Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Help w/CD Burner Pleaze...

I'm having problems with my CD burner. For some reason when I burn from one CD to the other it doesn't write at 4x the speed. It actually takes like an hour & a half for a 74 minute CD! When I burn MP3s it works fine. Any advice???

Thanks in advance

SMOKEE

________~~~

------------------

if you are burning from one cd to another your problem is probably your cd rom drive. it most likely doesn't support digital extraction well. to really burn at 4x from cd to cd you need a cd-rom drive that supports digital extraction at that speed. try saving the cd to your hard drive (using your pacific digital drive) as wave files. then burn the cd with the wave file one your hard drive like you would converted mp3's. this also saves time if you are making more than one copy of that cd.

------------------

you can use winamp to convert them into wav's. from what i was told also from alot of people and i do it myself is to always burn on the 2x speed. takes longer but you get much better quality, but thats only for audio files....

------------------

get a nu cdrom and cdrw smile.gif

and the thing about 2x is not true

and make sure that you are using blank cds that support 4x mode smile.gif

if you thinking of buying a new cdrw go with yamaha ones or plextor ones that are scci so that you can use your comuter while burning smile.gif and its much faster smile.gif

------------------