Clubplanet Nightlife Community

How do you convert Streaming RA to MP3

A while back someone pointed me to a site that had PVD's set from Giant in LA on it. I listened to some of it and loved it. But it's in real audio and my internet connection isn't the greatest. I know a way to make it play more smoothly w/o all the buffering and I want to transfer it to MiniDisc. Is there any way I can convert the real audio to MP3 first on my computer so that I can copy it to MiniDisc at some later point or do I have to hook my MiniDisc up to my soundcard and record on the fly from the real audio?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

------------------

I have been looking for something that does exactly that...I can record the real audio. but only to a wav. file, and long sets make a file that is so damn huge!!

2 things to try...I have read that audiograbber records right to MP3...also something called musicmatch jukebox. I havent had the time to DL these and try..but if you do...please give me a report on how it works!! smoknjilly@aol.com

Thanks much..I hope they work..I know audiograbber is free..not sure how much musicmatch jukebox is...go here...this is one of my favorite websites, digital audio freak that I am... smile.gif

http://software.cybertropix.com/?sort=type&only=5

-Jill

------------------