Clubplanet Nightlife Community

not this weekend...but the next...

how fares it peoples...just a bunch of questions and stuff about next weekend because i'm planning on doing a lot of things and want to know what the deal is...

anyhow..i heard from somewhere that groove is opening up in the city that friday...does anyhone have an idea if it's gonna be so crowded that i have to buy ticks and get there beforehand..i went to the website and the movie looks awesome! can't wait to check it out myself...

lemme see...i know dave seaman and deep dish are gonna be at twilo...i've heard good stuff, but can someone elaborate on them? what do they spin? are they gonna go really late?

oh yeah...and randall's island....yeah baby! or at least i hope so....until later...peace...

------------------

I've seen Deep Dish a couple of times in DC. A lot of people just love them, but I personally didn't care for their music. It was definitely deep house, but not the type that makes you get up and dance. Nation was as calm as I have ever seen it, so I guess that has to say something. 6th Element sound phat, but I can't make the trip for that. Well, that's about all I know. Have fun!

------------------

Keep it movin'!

Corporate

djcorporate@hotmail.com

hrm..deep house...and non-dancey deep house? i might have to reconsider twilo then...and what's the deal with starscape....i saw their website once..but don't remember the url..can someone give me that again?

------------------

Human...

Post a message asking the rest of the board about Dave Seamen....don't rely on just one opinion. I have heard nothing but good things. I have never heard him live so I would have to fall back on the opinions of our Club Planet Brotha's and Sista's

http://www.groovethemovie.com

It is only going to make you want to see it more quickly than next weekend.

------------------

yeah i know the groove website..i'm asking about the starscape url...and i agree about dave seaman i've heard good stuff about him as well....just didn't know about deep dish..we'll see..cheears...appreciate any help y'all can give

------------------

Sorry... I have to disagree about Deep Dish not being worthy.

Why don't you go see for yourself. You're going to listen to a stranger's opinion who probably knows less about the music than anyone on this board.

If you don't go for Deep Dish, than atleast give Mr. Dave (all rise) Seaman a chance. He is pure class and can take on that musical journey of twisted progressive funk like no other.

Here are the times

Seaman 11-2:30

Deep Dish 2:30-close

easy

------------------

yeah that sounds right..i might as well give it a run....dave seaman starts at 11? wow...i don't think i've ever been there that early before...i'm just hoping deep dish doesn't end up saving all his really great stuff till the end...because i know i'll want to hear it...oh well..it'll be a long night...see y'all there then...

------------------

Oh, forgot to mention that Deep Dish are 2 different djs. Ali and Sharam.

Dave is set to open for them but don't be fooled by the warm up set. I think that's just as important as peak time performance. You gotta love the way Dave buils it up. Amazing!

I'll be going with a couple of friends flying in from Miami. It's going to be a top night out. After Twilo, we're going to check out Tenaglia at Vinyl. In my opinion, the best djs on the planet. He is the mesiah.

cheers smile.gif

------------------

i've never seen tenaglia live but i have some of his tracks on my computer and i didn't get that into them...it's probably because i prefer stuff more trancey and/or progressive....isn't tenaglia more housey? or am i completely mistaken?

------------------

i've never seen tenaglia live but i have some of his tracks on my computer and i didn't get that into them...it's probably because i prefer stuff more trancey and/or progressive....isn't tenaglia more housey? or am i completely mistaken?

------------------

human.....listen close to what Nolimit is telling you, every word he says rings true. Seaman and Deep Dish is the real deal, hands down top choice beats.

The Honorable Mr. Tenaglia is not "housey"...he is HOUSE.....NYC house that is.

and he is the law....

be cool

------------------

Cheers Wizard. Atleast someone believes me...

As for Tenaglia. He spins everything from classics to disco house, and then getting into the darker and deeper side. A lil progressive, and even some subtle trance. Don't expect to hear anything from the Gatecrasher CDs. Whatever he spins, he does it right. A trip into different genres of music done right. Check him out. He is at Vinyl every friday.

His GU017 London is to be released in late September from his recent set at HOME in London.

easy

------------------