Clubplanet Nightlife Community

hey DT fans... favorite album?

a1wave

Originally posted by sosultan:

You really think so scratchapella? His "Back to mine" is nothing similar to what this person heard at Twilo. It is more of an after hours music, something u'd listen to at a friend's house,when u're not in the mood for banging beats, hence the title. The music is really mellow, but if you're into that stuff, this cd is def for u.

That's what I meant by crazy shiznit, Sultan. Like a diversion from what everyone usually hears him spin at clubs. People pretty much know him for his crowd control, "bangin beats", etc. I thought if she was interested, she'd might want to check out other stuff by DT. I like to hear that CD at home, and hear him live at Vinyl/Twilo.

Thanks for your input you two... For clarification, I guess I am looking for some drum pounding, tribal but upbeat Danny and not his mellow stuff. I have Global Underground London which is good but definitely mellow. Definitely different than what he spins live... There must be a live album that's up..

Originally posted by scratchapella:

It's probably better to hear him live at clubs instead. But if you wanna hear some crazy shit of his the Back to Mine CD is tight.

You really think so scratchapella? His "Back to mine" is nothing similar to what this person heard at Twilo. It is more of an after hours music, something u'd listen to at a friend's house,when u're not in the mood for banging beats, hence the title. The music is really mellow, but if you're into that stuff, this cd is def for u.

I hear Danny's CDs do not even come close to his live sets...but one of these days, I will make it up to Vinyl for him.

I absolutely love disc 1 of the London GU series, but disc 2 kind of bored me. Personally, I prefer the Athens GU. It's darker, funkier, and just different. If you come across a live set somewhere let us know! I've been looking for one for quite some time.

=]

-YG