Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Labor day weekend

woodycat

that's pretty far away - i have no idea about labor day weekend's lineup at any of the clubs. fairfax is somewhat of a drive from DC - maybe 20 minutes or so w/o traffic, and w/ traffic it can be an hour! i'm totally not familiar w/ that area - anyone else???

ooops, you're right, my bad. smile.gif

i think it's more or less in dupont circle, which has lots of bars, several clubs, etc, and adams morgan is nearby as well. i'm sure different places will be having special parties for labor day weekend, but they're probably not set yet. anyways, my suggestions for clubs in dupont:

5 (progressive house, trance)

red (deep house)

there's also nation (buzz on friday nights, see www.buzzdc.com) and zei (glow on saturday nights, see www.zeiclub.com)

it's too far away to know any lineups...

5 is 21+, the rest are 18 or 19+. cover ranges from $10 - $20.

Originally posted by millele:

5 (progressive house, trance)

red (deep house)

there's also nation (buzz on friday nights, see <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.buzzdc.com)" TARGET=_blank>www.buzzdc.com)</A> and zei (glow on saturday nights, see <A HREF="/cgi-bin/redir.cgi?url=http://www.zeiclub.com)" TARGET=_blank>www.zeiclub.com)</A>

it's too far away to know any lineups...

5 is 21+, the rest are 18 or 19+. cover ranges from $10 - $20.

Millie-

I used to go to Red when it was 18+ on weekdays. But they changed it to 21+ completely back in April (lost my ID at Red shortly thereafter cwm10.gif )

Anyways, if I'm wrong, let me know, b/c I'd love to come back to DC and see Saeed and Palash kick it on a Thursday!

Scratch - correcting the "queen of info" since July 2001

Originally posted by BillDaThrill:

now only weird people go there. 1223 is where its at!

Hey now. Lotta people on this board still go to 5. And I wouldn't make generalizations like that and say ONLY weird people got there. It HAS been slowing down, but I'll go there until they close the doors.

1223 sucks major portions of ass most nights. It gets way too crowded. The dance floor is the size of my bathroom. The whole club is about the size of my bedroom. It's impossible to get a drink at the bar (I know one of the bartenders there and it's STILL impossible). The only good thing about 1223 are the Bliss parties which happen once in a blue moon.

1223 is one of those places where I'll go and every single time leave early saying I'll never go there again.

my bad, you're probably right - i'm over 21, so i don't really pay attention. i can tell you, though, that every other thurs saeed spins (just saeed though, no palash), and on the alternate thurs tom blondet spins. this thurs (as in tonight) is tom b.

as for 1223 - i completely forgot to mention that one bc i never go unless someone good is spinning. it IS a very small club that promotes itself more of an upscale lounge than anything else. sean cusick has come to spin twice - i even heard a rumor that he's going to have a monthly residency there. the people who go there are more into themselves than the music, but if you go w/ a good group of people, then you can more or less dominate the dance floor and have a good time. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif cover is $10, 21+, right across the street from 5.

5 is getting less and less people, which in my mind is a good thing but which is also why 5's management is turning over promoters. through the end of july twilight is still hosting friday and saturday night parties, but after that m3 productions (usually holds the parties at the edge) is taking over saturday nights. however, buster told a1wave that he'll still be spinning late nights at 5 on fridays.

whew!!!! the queen of info is tired. smile.gif

Originally posted by scratchapella:

Millie-

I used to go to Red when it was 18+ on weekdays. But they changed it to 21+ completely back in April (lost my ID at Red shortly thereafter cwm10.gif )

Anyways, if I'm wrong, let me know, b/c I'd love to come back to DC and see Saeed and Palash kick it on a Thursday!

Scratch - correcting the "queen of info" since July 2001

scratch - hope that answers your ? about alex and buster. they'll be spinning at 5 only til the end of july, then buster will be spinning at 5 fri late nights, and alex whalen will be touring w/ dave ralph for a couple months.

also, forgot to mention that 1223 has a strict dress code.

one more thing - i think ty t still has a monthly residency at volt (egg, is that right?), which used to be babylon and is next door to platinum, at 9th and f streets. 18+ on thurs, 21+ fri and sat, $10 for a normal night. they have brought in special guest dj's like parks & wilson and even sander kleinenberg.

Aww heelll nah. . .Alex bettah not leave until I get back! I've a new ID and everything! Ummm. Somebody better tell him Scratch doesn't get back to DC until August. When he hears that, he'll stay. . . yep, when he hears that, he'll stay.

Thanks for the info. Queen Millie!

So if Twilight's not doing Saturday's at 5 anymore, what happens to all other talent they brought earlier (Sandra Collins, MJ Cole, Keoki, et al)? Where's Twilight taking their next party to?

You should get paid for all these answers! I'll bake you some special cookies next time ;).

Hey - A1Wave and I go to 5 every Saturday we can - and we're not wierd. Well, okay - maybe a little wierd! :P

I hear they are changing Fridays again too - any word on that Mil? I don't think hip hop is doing so well, there....