Clubplanet Nightlife Community

London clubbin'

sosultan

London clubbers are definetely diff. from NYers, I haven't seen a SINGLE guido in the 5-6 clubs I've been to, guys never take of their shirts, and also dont' grind girls on the dancefloor. Music, was mostly progressive house/garage, depending on the venue. Girls, to my disappointment, had nothing (looks-wise) on NY ladies, however they turned out to be much friendlier than the ones we have here. My favorite club was fabric, where carl cox did something like a 5 hour set last sat. As for the 'pretty/dress up peeps, China White was the place to be -- lots of beatiful women and a great chill place.

what music to my ears to hear about my old favorite London haunts. I was in London for the past three years and got to DC in Sept. Yea, guys would never think of taking off their shirts in a London club and the friendliness of the places is quite endearing. The old reserved Brits just blossom in the club scene with none of the macho or pretentious or subversive elements present. Yea, Fabric was great, I was also real partial to Heaven on a Fri night. Ministry of Sound was a 'must do' but nothing real special anymore although I hear they now have a UK-garage night in Sat. Home was good. China White was good, THE club just now, very difficult to get into, but the night I was there the music was sort of strange. Equinox, though touristy, was always decent (though not exciting) and Cafe de Paris had a crowd that was enjoyable to be around.

tell me more......

going back soon??????

i posted the same post on the NY board, got more responses, and went into a bit more detail on nightlife. Cafe de Pari was alright, i loved the setup but the crowd was ok, and the music would get really good and then die out with some lame hip hop song...Guys jumping around with cigars in their hands on the dancefloor. Not my type of venue...Bar Rumba was cool as hell, we went there on a monday night, we rolled in around 12, wouldn't leave till close -- 3:30. Great garage music, really friendly crowd, (a bit touristy) but the vibe was there the whole time. As for China White, that place had a uniqe spice to it, I felt like i was in NY's studio 54 of the 70's. I'd def visit that place again next time i'll be in london. Not going back anytime soon though, i did france this summer and jamaica in dec, kinda burned a whole in my pocket. Plus i got somewhat stuck at Harrod's, a tight store by the way...

Hey Sosultan! I went to London last year. Scala had some great jungle. I also went to Ministry of Sound and Cross. They were decent clubs and the people, like you said were very friendly!

I was only there for 4 days - I would love to go back and check out some other scenes!

4 days aint nothing' hehe, it's so not enough to explore city the size of london. I went out 7 nights in a row, and i feel like i haven't seen 1/10 of what's out there...

Originally posted by malanee:

Hey Sosultan! I went to London last year. Scala had some great jungle. I also went to Ministry of Sound and Cross. They were decent clubs and the people, like you said were very friendly!

I was only there for 4 days - I would love to go back and check out some other scenes!