Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Platinum - Saturday guestlist??

pb1856

Yeah, to the best of my knowledge, Platinum Saturdays is Z104... you might want to check out www.platinumclubdc.com and see if you can get anything from there. But if the power-pop party isn't your deal, I'm sure we all have suggestions as to where else to try, depending on the kind of party you are looking for.

------------------

"When you're feelin' good in somebody's spot, gettin' hot, don't stop, just don't think I'm not!" ~Candy

Saturdays at Platinum are awesome! Scott Henry has been playing the early set - he's usually at Buzz on Fridays. I don't know about the <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> - except that it is pretty hard to get on. Let me know if you find out anything! I know VIP is pretty expensive - we used to get tables all the time, but the management kept screwing us!

Just don't go on Thursdays if you're not down for more commercial Britney Spears set to techno type music!

Vixenfoxxy - Z104 is not at 5 Fridays or Saturdays. It might be Thursdays, because the music is a little cheesy that night! IMHO, Saturday night is the best night. Friday is all really hard house - which is cool if that's what you like. I find that the DJs don't do enough build ups or tempo changes for my liking.

That's just my .02! :-)

D'oh! I'm such an idiot! I was talking about 5! I think Z104 is at Platinum on Friday's, actually. And I heard they've got a new DJ on Saturday's that is pretty good. I'm thinking of heading there myself Saturday night! Keep me posted!

Ruth

Definitely check out 5 on Sats - much better, and the music is way way better. Plus this Sat Jerry Bonham from Spundae (also spins at 1015 Folsom in San Fran) will be there.

And Friday check out Buzz@Nation for world-class DJs. The crowd is younger and more raver-like. Here's are the set-times for this weekend:

Buzz

Capitol Intensive Clubbing -- A Buzzlife Production

Trance | House | Drum 'n' Bass | Techno | Breaks | 2-Step Garage

Every Friday Night at Nation

FRIDAY, MARCH 30, 2001: DJ DAN

Regular Admission: $11 before 11 p.m. / $15 after 11 p.m.

DJ DAN (Kinetic Records / www.djdan.com, San Francisco)

"Live at the Love Parade" Tour featuring Buzz resident DJ, Dave Ralph...

<"Live at the Love Parade" album available on Kinetic Records>

DAVE RALPH (Perfecto/Kinetic/Buzz, UK) <Dave Ralph is at Buzz on the last Friday of each month>

ALEX WHALEN (Yoshitoshi, DC)

The Usual Suspects and Loxy are no strangers to the drum 'n' bass cognoscenti. Loxy has teamed up with two other DJ's featured this

month at Buzz. He appeared with Dylan on the massive double-sided single, "End of Days/Eclipse," on Cylon, and with DJ Ink on the

"Quasimodo" release. The Usual Suspects have unleashed innumerable releases on the Renegade Hardware label over the past

couple of years. Tonight they'll be complemented by the lyrical stylings of MC Rage at Buzz.

USUAL SUSPECTS (Renegade Hardware, UK)

LOXY (Cylon / Renegade Hardware, UK)

MC RAGE (Metalheadz, UK)

JOHN TAB (Buzz / Fever, DC)

TABER KING (Tone Def, Richmond)

MAIN ROOM:

11:30-01:30 Alex Whalen

01:30-03:30 DJ Dan

03:30-05:30 Dave Ralph

FRONT ROOM:

10:00-12:00 John Tab

12:00-01:30 Loxy w/ MC Rage

01:30-03:00 Usual Suspects w/ MC Rage

03:00-05:00 Taber King

FRIDAY, APRIL 6, 2001: PETE TONG

Special Admission: $15 before 11 p.m. / $20 after 11 p.m.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by dragonfly:

Dave Ralph is NOT this weekend at BUZZ-

It's PETE TONG

SCOTT HENRY

JUMPIN JACK FROST

BRYAN GEE

LONNIE FISHER

JOHN TAB

CHRIS WARIN cwm3.gif

Hmmm...Dragonfly...maybe you should check the time-stamp on my post, and also on the e-mail. Dave Ralph was supposed to (I'm assuming he did, I wasn't there) play on March 30.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche