Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Comin' to DC this Friday...need some info please

biglex

Whats up DC? I'm plannin on comin down from NYC to check out Mauro Picotto @ Buzz this Friday the 29th, and I was hoping I could get some info about the place. Please help a brotha out. Mainly: door policy? dress code? price? <A HREF="http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/" TARGET="_blank"> guest list</A> ? closing time? and anything else that would help me out. Also, anything good goin on the next night--Saturday the 30th? Any info would be appreciated. Thank ya!

the price at buzz ranges but it'll probably be 15-20 for mauro...

saturdays at nation is velvet...i've never been, so i can't really comment...if you're not up for that, you should check out the other places in dc on saturday, five and red are fun...

buzz doesn't open the main room until midnite...but, they do have an outside deck that usually opens up a little earlier than that..most of the time it's drum n bass in the front room (which i can't stand), so i can't wait to get out of there and onto the deck...it shouldn't be that crowded for mauro, so you should be good getting there around midnite or a little earlier...i'm not sure the set times though...if i have them in my mailbox, i'll post it here. i'm not sure what's happening on saturday in dc...i'm from baltimore, so i usually don't make the trip down there twice in one weekend...

Sat you can check out Club 5...they usually play some good progressive beats. However, the crowd aint that much into the music, and the dress code is pretty strict.

Glow@Zei Club sometimes has George Acosta, Taucher, 2XLC, etc.

Club Red is also pretty good, but I haven't been there on a Sat in a long time.

All these clubs close at 6am.

------------------

"I would believe only in a god who could dance."

Nietzche

Originally posted by partychick2001:

Hey! Come to GLOW on 14-I I'll put you on the list. Free before 11:30. Dress to Impress.Trance and Progressive House till 6AM. E-mail me @ Borntobe_a_star@yahoo.com

Unfortunately, the crowd at Glow is a lot worse than at 5. Plus Zei is just too small.

------------------

Nietzche

Originally posted by eggmok:

dress to impress, does that mean i should wear my tux . . . cwm25.gif

What color glowsticks would you get to accessorize with a tux? cwm32.gif

What if I wore my top hat with my tux - would I be violating the dress code? I've also lost a little weight, so my tux is a bit baggy...

Originally posted by partychick2001:

Actually the crowd has been very goodlookin latly. We are an 18 and over club. 5 is 21 and over. This is an opportunity to get in for free. It's up to you. I would go to both.

Actually the "looks" of the crowd is not what I'm talking about. I'm going to the club to dance, and I don't care about what ppl look like...I'm actually talking about the vibe. However, 5 does not have much of a vibe either, so its probably best to check out both clubs.

Peace, and I'm gonna try get some info on booking Digweed and send you a PM, partychick.

------------------

Nietzche

Originally posted by biglex:

Anybody good spinnin?

The biggest thing is, what kind of music do you like?

Red - Deep House

5 - Progressive House

Glow - Trance

Don't think any of them have any big name DJ's coming this Saturday. But the residents at each club are pretty good (well, most of 'em, but we won't get into the whole DJ bashing thing here). The residents at 5 rock, and have a bit of a fan club on this board.

set times for mauro:

MAIN ROOM:

11:30-02:00 Dave Ralph

02:00-05:00 Mauro Picotto

05:00-06:00 Alex Whalen

FRONT ROOM:

10:00-01:00 John Tab

01:00-03:00 John B.

03:00-05:00 Prophecy Projekt

OUTDOOR PATIO:

11:00-01:00 Xodus

01:00-03:00 Zelda