Clubplanet Nightlife Community

odyssey! april 28, 2001 (dc armory)

goldenman

• 2 weeks later...

the armory is a FABULOUS venue for a party. my personal fav. a warehouse the length of a football field with 80 ft. ceilings and a massive downstairs area to boot!

i've been to the d.c. armory for the Ultraworld thanksgiving events for the past three years.

i was a little disappointed at last year's event.

the downstairs rooms were no comparison to previous years - and what happened to the ambient section? it was like they downsized the event and upsized the cost. i also thought the set and lighting effects were of a lesser quality.

don't get me wrong - i thought adam f and darren emerson tore it up. who was that badass chick that slammed hard house around 4 or 5? mistress barbara? she was good, too. but even scott henry's set was a little disappointing. (especially compared to a set he gave @ centro-fly in ny - blazin'!)

does anyone think this odyssey event will be better? i hope so.

*sigh* but nothing will beat the set moby pounded into us a couple of years ago. *sniff* and he's not the same anymore.

btw, sorry for the length but i had to air my opinions. cwm32.gif

------------------

...overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air

and deep beneath the rolling waves in labyrinths of coral caves

the echo of a distant time comes willowing across the sand

and everthing is green and summery...

-------------------

I'll be there... although i am not thrilled by the lineup...its really about the people ive realized the past 2 years ive been going to ultraworld events. And btw, Bad Boy Bill is overrated... he sounds exactly like some of his cd's down to track order sometimes.

I've heard him a total of 3 times. Maybe it was just coincidence. But i really dont see the big fuss.

big fan of BBB here...however, his last appearance at Nation was a big dissapointment...he barely played any of his signature hard house style tracks...he played a lot of disco house, only stayed around 130 bpm, and played each track about 3 min or so, which is a very long time for him...hopefully that was an off night...can't make it this weekend, so please post reviews next week...

Peace,

Hal