Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Someone Needs A Little Help

OK, let me introduce myself.

E-rock is what my friends call me. Native of Cleveland OH USA. We have had a mini-explosion of clubs (on top of what we have in The Flats already) in the past two or three years, but now I need MORE! I always like to dress up when I go out here (Thurs-Fri-Sat), which means no FUBU, Tommy, Nautica, Polo, Jnco, etc., in favor of BC Ethic, YMLA, Morbid Threads, D&G, V2 Versace, Rampage, French Connection and Gianfranco Ferre--all hard to find in a meat-&-potatoes, jeans-and-t-shirt, shot- and-a-beer city where a geek with square glasses (Drew Carey) is considered a god.

Last year, a few of my friends who were preferred patrons of a place called Aqua went on weekend trips to Chicagoland, MiamiDade and Manhattan during the summer. After hearing so much about NYC, I think it's time to ask those of you who live there. Whiat is it like? Are the cover charges & drink prices really as high as they say? Where do the natives really shop--the department stores & fashion houses or the outlets? What are the nights to play and/or to avoid? What does "B&T" mean? Why does the nightcrawling industry hate Mayor Giuliani so much?

I know I'm just a lowly Heartlander, but any answers will help. I have a friend in Paramus NJ who wants me out there in July/August this year. Thanks!

------------------

Erick Adam "E-rock" Sanders

E-rock your email made me lol.

I give you a quick basic lesson on our NYC scene.

B/T- It's a type of crowd, "Bridge and Tunnel" Which means that the type of guest at a B/T event are from the boroughs of NYC, not Manhattan. Thus they must travel on a Bridge or tunnel to go to the club.

In the NYC are we have so many peeps that there are clubs which have parties for each type of scene. So when you here diff. opinions of clubs on this m-board you are getting the from people from different scenes. You hear a lot on this board about Exit, Sound Factory, Twilo ect. However I rarely go to those clubs. It's just not my thing. The clubs that I attend are the fashion/ trendy clubs w/ mostly Manhattan peeps which are rarely talked about on this board.

As far as fashion if you know the right people you can always get to designers clothing for a discount, but otherwise we pay a whole lot of cash and don't even think twice about it. A night out in the for me typically cost me around $175. That's just at the club. Which is a lot of money, but you get what you pay for. Super model women don't leave with a cheap guy.

------------------