Clubplanet Nightlife Community

NYC DJ IN DC???

skylar69

Rumor has it that Richie Santana is coming down here to play..wanted to know if anyone heard about it. I'm from NY but go to school down here..Richie is an amazing domestic dj and producer that alot of people have kept a secret...if any has any info..lemme know..thanx!

No rumor..Richie is a good friend of mine and he's coming down here Sat. May 5. and spinning at Space. And your rite..he is a great dj that alot of people from the dc area don't know about..i was just at his cd release party last week..it was off the hook!! Alot of people from NY are comin down for the party b/c this is the 1st time he's in dc...he's been hoppin around alot b/w cancun, vegas, philly, and florida. the party at space should be pretty dope as soon as people realize who he is and the tracks he produced..maybe ill see you there!! smile.gif

i'm so happy to see that people are already starting to talk about this party. I actually came on here to post something about it-and I never post anything! smile.gif I heard Richie a few times before, once in Vegas memorial day and once in philly-he is no joke!!

someone mentioned that he has a new cd..whats the name b/c i would love to check it out?

richies main residency is at hunka bunka....a club in new jersey, but over the summer he also has various spots at the nj shore. he spins a lot in phili at transit, and also does lots of guest locations in vegas, cancun, and miami for memorial day, labor day, spring breaks etc.

he spins in sets....has a good feeling for what the crowd wants to hear. he gives everyone what they want....hard house, vocal, trance, disco house, progressive.

his name is out there in the industry...he works with dj skribbles, and anthony acid, robbie tronco,plasmic honey, and mike macaluso.

you should def come down to hear him....the boys got some talent that people in dc should be aware of.

hope to see u there.

cwm27.gifcwm30.gifcwm27.gif

YO Richie is my boy!!! His remixes are phat, I love the wild orchid song. Trance revolution was real tight. I never had a bad club night with him playing.I talked to him once at the bunka and he was really nice and answered all of my questions. If he is at the shore then I'll definitely be there. im glad hes getting the oportunity to spin in DC.....his sets are off the fucking hook! me and my friends are def coming down next sat to see him spin

now u've got me thinking. its just funny to me that everyone in the club scene is so skeptical and critical of everyone else-sometimes it almost seems like a competition. i think all the people who posted bout santana comin down were just excited to hear a dj in dc that they actually enjoy and were excited for him to come down.

and yea maybe some of the posts people wrote sounded as if they were promoting-maybe not for business reasons, but b/c they wanted everyone around here to be able to experience richie's talent and enjoy the evening as well..maybe you shouldn't be overanalyzing the scene so much as just enjoy it as it is-you'd probably find yourself a whole lot happier in the end.

this is no business proposition-it was just an attempt to share some info on something that people in dc might not have been aware of...lighten up my friend!

well it's kinda funny on my part because i've never seen skylar69, jelis, alexa51 or nycdancindiva post anything before except this . . .

so where have all of you been hiding . . .

waiting for richie santana's appearance . . .

------------------

Life is too short to be small. 6a.gif

wow u must be some detective....got a lot of time on your hands to be so worried about 4 different girls and how many posts they make on the computer....well sweety ive been a member on this thing since november..i dont seem to be a "club god" like u and have the time to post over 1000 things that interest me. i will tell u that this website is for fun, not to bust peoples balls! jesus grow up...and enjoy what matters most THE MUSIC

Originally posted by skylar69:

wow u must be some detective....got a lot of time on your hands to be so worried about 4 different girls and how many posts they make on the computer....well sweety ive been a member on this thing since november..i dont seem to be a "club god" like u and have the time to post over 1000 things that interest me. i will tell u that this website is for fun, not to bust peoples balls! jesus grow up...and enjoy what matters most THE MUSIC

aahhhaaa, lol . . .

so does that mean you're goin to see mr. santana or not . . .

if he plays in hunka bunka i'd better check him out, i hear that club advertised all the time on the radio when i'm in nyc . . .

ladies love me, girls adore me, i mean even the ones that never saw me . . .

------------------

Originally posted by skylar69:

not only will I be there, but I'll be in the booth with Richie.....please feel free to come up there and introduce yourself. Id love to meet the man behind the words!

By the way "when your in ny" where do u go?

the only place to go . . .

twilo twilo twilo twilo twilo . . .

------------------

well not like i have to defend myself to you bout my amount of posts, but since you seem very concerned about it-i'll let you know that my old email address went inactive, so i re-registered with a new name...jelis.

now maybe we could all put this sarcasm behind.

a twilo boy huh? well if your such a big fan of the ny club scene, then you should def. check out this saturday-especially if you never have heard richie. you might actually enjoy yourself and stop stressing things that really arent important. smile.gif

yes..the party is at space..and space is the old element...but its also not going to be like hte normal nite at space...

theres a new promotion team doin this party-doin it for a one time event..so they will be bringing a diff crowd with them..hopefully bringing a new vibe as well ( no offense to anyone who is a reg. there)

imo the dc clubs and parties that i've been to have always seemed a lil weak b/c there doesnt seem to be a consistent clubbing crowd here..or at least a club that can hold the attention of hte customers for more than a few parties...

hopefully sat will be good..no one is trying to change the party or rep of space permanantly..just tryin to have some fun for a single nite...