Clubplanet Nightlife Community

TIME magazine article about Ecstasy

the cover story of this week's time magazine is about E.

i found it to be one of the most level headed articles on the subject -- especially considering it was written by a mainstream news magazine.

i suggest you all pick it up and read it. the magazine also includes 2 followup articles. one on the "rave" scene and one on Sammy the Bull Grovano and how he "brought ecstasy to middle america" LOLOLOLOLOL.

i wasnt too impressed by the follow up articles. (it heralds MOBY and ALICE DEE JAY as the biggest things in the rave world and, at least as far as i'm concerned, both of those acts ended their asociation w\ the rave scene long ago)

still, i plan on writing to TIME magazine to thank them for their coverage of ecstasy. it was the most unbiased article i have ever seen. it offered all the posatives and all the negatives and said ...u decide, it is not our job to decide for u.

anyone else seen this??

i'd like to know what u all thought.

galve.

------------------

totally agree. they didn't just drop bullshit rhetoric about e, they actually consulted scientists and doctors and gave and unbiased look, at the drug itself anyway. the articles about the scene and all that were not too precise. kudos to time.

------------------

That was the first article that I read on E that was actually informative without a lot of assumptions. The one thing that they did that I thought was good was that they actually studied individual people without making generalized judgements.

------------------