (if that's when majority of you want to meetup), or we can do it thursday night .....

who can make it on a sat or thursday??

cwm12.gif

Hahaha..thanks for the compliment, but I don't think I'm the heart and soul..there are the others(eg, eggmok, dirty, g-money, you, millele, etc).

Anyway, I think next THurs is OK for most...even if they can't make dinner they'll join us later. Can you make it next Thurs?

------------------

Nietzche

i'm all confused, but i think these are the viable options:

this thurs at 5

next thurs at 5

next fri at buzz (carl cox)

saturday's aren't going to work due to people being out of town. plus i believe this sat most places except for glow will be closed for nba all-star events

-to Ravermania: i'd much rather meet up on a friday or a saturday, but next thursday should be good, providing we can get a large enough crowd (no offence or anything bro, but you me and g-money is simply not enough for me to get my b-more lazy-ass to dc)

-I say we meet up at 5 next sat.(can't do it this sat)

this is getting confusing....how about everyone takes a vote on either next thursday or saturday

i vote for SATURDAY -- music is best, and just the whole excitement of a weekend kinda adds to it

p.s. i'm down for dinner & later 5

Sosultan - I understand. BTW, where in B-more do you live? I would give you a ride, except for the fact that I'm staying overnight in DC and driving straight to work.

Next Sat is President's day weekend.

Personally, I'd prefer Thursday, Feb 15. OR we could have two meet-ups...one for people who want to do it on Thurs, and one for people who want to do it Sat - it doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other.

Votes?

------------------

Nietzche

Of course, your opinion counts! Hey, it doesn't matter if you're new to the board or not - you could still be a veteran of the scene. Even if not, welcome, and have fun!!

Yeah, I know what you mean by your friends not being in the scene and all - when I first came here thats how it was...but now I have friends in DC and NYC who're as crazily into clubbing as I am.

What sort of music do you like...trance, progressive house, hard house...?

I'm not exactly sure of the dress code at 5, but I wouldn't wear jeans and sneakers...I get in with cargo pants all the time. The only problem I had was last Friday, when they wanted me to have a collared shirt on.

Once we get a consensus on the restaurant, etc, we'll decide on a time. I'm guessing around 8ish/8:15pm? We'll get this settled by early next week. The place will prolly be in Dupont.

------------------

Nietzche

[This message has been edited by raver_mania (edited 02-07-2001).]

OK I just found out that my friends are throwing a surprise dinner party for one of the girls on my floor (it's her birthday) on Thursday. Augh! However, they want to take her to this restaurant in DuPont, so I was thinking I would just go there and eat with them, then come find you and have dessert or drinks or something. What time do you plan to meet up?

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

Originally posted by vixenfoxxy:

OK I just found out that my friends are throwing a surprise dinner party for one of the girls on my floor (it's her birthday) on Thursday. Augh! However, they want to take her to this restaurant in DuPont, so I was thinking I would just go there and eat with them, then come find you and have dessert or drinks or something. What time do you plan to meet up?

ok everyone, next thursday in dupont circle . . .

dirtyslapper, that's your stomping ground, what do you suggest . . .

i'm still down with cafe asia in rosslyn, ask g cause the place is off da hook . . .

but i'll go to where ever as long as we all agree . . .

------------------

Fastest sport on foot.

m45.gif